Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Has a Tee Higgins jump ball ever been picked off?
Me and my dad were talking and he said we should throw more 50/50s to Tee cause he’s never dropped one he got his hands on. That got me thinking has a Tee jump all ever been picked off by a defender?

I don’t remember him being out jumped or him tipping one up that later gets picked

That’d be crazy if it’s true
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Was your dad in a coma last year?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Tee is not nearly as good at contested catches as people make him out to be.

2023 - 40%
2022 - 52%
2021 - 25%
2020 - 35.7%

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/tee-higgins/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Good observation. Keep forgetting he's one of the top hoopers in the NFL. Natural instinct for jump balls and can high point them as well as anyone. Which reminds me, he was legit eyeing the NBA at one point. His mixtape was gold. Gotta check that out again.
Reply/Quote
The one that instantly comes to mind is the AFCCG would have been a difficult catch. But if he makes it he either scores or we are deep in the red zone with about 5 minutes to go.

God we blew some opportunities in that game even with the refs helping the cheating bastards.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2024, 09:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tee is not nearly as good at contested catches as people make him out to be.

2023 - 40%
2022 - 52%
2021 - 25%
2020 - 35.7%

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/tee-higgins/

What’s the league average?

To me if you catch 52% of contested balls that’s good

Also what’s the criteria for contested?
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2024, 07:51 PM)Housh Wrote: What’s the league average?

To me if you catch 52% of contested balls that’s good

Also what’s the criteria for contested?

It's one of those kind of abstract stats. For instance PFF had his contested catch percentage at 58.6% in 2022 (Good for 4th in the league). NFL had it at 52% because the deciding what was contested I sure is not an exact science.
Reply/Quote