Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orlando Brown better be careful
If we are learning anything from the Ravens-Chiefs game, it is that they are paying close attention to where the LT is lining up. I don't remember it being a big problem with him last year but all the LTs got into the habit of cheating a bit. Now it looks like that little bit is being called

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
Nothing to worry about. Brown was not cheating it. This happened last season also with Jawaan Taylor.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Thankfully our biggest worry about doing this now plays RT in Arizona.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2024, 11:13 PM)Joelist Wrote: Nothing to worry about. Brown was not cheating it. This happened last season also with Jawaan Taylor.

Taylor is terrible...yikes
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2024, 10:56 PM)pally Wrote: If we are learning anything from the Ravens-Chiefs game, it is that they are paying close attention to where the LT is lining up.  I don't remember it being a big problem with him last year but all the LTs got into the habit of cheating a bit.  Now it looks like that little bit is being called

Was it Cleveland last year that the tackles looked like they were in the backfield?  Glad they are calling this.
Reply/Quote
It also appears that all the hubbub about the new kickoff is moot. Teams are still just kicking it out of the endzone
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2024, 11:13 PM)Joelist Wrote: Nothing to worry about. Brown was not cheating it. This happened last season also with Jawaan Taylor.

Ronnie Staley has also had multiple calls tonite

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
Thread title scared the shit out of me.

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2024, 11:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It also appears that all the hubbub about the new kickoff is moot. Teams are still just kicking it out of the endzone

Looks like teams are just opting to not risk injury over anything else.

Or maybe it's a revolt to go back to the old rules.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2024, 10:56 PM)pally Wrote: If we are learning anything from the Ravens-Chiefs game, it is that they are paying close attention to where the LT is lining up.  I don't remember it being a big problem with him last year but all the LTs got into the habit of cheating a bit.  Now it looks like that little bit is being called

It looked to me like they stopped calling it after the first drive for the most part. Taylor was back much farther than Stanley most of the time and they didn't say anything..
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

The officials likely took all of the backlash from Juwaan Taylor not getting called for illegal formation last season as motivation to make it a point of emphasis this year, which is fine, so long as they call it evenly for both teams in all games. The rules clearly state that seven offensive players must be on the line of scrimmage at the snap, however for as long as I can remember the rest of the offensive line has always lined up slightly behind the center. I couldn't find anything to define what is an allowable "cheat" zone, but I do seem to remember broadcasters saying something about the rule of thumb is that the Tackles shoulder pads need to be at least even with the Center's hip.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2024, 12:05 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Thread title scared the shit out of me.

Right on! I had the same reaction before reading the post.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2024, 11:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It also appears that all the hubbub about the new kickoff is moot. Teams are still just kicking it out of the endzone
I was thinking, so much for getting the returns back into the game.... They both were content letting drives start at the 30.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2024, 08:32 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The officials likely took all of the backlash from Juwaan Taylor not getting called for illegal formation last season as motivation to make it a point of emphasis this year, which is fine, so long as they call it evenly for both teams in all games. The rules clearly state that seven offensive players must be on the line of scrimmage at the snap, however for as long as I can remember the rest of the offensive line has always lined up slightly behind the center. I couldn't find anything to define what is an allowable "cheat" zone, but I do seem to remember broadcasters saying something about the rule of thumb is that the Tackles shoulder pads need to be at least even with the Center's hip.
Reply/Quote
I was never OL, but i seem to remember the guards lining up with their toes about the middle of the center's feet and the tackles line up in line with the guards.?
It's been awhile!! lol
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2024, 10:16 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Right on! I had the same reaction before reading the post.

pally always threatening our players unintentionally Sad
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2024, 11:17 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I was thinking, so much for getting the returns back into the game.... They both were content letting drives start at the 30.

They need to make touchbacks more punitive.  Let drives start at the 40 and touchbacks go away forever.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2024, 11:39 AM)Tomkat Wrote: They need to make touchbacks more punitive.  Let drives start at the 40 and touchbacks go away forever.

Naw, they need to go back to how it used to be and just leave the KOs as regular and TBs to 25.

This XFL business has been stupid from the start: yeah it's nice to have a wrinkle thrown in here or there, but watching college for a week and seeing the normal KOs be returned or TB'd, it was much more engaging.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2024, 11:58 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Naw, they need to go back to how it used to be and just leave the KOs as regular and TBs to 25.

This XFL business has been stupid from the start: yeah it's nice to have a wrinkle thrown in here or there, but watching college for a week and seeing the normal KOs be returned or TB'd, it was much more engaging
Touchbacks used to go out to the 20 at one time. I am not sure if they kicked off from 30 also?
Reply/Quote

This thread title scared me Pally. Don't do that lol

It was an ugly game on both sides of the ball for O-line. Jawaan Taylor didn't even get called for one false start too. Lamar and Mahomes 
both looked good though besides a couple of mistakes and both teams should be tough as the season rolls on. Still, as long as we can start
out well against the Patriots on Sunday I like our chances to go in and steal a win from the Chiefs in a couple weeks.

As many of mistakes as the Ravens made on Offense they were still right in it. Could not believe it came down to a toe.
Reply/Quote