Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is your Surprise Trade Candidate?
(02-21-2021, 09:22 PM)pulses Wrote: Mixon would bring a nice return and RB's are not hard to find.

I know it wouldn't happen anyway but that is the way I was looking at it. 

Mixon is getting paid way too much for this to happen, just saying that Gio played very well last year in his absence and to get 
paid as much as Mixon is he needs to stay healthy and contribute. Boyd stays healthy and contributes, very valuable player to us.

(02-21-2021, 09:31 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: If RBs are not hard to find why would a team give us a nice return for one who'll cost $30m+ over the next 3 years?

Well yeah, we overpaid Mixon but that doesn't mean he isn't a very good to great RB who still has great upside.

Was just saying that I don't want to trade Boyd at all.

(02-21-2021, 09:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The time to think about trades was a couple years ago. Now none of our older players are worth anything, and the younger guys need to be part of the core we build around.

True.

Sad, but true.

(02-21-2021, 10:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Here's the thing.  Burrow, Boyd, Higgins, Mixon, and Jonah are the only real building blocks that we have on the offensive side of the ball.  To trade Mixon at this point, would be as equally devastating to the team as trading away Tyler Boyd for magic beans (draft picks).  The quality level of the roster on this team is truly dire.  They have had so many 1st round busts in recent years, that even the front office has changed it's opinion about spending in free agency.

Yep. Gotta keep the young good proven players and replace the bad ones or coach them up. Simple as that.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who is your Surprise Trade Candidate? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-22-2021, 12:03 AM