Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is fans in the stands ownerships biggest priority???
(12-11-2020, 11:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think so.  

Maybe if he was playing at an elite level and had the offense among the league leaders in scoring, but through 11 weeks Burrow was the #24 ranked QB and our scoring offense was #25.  No one is going to pay to see that.

Empty seats are the single biggest motivation for our front office.  And if we bring Taylor back next year PBS will be empty.

While I disagree with your assessment that it would be different if the QB was playing at an elite level, bringing back ZT would all but ensure that people won't return.

I all honesty, I think it is REALLY hard to sell tickets to an NFL game.  The at-home experience is so much better now with ridiculously-sized HD TVs that allow you to sit at home in comfort is hard to leave for the so-called stadium experience.  Maybe it would be different if they had a dome as well, but after giving up my season tickets two seasons ago (largely due to divorce), there isn't a lot that makes me want to go back.  And you know I am a perpetual optimist and absolutely love the team.  

Part of that has to do with my father, who owned one ticket (I owned three) and at 87 years young, it was tough on him during the cold weather games.  I couldn't believe it when stadium personnel actually argued with my dad for wanting to take the elevator.  I said I would walk up, but dad's knee was acting up and he would rather take the elevator.  They argued with us every time.  Assholes.

Some will say I am on old man that can't handle the weather.  I don't think it is that at all.  Without blackouts and being able to watch every game from home, we can have a few drinks and cater in a great meal (which is what we do now) and doze off at the end of the game (at least dad does).  

I do miss a lot of the people that sat in our section and I had great times at many games over the years, but the younger generation that are would be customers are more interested in fantasy football and video games.  I mean, if they are under 30 years old, they have never seen the Bengals win a playoff game.  When I graduated from college, I bought season tickets.  It was what I wanted more than anything.  Before I bought a car, a house, or pretty much anything....I bought season tickets.  If someone as in love with the Bengals as I am could care less about being at a game, I think they have a pretty tough sell moving forward.  Even with Joe Burrow and even if they are winning.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is fans in the stands ownerships biggest priority??? - SHRacerX - 12-11-2020, 11:52 AM