Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ima gonna get me a new table saw!
(02-18-2021, 05:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: To first:  That's a good trick.  I've never tried pushing a car with a rope..  LOL

On other:  You never built extension tables around your current saw?

I could have built them, but the rails the fence ride on are too short. After upgrading the fence a few years ago I wasn't dumping more money into a saw with no dust collection ability, a 25 years old motor and one that is hard as hell to change the blade angle on. Nope..time to move on. Now i could have bought a used saw for quite a bit less, but they too are heavy and I'm past the age of moving 500 pounds of steel and iron off the back of my truck.. I no longer have steel toed boots and ain't gonna get them just to move a used saw either.. I want a new saw delivered to my shop. I'll do all the setup. I've done all that before. 
I've leaned heavily toward Sawstop, but I still want a cabinet saw and the least expensive option they have is almost $3000. I can get a new Grizzly for $1750 with a 240 V motor, 52" rip capacity and the Grizzly name which is pretty well regarded as well, just without the SS technology.. I don't plan on chopping off the ends of any fingers again any time soon..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ima gonna get me a new table saw! - grampahol - 02-19-2021, 09:45 PM