Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penei goes 2 overall, who do you pick?
(01-07-2021, 04:11 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Again,, you are really reaching at TE as you talk about history and performance at positions you want to ignore that picking a TE at #5 is high and most successful TEs can  be found even outside 1st round and or much later in 1st round.  You can get a very good TE on Day 2...  Finally TE just does not make sense 5 when you look at our offense and Burrow.  We are not going to restructure the offense around the TE and Burrow succeed well at LSU without top TE.  If anything go WR at #5 but really going Pitts is a unnecessary reach pick at 5

(01-07-2021, 05:35 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: S0 are most of TEs I listed.. how about Waller great example . We just dont need that pick at #5  I rather reach at tackle than TE.

Just because some of the better current players at a certain position went in later rounds doesn’t equate to reaching if you take that position much earlier. If there’s a consensus that a TE like Pitts is a 1st round talent, it’s not reaching. Stefon Diggs led the league in receiving yards this season and he was drafted in the 5th round. Does that mean you’re reaching if you go WR in the 1st because you can just get one as good in the 5th? Tyreek Hill was also 5th rounder, so that must be true right? You see the problem with that logic?

Reaching is taking a guy several rounds too early. Like a Drew Sample in the 2nd. Kyle Pitts in the 1st (even top 5) would absolutely not be a reach. In fact I’ve seen him mocked as high as 4th to the Cowboys when they still occupied that spot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Penei goes 2 overall, who do you pick? - Nicomo Cosca - 01-07-2021, 06:50 PM