Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It's been awhile...
...since the Bengals were praised over free agency moves, but CBS listed the Bengals as one of their winners of Day 2 of free agency/tampering period. They pointed out the Bengals finishing rock bottom in rush yards allowed as a reason Reader was a perfect addition. They also approved of the Waynes signing.

The Jaguars were listed as losers, partially due to overpaying Schobert, in the author's view.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-free-agency-2020-winners-and-losers-from-day-2-of-the-legal-tampering-period/
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Feels good to see us get a little love. Especially after all the doom and gloom around here earlier today.

Surprised they don’t have Miami as one of the big winners though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I know we don't get to say this much, but damn it's a great day to be a Bengals fan!
Reply/Quote
If they can add a LB and a guard things look promising.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I know they're in love with Bobby Hart but Id like them to take a look at Daryl Williams.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It's still only in the legal tampering period of free agency and we have already added two impact starters to our D with external free agents. Big stuff.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 02:59 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: It's still only in the legal tampering period of free agency and we have already added two impact starters to our D with external free agents. Big stuff.

Everyone keeps talking about adding OG and LB for good reason. But, I'd love to know what the going rate for the best remaining TE, Eric Ebron, would be. I'd love to add him and then draft TE Moss in the 3rd/4th Round to give Burrow more targets.

Ebron is a very good Red zone threat, one of the Bengals biggest problems last year.

I think a TE room of Ebron, Moss, Uzomah, and Sample would be pretty daggone good!
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 03:45 AM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Everyone keeps talking about adding OG and LB for good reason. But, I'd love to know what the going rate for the best remaining TE, Eric Ebron, would be. I'd love to add him and then draft TE Moss in the 3rd/4th Round to give Burrow more targets.

Ebron is a very good Red zone threat, one of the Bengals biggest problems last year.

I think a TE room of Ebron, Moss, Uzomah, and Sample would be pretty daggone good!

Eifert is pretty damn good in the red zone too.  Haven't heard a word about anyone looking at him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 03:51 AM)McC Wrote: Eifert is pretty damn good in the red zone too.  Haven't heard a word about anyone looking at him.

Which is surprising considering Jimmy Graham just got a 2 year deal for 16 from the Bears. His stats were almost identical to Eifert’s from last season:

Eifert 43 rec 436 yds 3 TD

Graham 38 rec 447 yds 3 TD

Seems like you could get Eifert A LOT cheaper than that...

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 04:05 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Which is surprising considering Jimmy Graham just got a 2 year deal for 16 from the Bears. His stats were almost identical to Eifert’s from last season:

Eifert 43 rec 436 yds 3 TD

Graham 38 rec 447 yds 3 TD

Seems like you could get Eifert A LOT cheaper than that...

You know, I don't get the Graham thing.  Seems like his glory day in NOLA are pretty far behind him now, yet he keeps getting signed.  He also keeps not getting brought back, which has to mean something.

I kinda thought the Pats might take a look at Eifert.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 02:59 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: It's still only in the legal tampering period of free agency and we have already added two impact starters to our D with external free agents. Big stuff.

You're absolutely right; this is big stuff!  Usually Cincinnati treads lightly through the legal tampering period and only acts if necessary during actual free agency.  This feels different.  Fast, out of the gate moves are not a hallmark of the Mike Brown Bengals but maybe, just maybe, Zac Taylor and Lou Anarumo made their voices heard over the winter.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 02:44 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I know they're in love with Bobby Hart but Id like them to take a look at Daryl Williams.

Bobby Hart gave up less pressures in over 1000 snaps last year, than Williams did in UNDER 700 snaps.

Not sitting out the year for his (repeatedly torn) CL injuries has completely ****** up his career.

(03-18-2020, 03:45 AM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Everyone keeps talking about adding OG and LB for good reason. But, I'd love to know what the going rate for the best remaining TE, Eric Ebron, would be. I'd love to add him and then draft TE Moss in the 3rd/4th Round to give Burrow more targets.

Rather have Eifert than Ebron.

Not to mention one is a team player, the other is a malcontent to death.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
......Zac Taylor, sitting at home in his sock feet, reading this board and looking at all the posters who called him a failure after his 1st season and saying "Who's your Daddy now?"
Reply/Quote
I like the approach they are taking. Going right at the run defense with real upgrades. That is how to compete in the AFCN. Neither Jackson or Kirkpatrick are very good in run support. Now we finally have a CB who is. This could prove to be a big difference on the field. Also Waynes best stats are on 3rd down, which is another one of our weakest areas on D. We all wanted LB, but honestly the bigger contracts are better served at DT and CB. They pretty much stuck with the old proven formula and I like it. No matter how bad I want a LB and we need one, I'm glad they didnt panic into overpaying for one now. That money is better invested in the middle of your DL. Reader is a better overall player than Schobert. Glad they went after Joe, but it was smart not to match Jacksonville and put that money in Reader.

Was totally shocked by the whole thing btw. When Schobert signed I was like, daaaaaaaaaaang we are screwed, and then pow. Wth did they put in Mike Browns coffee lol.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 09:14 AM)Sled21 Wrote: ......Zac Taylor, sitting at home in his sock feet, reading this board and looking at all the posters who called him a failure after his 1st season and saying "Who's your Daddy now?"

I'm such a loser even a HC who has a career record of 2-14 and holds the franchise record for longest losing streak and worst start at 0-11 owns my ass.  Ouch. 
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I'm still in disbelief. Waynes isn't a perfect addition, but he's good enough. Dre Kirkpatrick will be gone, which is fine. Dennard I'll actually miss.

Reader was a fantastic get. Add a semi-passable LB and get something for Dalton and this has been a winner of a FA period. I started laughing while I was typing that.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 09:50 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm such a loser even a HC who has a career record of 2-14 and holds the franchise record for longest losing streak and worst start at 0-11 owns my ass.  Ouch. 

Humor, Nate, humor..... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Hopefully it'll calm down a few people.
Reply/Quote
I also like the free agent approach to signing Defensive players.

Now, for the draft let's get Burrow while also drafting players who can protect him. Burrow, OL, TE, and hell, get a fullback if needed!
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 09:14 AM)Sled21 Wrote: ......Zac Taylor, sitting at home in his sock feet, reading this board and looking at all the posters who called him a failure after his 1st season and saying "Who's your Daddy now?"

Slow your roll. He’s still only won 2 games.

Player acquisitions is Tobin anyway.

Reply/Quote