Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals may lose out on Thuney; Thuney is intrigued by the Ravens
(03-14-2021, 05:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well you are wrong about Zeit than, he was one of the best pass blocking Guards in the league last year and has been for years.

He would help keeping our best, most important player's leg from getting ripped off, same as Joe would, but for cheaper.

Agree with your last sentence, have to take care of the O-line, this is the #1 priority this Offseason. Zeit and another O-lineman
would help in doing so. One player will not take care of the entire Offensive Line though. If we just get Thuney and no other help
in FA we have holes all over the place still. We need at least a couple pass rushers in FA and a couple O-lineman to free up the 
Draft in case Sewell is not there at 5 IMO.

Or we will be in a tight spot.

Looking up PFF grades, Joe Thuney is over all 74.2 & Zeitler is 65.9. Spain is mid 50s.

I am not saying Zeitler is a dumpster fire. I am saying that Joe Thuney is 3 years younger and as much a difference better than Zeitler as Zeitler is better than Spain.

I guess that's where I'm at. I want the Bengals to actually go for it. Like, shove the chips into the middle of the table and get a premium O line in front of Burrow for the next 3-4 years and give the team time to draft and develop. If a guy is 10 points better, then get THAT guy. No settling. Pay whatever it takes and get those guys in the building.

Hell, sign them both. What's it going to hurt? A defense that needs a massive infusion of talent? Not happening in one off-season. The offense can go from ok to ELITE in a snap.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals may lose out on Thuney; Thuney is intrigued by the Ravens - PDub80 - 03-14-2021, 06:37 PM