Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rebuild the Roster Offseason and Mock
(02-06-2021, 03:47 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Wasn't referring to Gio and Uzomah as young talent.  Lawson and WJ3 are those guys.

As for Gio, he stepped in and played well and plays great with blitz pickup.  I'm sorry but his small salary isn't worth cutting.  He's still productive and a consummate pro.

I apologize then for misinterpreting your post. When you said to keep the young talent and then mentioned Gio right after, I interpreted that as implying Gio was part of the young talent.

If the cap was $200+ mill and the Bengals could find a way to fill out the rest of their team while keeping Bernard, sure go ahead and keep him. But when the cap is expected to fall to $180-185 mill (per most recent reports) and the Bengals need actual starters, it seems silly to pay $4.75 mill to a backup RB. If they can negotiate him down to something like a $2 mill deal, that could be ok too. But even an extra $2-3 mill could be the difference from someone like a Bobby Hart vs a (way) better replacement in Daryl Williams.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rebuild the Roster Offseason and Mock - ochocincos - 02-08-2021, 11:27 AM