Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ryan Rehkow
Let’s hear it for the Bengals’ punter! Ryan Rehkow has all the touch of a lovesick orangutan but he can boom it! When was the last time the Bengals made an opposing punt returner backpedal at top speed?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The punter job is his now. Robbin’s isn’t capable of doing what he did today
Reply/Quote
And we used a draft pick on Robbins.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
He has a strong leg for sure but placement is critical too. He the holder for Evan as well?
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 06:02 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: He has a strong leg for sure but placement is critical too. He the holder for Evan as well?

F*ck placement .... its fun having an absolute cannon at punter for the first time in forever!!

Besides the way our offense played today we're gonna be punting a lot from inside our 30 so no place for finesse   Wink 
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 06:15 PM)sonofstat Wrote: F*ck placement .... its fun having an absolute cannon at punter for the first time in forever!!

Besides the way our offense played today we're gonna be punting a lot from inside our 30 so no place for finesse   Wink 

Well some posters here said we won't be punting much with all our weapons (that jam or misfire) or was that last year? I don't remember but a cannon leg is nice but not punting into the stands is nice too.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 06:02 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: He has a strong leg for sure but placement is critical too.

Robbins didn't excel in that area either so I'd rather they stick with Rehkow.
Reply/Quote
I would say the job is hands down his going forward, but who knows with this team.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Basically the only bright spot.
Reply/Quote
Not only did he set a Bengals record with that 80 yard bomb, he broke the NFL for the highest average yards with 64.5

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
Rehkow looked great today, much better than he did in preseason. I thought for sure he would be the punter cut until Robbins had his injury. Its nice to have a punter that can flip the field even if it comes with not having as much touch on punts as other punters
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 07:26 PM)pally Wrote: Not only did he set a Bengals record with that 80 yard bomb, he broke the NFL for the highest average yards with 64.5

He was terrific. And imagine if that 80-yard bomb had gone out inside the 1 instead of just crossing the goal line before going out.
Reply/Quote
Came inches from one of the greatest punts ever.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Yep, 99 problems but a punter ain't one.
Reply/Quote
Field position? Pfff.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 05:20 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: The punter job is his now. Robbin’s isn’t capable of doing what he did today

I'm not confident Robbins can punt it even half as far as Rehk  Ninja

New saying - Get Rehk'd? Cool
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 10:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: New saying - Get Rehk'd? Cool

You should patent that immediately.

Or is it a trademark.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 10:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm not confident Robbins can punt it even half as far as Rehk  Ninja

New saying - Get Rehk'd? Cool

RFaulk owns nicknames, but you can call dibs on sayings.  
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 10:23 PM)XsandOs Wrote: You should patent that immediately.

Or is it a trademark.

TM lol
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Net 11.7 yards more than Robbins did last year.

Can you imagine how much worse the score would have been if Robbins was our punter for the game? We punted from our own 43, 20, 32, and 15.... yet the Patriots got the ball at their 20, 20, 17, and 30.

Refreshing to not see the opposing team get the ball at their 47 after a 30 yard punt.

[Image: andrew-whitworth-with-a-nice-block-on-aj...-catch.gif]
Reply/Quote