Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRacerX Mock 10.0 2021: Skeptics draft, not much FA
(01-27-2021, 11:53 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The Bengals need an improved pass rush now, not wait and bank on Kareem to eventually become a good pass rusher.
He was a solid run defender and had flex position potential as 4-3 base DE and swing inside on passing downs, but he was not some prolific pass rusher in college either.

Look, I never said I wanted him off the roster. I just think the Bengals need to invest in better pass rushers.
For Kareem long term, I see a guy who could become a good run defender on early downs and may get around 3-5 sacks a year.
There's a role for him, but I'd be shocked to see him become some 8+ sack a year guy.

I hear ya, but I think he is a solid piece and showed me a lot as a rookie without preseason.  I want a guy like Nixon or Barmore to push the pocket and help the DEs.  I think the middle of the line was a much bigger issue than the outside.  I look at how Washington has built their defensive line.  It isn't all Chase Young, but he will get crazy stats thanks in part to the two studs in the middle of the defense.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: SHRacerX Mock 10.0 2021: Skeptics draft, not much FA - SHRacerX - 01-28-2021, 10:10 AM