Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRacerX Mock 11.0 2021, Moton only FA signed
(01-28-2021, 11:29 AM)ochocincos Wrote: It's unfortunate that the Bengals have so many needs and not a bunch of extra picks to help address them.
While I'd prefer a TE, I can understand why that wasn't added.
I'm assuming that with this mock, Atkins is kept? And Lawson is re-signed? While I like Rumph's potential, I don't think he's ready to be a starter yet. So hopefully he'd be a rotational guy with Lawson and Hubbard.
I ask about Atkins because I'd nervous about Togiai being a starter too potentially. I'd prefer someone with more proven pass rush, but you may not be able to get that in the 5th round. Togiai seems like he could be a good backup DT though who could eventually become a 3-down guy in a year or two.

I would cut Atkins (that hurts to say) and retain Lawson.  I think WJIII is gone.  The starter next to Reader at the beginning of the season could be Wren, Tupou, or even Hunt (I would like to see him back).  Rumph can line up all over and he has insane win %s.  He wouldn't be a starting linemen over Hubbard or Lawson, but would certainly come in on 2nd or 3rd and long when we kick Hubbard inside.  

Togiai proved a lot to me this year.  He has that drive that I want in a player.  

Based on what was available in Rds 2 and 3, the selection of CB and G just made a lot more sense than a DT.  Don't forget that Tupou was ascending and Hunt proved to be a nice addition down the stretch.  

Although I didn't include it, signing Soloman Thomas from SF for about 3 years and 16 million would make a TON of sense here and we could afford it in this scenario.  He is the odd man out there on the inside and he struggled outside.  Here, he could be that penetrating DT that could still hold up in the run game.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: SHRacerX Mock 11.0 2021, Moton only FA signed - SHRacerX - 01-28-2021, 11:44 AM