Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Erick All cleared to practice
10 months after suffering an ACL tear, TE Erick All has been cleared to practice

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
I think we're going to have to go w/ Erick or EA to avoid confusion
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2024, 04:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think we're going to have to go w/ Erick or EA to avoid confusion

Seconded

Saw the thread title and my thought was... WHO is "all cleared to practice"?

[Image: andrew-whitworth-with-a-nice-block-on-aj...-catch.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2024, 04:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think we're going to have to go w/ Erick or EA to avoid confusion

Good call, that's a lot better than "All to the IR"
Reply/Quote
There's officially a TE roster spot battle.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2024, 04:50 PM)Synric Wrote: There's officially a TE roster spot battle.

I actually thought they’d stash him so this is interesting. He must be fully healthy if they are activating him this early knowing they have a bit of a log game there. It would seem Hudson has an uphill battle but we will see.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2024, 04:50 PM)Synric Wrote: There's officially a TE roster spot battle.

Count Sample as FB and problem solved?

I wouldn't be surprised if we went heavy since we are breaking in two rookies.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2024, 05:04 PM)Au165 Wrote: I actually thought they’d stash him so this is interesting. He must be fully healthy if they are activating him this early knowing they have a bit of a log game there. It would seem Hudson has an uphill battle but we will see.

Yeah, I was surprised seeing Erick already cleared to practice. Thought he would be on IR to start the season and would be ready to play 
maybe later in the year. This is good news. Hudson is my last TE on the outside looking in unless we list Drew Sample as a FB in order
to keep Hudson around. Gesicki, Sample, McLachlan, All and Hudson is just too many TE's to keep.

Nice problem to have for once as TE has been one of the Bengals weakest positions for years.
Reply/Quote
Shocked All is ready to practice. That is a pleasant surprise. Our WR and TE groups appear to be freaking loaded.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2024, 06:28 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Shocked All is ready to practice. That is a pleasant surprise. Our WR and TE groups appear to be freaking loaded.

No doubt. Completely different looking TE core this year, wild. All could be our most complete TE on the team, he can block and catch
unlike Sample who is more of just a blocker and Gesicki and Hudson are more of just pass catchers. I heard McLachlan can also block 
well so we might actually have 2 TE's that are versatile with All and McLachlan. Sure makes me like the All pick much more now that he 
is ready to practice already.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2024, 05:04 PM)Au165 Wrote: I actually thought they’d stash him so this is interesting. He must be fully healthy if they are activating him this early knowing they have a bit of a log game there. It would seem Hudson has an uphill battle but we will see.

Same. Healthy and in shape-ish. 

In truth All may be the only true hand in the dirt h-back on the roster so they probabaly really want him to replace Wilcox snaps in the offense.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I thought they’d stash him on pup and see where he was at mid season. 3 rbs may be the answer to getting 5 TE’s on the 53. That sounds like a lot of TE’s tho so maybe Hudson is in trouble.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2024, 07:38 PM)jj22 Wrote: I thought they’d stash him on pup and see where he was at mid season. 3 rbs may be the answer to getting 5 TE’s on the 53. That sounds like a lot of TE’s tho so maybe Hudson is in trouble.

The "experts" are saying Teams may keep more TE/RB types at the cost of WRs/DBs because of the new kickoff rules. Hell I read where they were toying w/ putting Jackson Carman on the coverage team. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Yeah but, is Erick All That and More?

Groans are music to my ears, in cases yall haven’t figured it out yet…
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2024, 08:32 PM)SladeX Wrote: Yeah but, is Erick All That and More?

Groans are music to my ears, in cases yall haven’t figured it out yet…

Reply/Quote

After what Hudson put on tape last year, All is going to have show something in preseason to make team or will go to PS.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2024, 12:43 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: After what Hudson put on tape last year, All is going to have show something in preseason to make team or will go to PS.

Zero chance. Mclaughlin might, but they aren't putting a 4th rounder on PS to be claimed by someone else.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2024, 09:31 AM)Au165 Wrote: Zero chance. Mclaughlin might, but they aren't putting a 4th rounder on PS to be claimed by someone else.

Going to be an interesting roster drama this year. More so than forever. Who’s our roster guru on here? Sample, Gesicki, All, and Hudson all seem to be locks. Must mean we will see a lot of Sample and Gesicki on the field together. If we keep 4 TE’s where’s the position purge? The DL seems to be a logjam as well. The WR room is a logjam. This roster infinitely better than when Taylor took over.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2024, 11:25 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Going to be an interesting roster drama this year. More so than forever. Who’s our roster guru on here? Sample, Gesicki, All, and Hudson all seem to be locks. Must mean we will see a lot of Sample and Gesicki on the field together. If we keep 4 TE’s where’s the position purge? The DL seems to be a logjam as well. The WR room is a logjam. This roster infinitely better than when Taylor took over.

I see if they decide to keep only 4 for TE/FB the odd man out being traded versus being cut.
I am so ready for 2024 season. I love pro football and hoping for a great Bengals year. Regardless, always remember it is a game and entertainment. 
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2024, 09:31 AM)Au165 Wrote: Zero chance. Mclaughlin might, but they aren't putting a 4th rounder on PS to be claimed by someone else.

You don't just gift a roster spit to a 4th either, Hudson performed well once he got playing time, All is no lock, he will have to show it on the field still, sure be drafted late 4th he will get extra chance but we will see. I actually see him carrying 4 TE, one less RB or WR
Reply/Quote