Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penei goes 2 overall, who do you pick?
No player will improve this team more than a good RT. If you're looking at using the #5 pick to make this team, as a 53 man unit, better you have to negotiate that position. I don't care if you trade down and take Slater or Darrisaw. I don't care if you just reach for them at #5. You gotta come out of this draft with a starting tackle.

Now, if we're aggressive in free agency and fill that need, then the board opens up in my opinion. But even then, I struggle with the idea of a WR. We already have two high quality WRs on the roster and they both come due in 2023. Drafting a WR now means that, by the time we are entering that negotiation period with Higgins and Boyd, this WR will be costing between 8 and 10 million dollars for the following two seasons. That means we're likely letting either Boyd or Higgins walk, which would be a shame.

I come in and out of thinking those three seasons of having 3 elite WRs would be worth letting Boyd or Higgins walk in 2023...but at the moment I'm thinking you need to protect Burrow's knee at all costs and that means fixing the Oline in one off season. And that's going to cost free agency dollars and draft capital. And the best draft capital we've got is this #5 pick.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Penei goes 2 overall, who do you pick? - CJD - 01-06-2021, 01:06 PM