Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Thuney's sister likes my tweet of Joe joining the Bengals
(03-11-2021, 09:39 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I know the guy, and his family, and want him in stripes so badly......HOWEVER.....

I don't want to spend the $14 million per that is being rumored.  What team will pay him that right now?  Maybe he takes a two year deal and hopes to get a bigger bite of the apple next time?  My dream is he gets a 5 year deal worth something like 50 million with a higher guarantee.  It is security, it is excellent money for a guard, and it would be affordable for the team.  

But I think $14 million prohibits the signing or extension of another player and that is just too much...unless they think he would play RT.  And that would be a stretch, even though he played every line position in college.

It's a lot of money, and with the Bengals history, as soon as they sign he him will be injured in camp or in the first few games ala Reader. FWIW, Zeitler just became available and would be a lot cheaper (that said, I still want Thuney)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Thuney's sister likes my tweet of Joe joining the Bengals - Sled21 - 03-11-2021, 09:43 AM