Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRacerX Mock 11.0 2021, Moton only FA signed
(01-28-2021, 11:56 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I like Solomon Thomas as a stopgap redemption project too, but if he gets $5+ mill a year from someone, I hope it isn't the Bengals. He has only had 6.0 sacks in 48 games. That type of production is not worth $5+ mill IMO. I would think (or hope) he can be signed for $3-4 mill a year.

Well, as I said earlier, he was a bit of a square peg being forced in to a round hole when they tried to play him outside.  It's funny because I remember scouting reports saying he was best as an inside penetrator, but lacked the speed to be an edge rusher.  The 49ers had a really strong defensive line and he simply didn't get the inside opportunities there.  I think he is the ultimate "buy low" stock, and while $5 million sounds like a lot to you and me, I think that is about what he is projected to receive.  It could be less, with the current situation on the cap.  

His advance stats in 2017, his rookie season and where he got the most starts and playing time, were pretty solid for a rookie playing end in a 3-4.  13 hurries, 11 QB hits, 1 sack, 34 solo tackles, 10 TFLs.  He simply didn't get as much playing time after that.

I really like him and think he would be a great fit here.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: SHRacerX Mock 11.0 2021, Moton only FA signed - SHRacerX - 01-29-2021, 09:56 AM