Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals NFL money
The Packers, as a publically owned team, must release their finances. They have reported $402,000,000 in revenue-sharing money from the NFL. You can assume the Bengals and all other NFL teams receive similar amounts.

This does not include local ticket money, licensing deals, pre-season rights, stadium fees, etc which are team-specific

The player salary cap for 2024 is $255 mllion

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
That's a lot of dough.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My season tix in the lower part of the upper level are $1500 apiece. Rough math if all the seats cost that much 1500x70,000= $105,000,000 more.

Wow they make a lot of money.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2024, 10:42 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: My season tix in the lower part of the upper level are $1500 apiece. Rough math if all the seats cost that much 1500x70,000= $105,000,000 more.

But they don't, upper levels are probably the cheapest season tickets in the NFL still
Reply/Quote
The NFL owners certainly do make a lot of money but there is much more expenses than the salary cap.

Yet still they bank a lot of cabbage.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2024, 10:42 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: My season tix in the lower part of the upper level are $1500 apiece. Rough math if all the seats cost that much 1500x70,000= $105,000,000 more.

Two tickets for the Ravens game alone in section 106 have cost me near enough 1000 dollars so you can throw that right out the window.

I’m genuinely considering buying a pair of season tickets and selling them game by game and the keeping the ones for games when we fly over.

They make a fortune off fans the Brown family have to be worth way more than the billion estimated.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2024, 06:12 AM)Go Cards Wrote: The NFL owners certainly do make a lot of money but there is much more expenses than the salary cap.

Yet still they bank a lot of cabbage.

yeah, but the cap is the only known part of the equation on the expense side.  Obviously, there are many many millions of expenses in addition to the cap

Reply/Quote
(07-16-2024, 10:42 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: My season tix in the lower part of the upper level are $1500 apiece. Rough math if all the seats cost that much 1500x70,000= $105,000,000 more.

$1500? So basically $150ea. When I had my season tickets in the upper deck they were $680 per year. That was in 2008. I get that it's 16 years later but to more than double seems extreme.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2024, 04:50 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: But they don't, upper levels are probably the cheapest season tickets in the NFL still

According to a report from Sept 2023, the average price for cheapest tickets for the lowest 10 NFL teams:

Texans - $49
Falcons - $54
Cards - $59
Titans - $60
Bucs - $62
Saints - $65
Jags - $68
Browns - $71
Colts - $74
Panthers - $75

Bengals actually came in at $131, which was 10th most expensive.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2023/09/06/nfl-ticket-prices-2023-cheapest-most-expensive-prices/70722888007/

Things might have changed going into this season, but that's what it was at the start of last season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
And there were people seriously wondering if we could afford to pay Joe Burrow, Higgins, Chase. Yes, they can.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2024, 08:41 AM)pally Wrote: yeah, but the cap is the only known part of the equation on the expense side.  Obviously, there are many many millions of expenses in addition to the cap

We actually can look to the Packers for an idea. Packers books are public to an extent and we know they are working at roughly a 10% profit margin, 12% last year) before their own personal investments take hold. Now their expenses can be different, and their local revenue can also be different, but I think this gives us a general idea of where a smaller market team COULD be.

I would guess the Bengals are probably netting out somewhere around $50 Million a year give or take $10 Million based on their own team investments. 
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2024, 07:05 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Two tickets for the Ravens game alone in section 106 have cost me near enough 1000 dollars so you can throw that right out the window.

I’m genuinely considering buying a pair of season tickets and selling them game by game and the keeping the ones for games when we fly over.

They make a fortune off fans the Brown family have to be worth way more than the billion estimated.

I would think so.

Quote:Values of NFL teams in 2024

Here's a list of the complete ranking from first to 32nd:
  1. Dallas Cowboys, $9 billion
  2. New England Patriots, $7 billion
  3. Los Angeles Rams, $6.9 billion
  4. New York Giants, $6.8 billion
  5. Chicago Bears, $6.3 billion
  6. Las Vegas Raiders, $6.2 billion
  7. New York Jets, $6.1 billion
  8. Washington Commanders, $6.05 billion
  9. San Francisco 49ers, $6 billion
  10. Philadelphia Eagles, $5.8 billion
  11. Miami Dolphins, $5.7 billion
  12. Houston Texans, $5.5 billion
  13. Denver Broncos, $5.1 billion
  14. Seattle Seahawks, $5 billion
  15. Atlanta Falcons, $4.7 billion
  16. Minnesota Vikings, $4.65 billion
  17. Baltimore Ravens, $4.63 billion
  18. Pittsburgh Steelers, $4.63 billion
  19. Cleveland Browns, $4.62 billion
  20. Green Bay Packers, $4.6 billion
  21. Tennessee Titans, $4.4 billion
  22. Indianapolis Colts, $4.35 billion
  23. Kansas City Chiefs, $4.3 billion
  24. Tampa Bay Buccaneers, $4.2 billion
  25. Los Angeles Chargers, $4.15 billion
  26. Carolina Panthers, $4.1 billion
  27. New Orleans Saints, $4.08 billion
  28. Jacksonville Jaguars, $4 billion
  29. Arizona Cardinals, $3.8 billion
  30. Buffalo Bills, $3.7 billion
  31. Detroit Lions, $3.6 billion
  32. Cincinnati Bengals, $3.5 billion

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Ok, so this is all money in. Now someone do a money-out comparison. Stadium upkeep and renovations, insurance, taxes, player and coach salaries, plus salaries for medical and training personnel, scouts, analysts, security, regular employee salaries and benefits for all those employees, advertising, and who knows what else is on that ledger. They're making money no doubt or they would fold, but it would be interesting to see the books and how they balance to get a real idea of profit.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2024, 12:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I would think so.

don't forget though that team value is not liquid cash.  

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2024, 09:36 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Ok, so this is all money in. Now someone do a money-out comparison. Stadium upkeep and renovations, insurance, taxes, player and coach salaries, plus salaries for medical and training personnel, scouts, analysts, security, regular employee salaries and benefits for all those employees, advertising, and who knows what else is on that ledger. They're making money no doubt or they would fold, but it would be interesting to see the books and how they balance to get a real idea of profit.

I honestly bet they are operating on a pretty slim profit margin. Don't forget they made a ton of money renaming the stadium as well - they don't do that unless they really needed the cash. 

I think a lot of things are hitting them all at once. Needing new field turf, practice facility, stadium renovations, huge Burrow deal, etc. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2024, 10:55 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I honestly bet they are operating on a pretty slim profit margin. Don't forget they made a ton of money renaming the stadium as well - they don't do that unless they really needed the cash. 

I think a lot of things are hitting them all at once. Needing new field turf, practice facility, stadium renovations, huge Burrow deal, etc. 

and they will have to come up with their share of the Sunday Ticket verdict too depending on how the NFL distributes it

Reply/Quote
NFL economics are relatively simple. The rev share is approx $150MM higher than the salary cap. Coaching staffs vary, but assume $30-$40mm for that still at $100mm.

Then throw in another couple hundred million for tickets, concessions, merchandising, etc.

There is PLENTY of cash to go around. Most NFL teams don't have more than 100 employees (not counting the players and coaching staffs listed above).

The advantage that the really rich owners have is in drawing Free Agents and coaches. A non cash strapped owner can pay higher signing bonuses and pay a lot more for coaches.

Otherwise, it's a very level playing field. Hence why it's such a good product.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2024, 09:36 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Ok, so this is all money in. Now someone do a money-out comparison. Stadium upkeep and renovations, insurance, taxes, player and coach salaries, plus salaries for medical and training personnel, scouts, analysts, security, regular employee salaries and benefits for all those employees, advertising, and who knows what else is on that ledger. They're making money no doubt or they would fold, but it would be interesting to see the books and how they balance to get a real idea of profit.

A lot of people don't realize that NFL teams really are more like mom and pop organizations and not massive companies. 

Sure there are loads of expenses, but if I had to guess most teams are operating at 15-20% net profit margin (I was privy to the Texans financials back in the mid 2010's). Considering that players salary is their largest line item expense and you're playing with 44% margin right off the bat. 

The variable is the ticket sales and merchandise and obviously the big brand teams do better. But they are the ones who end up paying more for coaches and have the better facilities (typically), which newsflash. The players don't care about locker room chairs. 
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2024, 01:07 PM)TCUBengal34 Wrote: A lot of people don't realize that NFL teams really are more like mom and pop organizations and not massive companies. 

Sure there are loads of expenses, but if I had to guess most teams are operating at 15-20% net profit margin (I was privy to the Texans financials back in the mid 2010's). Considering that players salary is their largest line item expense and you're playing with 44% margin right off the bat. 

The variable is the ticket sales and merchandise and obviously the big brand teams do better. But they are the ones who end up paying more for coaches and have the better facilities (typically), which newsflash. The players don't care about locker room chairs. 

yes they do

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2024, 07:05 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Two tickets for the Ravens game alone in section 106 have cost me near enough 1000 dollars so you can throw that right out the window.

When I added two season tickets this year they had a message saying something to the effect of "if we catch you buying these tickets just to resell them we will take your season ticket privilege." No idea how many games you would have to not personally attend to piss them off. The way the tickets are controlled they know if you sell them.
Reply/Quote