Poll: Will Compensation picks play a role in signing free agents this upcoming off season?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How will comp Picks effect free agency for the Bengals?
(01-09-2021, 02:19 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: I voted no, but I’ll admit I think it’s likely just ignorance on my part.  I chose no because I wouldn’t think that 2022 comp picks would dictate what we do now in 2021.  Am I crazy for thinking that?  I will completely admit, I’m not very familiar with comp picks as far as how they work.  I know we’ve had them in the past, and I’ve read countless posts that say we covet them (or that MB does), but other than that I’m pretty clueless.  Please advise!  Excited to learn!

I guess you never read Mike Brown's Model Model.

That said, I believe Model Model may have died. The team, if it doesn't re-sign Jackson and Lawson, can expect two 4th round picks, possibly a 3rd and 4th, in 2022 if Jackson and Lawson sign elsewhere.

The problem with Model Model is that team really didn't adequately replace the departing players before they departed, leaving new holes to fill. In addition, the team didn't always get as high a pick as it expected. Whitworth only brought a 5th rounder. Giving up an All-Pro LT for a 5th round pick a year later wasn't a win for the Bengals.

The team got a 3rd rounder for Zeitler. Unfortunately, those OL holes are still gaping wide open.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How will comp Picks effect free agency for the Bengals? - BengalChris - 01-11-2021, 12:44 AM