Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asked To Present At A School- What Do I DO?
(02-25-2021, 12:02 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Brad, you're going to have to go with your heart on this one.  Presenting is what has become your life's mission, since the crash.  You went into that crash with youthful, reckless abandon.  Now, is your opportunity to take precaution, and speak to these young folks safely from across an auditorium or gymnasium, and teach them the values of having a little forethought.

This is my calling so I can’t let this stop me. Gotta try and make a difference while I still can.

(02-25-2021, 12:56 AM)jason Wrote: I'd say do it Brad. It sounds like you want to. It also sounds like you miss the basic ass human interaction that many people took for granted their entire lives. You'll be in a controlled setting (it's not really spreading in though environments), and you're partially vaccinated. I think it'll be alright. If you're not comfortable don't do it.
Yeah. I’m coming around to the idea, especially since they know and are fine with their being strict guidelines. This is my life and what gives it meaning so I gotta face the fear at some point.
(02-25-2021, 01:34 AM)Dill Wrote: I don't know how old you are. If you are under 50, the risk may be worth it, i.e., not a high lethal risk.

But I think you may be underestimating what you can do remotely. 

My wife has done some amazing things teaching her opera workshop on line. I'd thought that impossible last year.

A suggestion: if you can provide students with some information ahead of time, so they can mull it over and perhaps even 
discuss it some before you get to class, you mind find them primed for questions. 

Im only 36 but I also have a compromised immune system and damaged lungs.

I can show the presentation fine remotely but it’s answering the questions that’s difficult just because my Lightwriter (little computer that talks for me) is tough to hear over an iPad, much-less be heard clearly. I’ve presented virtually a few times and that’s been the problem.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Asked To Present At A School- What Do I DO? - BFritz21 - 02-25-2021, 01:49 AM