Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is fans in the stands ownerships biggest priority???
It's by far the biggest thing that they can actually control or influence.

TV revenue is their biggest source of income, but that's driven by the strength of the league as a whole. No doubt that this is what allows them to never have to truely worry about making money, but there's still a significant amount that's being left on the table.

Fwiw, I did some half ass math on this a few weeks ago. I think it's safe to assume that they lost out on a minimum of 15 million dollars for their home games in 2019. When you factor in average ticket cost ($70ish???), the amount of unsold tickets (20-35k), empty luxury boxes, the loss in concessions and parking, and the loss in merchandise, it really adds up.

And the biggest thing is that the lack of fan support (empty seats) affects everything else, and serves as indicator for their entire business dealings. Their advertising and sponsor deals won't be as lucrative, they won't sell as many jerseys and other apparel, etc.

This team has had attendace issues for years now, probably going all the way back until 2016. It's not getting any better. I think this year Burrow alone could have improved them somewhat but that opportunity is lost due to Covid.

The team has to be concerned about this, and if they retain Zac Taylor I wouldn't look for these issues to sort themselves out any time soon.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is fans in the stands ownerships biggest priority??? - Wes Mantooth - 12-11-2020, 11:55 AM