Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penei goes 2 overall, who do you pick?
(01-06-2021, 11:50 AM)Whatever Wrote: Thomas seemed to fall out of favor as the year went on.  Erickson could return, but it's also a deep draft for slot WR's with return ability.  Morgan offers nothing as a position player.

Why would Tate want to even attempt this conversion?  He's basically guaranteed a spot at WR next year and will have a good shot at getting a second contract somewhere if he stays there.  If this TE conversion doesn't work out, he gets cut a year short of earning full retirement benefits from the league and is probably out of the league.  It's a terrible risk/reward for the guy.

His quickness issues are not overstated.  Guy ran a 4.58 shuttle at his pro day.  By comparison, the top shuttle from a WR at the combine last year was 4.12.  For further comparison, Drew Sample ran it in 4.31.  He's bad by TE standards. His athletic measurements are downright brutal by NFL standards.  The only things he has going for him are size and great hands. Not being a great natural athlete, the odds are ridiculously bad that he can pull off what you're asking.  He will also see more balls as a #4/5 WR than as a #3/4 TE. Pretty much anything you can do with him as a move TE, we could already do with Uzomah.  Just seems like a lot of trouble to go through to force targets to a depth guy.  

I've stated my case, that's my story and i'm stickin to it.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Penei goes 2 overall, who do you pick? - rfaulk34 - 01-06-2021, 12:02 PM