Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eli Apple to be surprise of the season?
He had some good plays Saturday. Granted I have never watched his tape, but he seems like he has the athleticism to play slot man.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2021, 09:13 PM)willieFANderson Wrote: He had some good plays Saturday. Granted I have never watched his tape, but he seems like he has the athleticism to play slot man.

Former first round draft pick.Was surprised to see he’s only 25 yrs. old.Seems like he’s been in the league longer.I’m glad the Bengals picked him up.Hope he can stay out of trouble.He’s a little older now,so maybe he’s grown up some.I think he’s a very skilled player.
Reply/Quote
I like the corners they picked up this offseason. Nice to have Waynes back too. Hopefully they can stay healthy this year and have enough depth.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2021, 09:36 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Former  first round draft pick.Was surprised to see he’s only 25 yrs. old.Seems like he’s been in the league longer.I’m glad the Bengals picked him up.Hope he can stay out of trouble.He’s a little older now,so maybe he’s grown up some.I think he’s a very skilled player.

He is, always has been.

Problem is he's never been able to maintain that high level. He takes plays off, looses focus, has to many distractions or however you want to put it. If he can ever maintain near the ability he has he would be a good corner. 
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2021, 09:45 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: He is, always has been.

Problem is he's never been able to maintain that high level. He takes plays off, looses focus, has to many distractions or however you want to put it. If he can ever maintain near the ability he has he would be a good corner. 

He may find his chemistry here with guys like Bates, Hilton and Bell leading the secondary. I hope so. I like how they are already holding everyone accountable for loafing. We have some talented guys in the secondary, they just have to put it together. 
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2021, 09:36 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Former  first round draft pick.Was surprised to see he’s only 25 yrs. old.Seems like he’s been in the league longer.I’m glad the Bengals picked him up.Hope he can stay out of trouble.He’s a little older now,so maybe he’s grown up some.I think he’s a very skilled player.

Well we're his 4th team in 6 seasons, probably plays a role in why it feels like he's been around for a while.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 01:11 AM)bengaloo Wrote: He may find his chemistry here with guys like Bates, Hilton and Bell leading the secondary. I hope so. I like how they are already holding everyone accountable for loafing. We have some talented guys in the secondary, they just have to put it together. 

I'm curious as I don't know much about Apple, but has he been counted on to start and lead at the last places he has been? I would expect at least his original team expected such things as a 1st round pick. You never know having a lot of talent, but not having the pressure to be the top guy and having other strong leaders in the locker room at the same position could be a boon for him.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 01:44 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I'm curious as I don't know much about Apple, but has he been counted on to start and lead at the last places he has been? I would expect at least his original team expected such things as a 1st round pick. You never know having a lot of talent, but not having the pressure to be the top guy and having other strong leaders in the locker room at the same position could be a boon for him.

pretty sure he was a Starter with the Giants and Saints...     2020 he didnt do much idk if hurt or just a backup
Reply/Quote
Oh man, this guy landed here?  Welp we will we what he does but he doesn't jive with that focused all-in narrative we've been flexing.

Perhaps this is one bad apple who shant spoil the bunch. Hardy Har Har.
Reply/Quote
We had to play LeShaun Sims, Jalen Davis, and Tony Brown 773 snaps at CB last year.

Apple may not be worth his first round selection, but I am sure he will be much better than any of those guys.
Reply/Quote
I really need Eli to beat out Awuize for a starting spot. So I can calls the defensive backfield:

Waynes
Eli
Bates
Bell
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2021, 09:45 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: He is, always has been.

All true. Sounds like Apple has played great everywhere in TC listening to Tony Pike and Rapien.

Maybe he gets his head on straight and finally the talent comes to fruition with Eli Apple.

(08-03-2021, 01:11 AM)bengaloo Wrote: He may find his chemistry here with guys like Bates, Hilton and Bell leading the secondary. I hope so. I like how they are already holding everyone accountable for loafing. We have some talented guys in the secondary, they just have to put it together. 

Our secondary sure has been giving our pass game problems. One thing Lou is good at is coaching a secondary and we have 
some really good talent back there that finally fits what he wants. Could be a great year for our secondary if our front 7 plays
decent, stops the run and gets after the passer.
Reply/Quote
I think he’s a perfect 4th CB.

He’ll be good in that role. Or at least he should be
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 10:07 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I think he’s a perfect 4th CB.

He’ll be good in that role. Or at least he should be

I’d probably still have Darius Phillips first off the bench, but I’m glad Apple has been impressive so far.

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 10:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d probably still have Darius Phillips first off the bench, but I’m glad Apple has been impressive so far.

Apple as the 5th cb is even better
Reply/Quote