Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stadium Renovation Update
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/2024/04/23/lease-negotiations-continue-between-hamilton-county-and-the-bengals/73330479007/

Looks like things are already a bit choppy between the county and the Bengals. The price tag for the renovations is going to be around 1 billion dollars (big yikes).

Looks like the county wants a deal DRASTICALLY different than last time and isn't willing to commit more than 1/3 to the price tag. They will also be asking the NFL for money (they gave other teams 100 million for their stadium upgrades).

Things are going to heat up quickly here soon.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 09:24 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/2024/04/23/lease-negotiations-continue-between-hamilton-county-and-the-bengals/73330479007/

Looks like things are already a bit choppy between the county and the Bengals. The price tag for the renovations is going to be around 1 billion dollars (big yikes).

Looks like the county wants a deal DRASTICALLY different than last time and isn't willing to commit more than 1/3 to the price tag. They will also be asking the NFL for money (they gave other teams 100 million for their stadium upgrades).

Things are going to heat up quickly here soon.

Typical negotiations.  But here's my question, with today's inflation dallas stadium would cost 1.65 billion.  If the cost is going to be 1 billion, then why not just build a new stadium?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I want the Bengals here and I hope they get the deal done, but Jesus what a bunch of welfare queens. I am part of the problem.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 10:13 AM)Okeana Wrote: Typical negotiations.  But here's my question, with today's inflation dallas stadium would cost 1.65 billion.  If the cost is going to be 1 billion, then why not just build a new stadium?

650 million reasons....
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 10:13 AM)Okeana Wrote: Typical negotiations.  But here's my question, with today's inflation dallas stadium would cost 1.65 billion.  If the cost is going to be 1 billion, then why not just build a new stadium?

Legit. question. And an estimated repair of 1 billion dollars usually means a lot more than that. Why put that kind of jack into repairs for a 20 plus year old, very bland, cold, unfriendly stadium when a new one might only have a 20% increase in cost over the repair cost.
Reply/Quote
Love that KC voted down a stadium tax.

Absolute bullshit tax payers have to pay anything for giant stadiums built for billionaires who pay millionaires to play a game.

wtf society ??
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 04:47 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Love that KC voted down a stadium tax.

Absolute bullshit tax payers have to pay anything for giant stadiums built for billionaires who pay millionaires to play a game.

wtf society ??

They’ve banked three Super Bowls in five years. Probably like, “I’m good”.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

Stadium is in a Prime location where would you put the new one?
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 04:47 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Love that KC voted down a stadium tax.

wtf society ??

True but having a Team in your City helps generate Revenue in your City....  And if cincy wont pay some place else will
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 08:32 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: True but having a Team in your City helps generate Revenue in your City....  And if cincy wont pay some place else will

Yeah, people always tend to forget about the return revenue of these stadium deals. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 08:49 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, people always tend to forget about the return revenue of these stadium deals. 

Yes, but the levy taxes are voted up or down by thousands and thousands of ordinary folks who won't see any ROI , who could give a rat's rear-end about football especially when it might cost them several hundred dollars per year and, I'd guess in their world, it looks absolutely terrible for multi-billionairs to not not only ask them to pay but, worse yet, when the billionaire owner threatens to move the team.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 12:00 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Yes, but the levy taxes are voted up or down by thousands and thousands of ordinary folks who won't see any ROI , who could give a rat's rear-end about football especially when it might cost them several hundred dollars per year and, I'd guess in their world, it looks absolutely terrible for multi-billionairs to not not only ask them to pay but, worse yet, when the billionaire owner threatens to move the team.
Has Mike threatened to move the team?
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 12:08 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Has Mike threatened to move the team?

I wasn't insinuating Mike would do this now, and I may be totally wrong here ,but I believe there was an assertions or, rather,  innuendos about him moving the team prior to the stadium being built 20 plus years ago.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 12:00 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Yes, but the levy taxes are voted up or down by thousands and thousands of ordinary folks who won't see any ROI , who could give a rat's rear-end about football especially when it might cost them several hundred dollars per year and, I'd guess in their world, it looks absolutely terrible for multi-billionairs to not not only ask them to pay but, worse yet, when the billionaire owner threatens to move the team.

Those thousands and thousands may not own the restaurants, hotels, parking lots and everything else involved in events, but they do benefit from the taxes that are included on all that. I'm not arguing it either way, I'm just pointing out people complain about funding a stadium mostly because they don't look at the return. Personally, If I still lived there and got to vote, I would vote to build a new one but mandate it be a dome. Not because I like football in a dome, but because it could be then used for more events to bring in more income.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 12:47 PM)higgy100 Wrote: I wasn't insinuating Mike would do this now, and I may be totally wrong here ,but I believe there was an assertions or, rather,  innuendos about him moving the team prior to the stadium being built 20 plus years ago.

I was trying to remember if he had threatened to move if he didn't get a stadium. To long ago for me
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 08:32 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: True but having a Team in your City helps generate Revenue in your City....  And if cincy wont pay some place else will

Governments do not generate ship. They leach. Nothing more. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 01:53 PM)TCUBengal34 Wrote: Governments do not generate ship. They leach. Nothing more. 

I would have to agree. Our debt is accelerating fast.

If our government was a business it would have gone bankrupt many times over. Spending is out of control.

They should be spending on critical infrastructure, not funding wars and stadiums.
Reply/Quote

That would go down great especially among the locals who don't care about football. Tear it down and build a new one..It's only a billion dollars.   Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Stadiums are a funny thing, they cost billions of dollars to build but last about as long as a Dodge Neon.
Reply/Quote

Because it would cost a lot more than a simple inflation calculation, along with requiring a lot more time. You'd probably be nearing $3bil by the time you put shovels in the ground.

The Titans new digs will be in the 2-2.5bil range.

Here in Madrid, they just dropped 1.5bil on a reno... but we get an nfl game in 2025.. so a+!
Reply/Quote