Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You can have all the O Line talent you want...
(01-25-2021, 07:03 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: But it won't matter. Sign Thuney, Scherff, and draft Sewell. It won't matter.

The Bengals will still get out schemed by the class of the NFL. Look at the Chiefs. Their offensive line is made up of cast offs and is put together with band aids and duct tape. Why are they so successful? Because their play designs and schemes are ridiculous. Andy Reid is ridiculous. He's an amazing head coach and offensive mind.

This isn't a ZT bashing thread...but his head coaching ability goes WAY further than wins and losses. His inability to scheme around the offensive line deficiencies is alarming. His lack of innovative and creative play calling is alarming. I need to see more from this guy next season when it comes to offensive schemes, designs, and play calling.

Fair enough, but keep in mind that they got to where they are today with an All-Pro at LT and they lost a very good G this past offseason.  You are right about Reid and his systems.  He had his OL coaches developing guys that were ready to be those "next men up", and knew their roles in the offensive system, before they ever hit the field of play.

Now in Zac Taylor's case with the Bengals, I think that they do need to bring in a couple of quality, proven players that can easily fit into what the Bengals offense wants to do, as well as keep Joe B. off of the injured reserve.  Remembering that the Bengals OL was actually pretty stout, just 6 years ago, we also have to remember that it didn't get into the condition it's currently in overnight.  Even with good coaching and an injection of talent, it's going to take a season or two to recreate a dominate unit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: You can have all the O Line talent you want... - SunsetBengal - 01-25-2021, 07:16 PM