Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can We PLEASE Stop Referencing One Score Losses?
(12-11-2020, 01:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Right, the hope is that close losses turn into wins, and with as many close losses as we suffer, it would lead to a pretty good record. When you factor in injuries this year, one cannot objectively think some of those would be wins if they were healthier.  Some will jump up and say injuries are not an excuse, but come on, this team was devastated this year.

It's hard to say how many games though.

For the Chargers, I believe the only two injured were Waynes and Atkins. But the defense still held them to 16 points, and it was the offense that was bad.

The first Browns game wasn't as close as it appeared, as Cincy was down by 2 TDs with less than 4 minutes to play.

The PHI game you could maybe say they could have won with more healthy players since it was a tie, but PHI had almost all of their receivers out of that game too. So if they also had full health, I think it's still uncertain.

With IND being down 7-24 halfway through the 2nd quarter, I think that could have been a win with full health, but I also know IND is normally better than that game and may have not been as surprised to go down by that much if they didn't think Cincy was gonna be a layup.

The second CLE game may have been a win, but that was also the game that OBJ went out with a torn ACL, ending his season. I believe that was in the 1st quarter, right? If I'm remembering right, then I still don't even have confidence that game would have been a win if both teams were fully healthy.

One would think that WAS and NYG would have been winnable with even just Burrow, so I'll give those.

So I guess I'd consider maybe just 2 losses that could have been wins, and then the tie could have also maybe been a win. That would put the wins at 5.

Would people be more confident in Zac if the team was 5-7 right now?
I'd say probably, but it's really hard to speculate when the other teams the Bengals lost to were also dealing with some impactful injuries. And if we talk about what-ifs for the Bengals being healthier, we also need to have the opposition be healthier too.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can We PLEASE Stop Referencing One Score Losses? - ochocincos - 12-11-2020, 02:21 PM