Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couple Bengals on PFF FA rankings
(01-08-2021, 02:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: This sounds an awful lot like "they just need to get healthy and add 1 guy in FA on the OL to play LG"... which sounds an awful lot like the 2020 team just with one extra OL and a wish and a prayer.

That's not a plan, man. Or at least not a good one.

Also WJ3 missed only 2 games and one of those games was the Ravens game where they ran for over 400 yards, so I am not sure how his absence changed anything on defense.

I'm not sure how you think that not paying these guys sends a "dangerous message". They're still going to get paid in FA. It's not like Bengals players are suddenly going to loaf, because they still want to make theirs be it here or elsewhere. The message that it would send is "win or we'll find people who can win" by bringing in multiple top tier OL additions to protect Burrow and actually change the team dynamic rather than Year 6 of just holding as many of the same guys together as you can from the previous years and hoping that this will be the year your team gets a miracle and has 0 people get injured.

- - - - - -

Also, the idea that you'd choose Hart over Sewell or anyone else for 2021.... I don't even know where to start with that as far as words go so I will just put these here:

Where are you getting "one guy", when I said add a (significant) FA like Thuney or Sherff AND an early draft pick to play tackle?  They finally sat the horrible Mike Jordan, and might have found something in Spain.  That is a plan, and a good one.  

If you think adding Sherff, Spain, and Sewell or Faalele to our line from a year ago isn't a good plan, then I guess any efforts there will be lost on you.

WJIII also impacted the rushing attack because the Bengals held both safeties deep, so they would rather bleed to death by paper cuts than axe wounds. 

As far as the message it would send, it is pointless debating if you don't see that you take an idea guy, with no off the field troubles, in the top 10 of his position and aren't able to make a competitive offer as a problem.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Couple Bengals on PFF FA rankings - Au165 - 01-07-2021, 08:56 PM
RE: Couple Bengals on PFF FA rankings - SHRacerX - 01-09-2021, 12:28 AM
Couple Bengals on PFF FA rankings - ah5 - 01-09-2021, 02:37 PM