Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notes From The Game
I thought the defense looked shitty.

The offensive line, aside from a few plays, I thought pass blocked pretty well.

Sad that we didn't see any(?) deep balls to Chase.

If Hudson doesn't fumble that ball, we score and it's an entirely different game. Mental mistakes that we can't have.

I'm so mad right now that I'm fuming and can't think straight, but what were your notes from the game?
Reply/Quote
We lost to a CFL team. End thread.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Rankins is shit and was somehow the worst player on the d-line.

Yes we took away the explosive plays but the run defence is still a disgrace.

Burrow looked scared first game back in 10 months if he’s the same next week it’s time to panic.

Yoshi and Gesicki stepped up well Chase looked solid but his usual ability to break the first tackle wasn’t there.

The play calling was nothing short of high school standard. Lou is on the hot seat for me there’s a reason why he’s the only coordinator not to be given a HC job.

Just a shit day all around really.
Reply/Quote
Im gonna copy and paste what I just said in the gameday thread

this was one of those games where the 22 and 21 defenses would bail the offense out. Cincy doesnt have that defense anymore. No Reader, Hubbard is older, Bj Hill is older, garbage DE depth, no jesse bates, no Awuzie.

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Burrow looked uncomfortable. Maybe he needs the preseason games. Not sure we really had a game plan coming into this game on offense. Thought we might come in and really try and run the ball but that's me being stupid I don't think the run will ever be a priority with Zac here. Defense looked bad against the run which I thought could be the case. Dax looks like a liability. I thought it also seemed like we underestimated they're pass offense and were getting cute early and gave up some plays. Might not be a bad idea in the future to put an emphasis on the run game if only to help the first few weeks. Also I hope Burrow is okay.
Reply/Quote
We need a new punt returner
Reply/Quote
I thought the Pass defense was ok we passed blocked ok. we generated pressure. we were terrible running especially blocking and stopping the run. no receiver outside of Chase created any separation.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 05:37 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Im gonna copy and paste what I just said in the gameday thread

this was one of those games where the 22 and 21 defenses would bail the offense out. Cincy doesnt have that defense anymore. No Reader, Hubbard is older, Bj Hill is older, garbage DE depth, no jesse bates, no Awuzie.

Also this doesn’t get said enough but the way Trey Hendrickson rushes the passer makes him a bad run defender. He rushes as if he’s trying to explicitly get sacks for his next contract. He does it as if a run stop TFL is worthless to him. He often rushes right past the RB who has the damn ball

He’s one of the only top 8 pass rushers who is totally useless if he isn’t getting pressures and sacks.

A lot of this team is very limited. We’ve filled the team with a bunch of players who do multiple things but do nothing at an elite level
-Housh
Reply/Quote
There’s no excuses this year for the slow start. There’s just none. Not a fan of these slow starts. OL finally run blocked but Joe was checking everything down.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 05:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I thought the defense looked shitty.

Unprepared. They were bad. So was the defensive play calling.

Quote:The offensive line, aside from a few plays, I thought pass blocked pretty well.

Didn't notice as I watched Joe run for his life.

Quote:Sad that we didn't see any(?) deep balls to Chase.

Burrow seemed contained. I don't think he was calling his own plays. If he was, we're F'ckd.

Quote:If Hudson doesn't fumble that ball, we score and it's an entirely different game. Mental mistakes that we can't have.

Maybe. But looking at the team we put on the field today, I doubt it. Probably would have motivated NEP and kicked our ass worse.

Quote:I'm so mad right now that I'm fuming and can't think straight, but what were your notes from the game?

I'm not mad. I didn't expect to lose, but I'm not mad. Looks like we will be trying to catch up for the rest of the season. There's no way this team beats KC next week. 0-2.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 05:37 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Im gonna copy and paste what I just said in the gameday thread

Turnovers is what has bailed this defense out for years IMO. Can't always count on them so you have to play good defense at some point. Let us hope that it is because Zac does not let the defense tackle much in training camp and practices. So, after a game or two we start tackling better.

Lou has been on a hot seat with me next to Pollock for a min. The o line looked bad blocking for pass and run early in the game got better as it went on. Hopefully again hope the Oline looks better as the NFL gets us prepared to play games unlike our coach Zac.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 05:48 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: There’s no excuses this year for the slow start. There’s just none. Not a fan of these slow starts. OL finally run blocked but Joe was checking everything down.

If checkdown Joe made an appearance i guarantee it was because WRs weren’t getting open. Burrow is not a conservative QB at all. He’s not afraid to throw a ball

We may wanna ask if Burrow was hurt in any way, because he did seem to be getting to that checkdown quickly.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Forgot one.

Charlie Jones can **** off, fumbles can happen part of the game but running backwards instead of fair catching when there is a player in your face and catching one inside the 5 instead of letting it bounce.
Reply/Quote
The punter is good.

This team was not ready to take the field

See what Michael Thomas wants

We'll bfine.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 05:37 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Im gonna copy and paste what I just said in the gameday thread

Not sure about that. NE's first 3 drives after halftime were 3 and outs. The offense didn't make them pay
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 06:04 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Forgot one.

Charlie Jones can **** off, fumbles can happen part of the game but running backwards instead of fair catching when there is a player in your face and catching one inside the 5 instead of letting it bounce.

Yes I don't think Chuck sizzle showed much smarts out there today. First game I know but not rocket science. I would think coaches tell him stand at the 10 and if you have to go back let it go. Of course seeing what the offense did maybe they said return it no matter what.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 05:45 PM)Housh Wrote: Also this doesn’t get said enough but the way Trey Hendrickson rushes the passer makes him a bad run defender. He rushes as if he’s trying to explicitly get sacks for his next contract. He does it as if a run stop TFL is worthless to him. He often rushes right past the RB who has the damn ball

He’s one of the only top 8 pass rushers who is totally useless if he isn’t getting pressures and sacks.

A lot of this team is very limited. We’ve filled the team with a bunch of players who do multiple things but do nothing at an elite level

Good grief  ... in that car crash of a loss you highlight Trey Hendrickson?!?

In base package he is basically our pass rush - god forbid he gets injured.   

He's meant to get outside and 3,.4 times almost got home for a sack . Most of those times Sheldon Rankins did a horrible job of letting Brissett slip outside for the first down.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 05:36 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Rankins is shit and was somehow the worst player on the d-line.

Yes we took away the explosive plays but the run defence is still a disgrace.

Burrow looked scared first game back in 10 months if he’s the same next week it’s time to panic.

Yoshi and Gesicki stepped up well Chase looked solid but his usual ability to break the first tackle wasn’t there.

The play calling was nothing short of high school standard. Lou is on the hot seat for me there’s a reason why he’s the only coordinator not to be given a HC job.

Just a shit day all around really.

Your definition of “stepped up” is very different than mine.

Yoshi - 3 rec for 26 yds 8.7 Avg

Gesicki - 3 rec for 18 yds 6.0 Avg (dropped TD)

Reply/Quote
Charlie Jones was terrible.

Tanner Hudson can't fumble that ball. Secure it. Pee wee stuff.

Run defense and DT play was bad, but we knew it was going to be an issue going into this year. This is my biggest worry. It will carry over all season.

That's it.

That's it.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
An entire off season to game plan for a Jacoby Brisset lead, bottom of the league team, rookie HC. And we lose. This might be the worst loss of JB era. We’re going to be 0-2 next week. This is not hyperbole, the season is over. I’m not saying we won’t be competitive or finish 9-8 or even sneak in to play offs. But this isn’t a SB team. It’s not even close. We have too many “decent” players. Our LB suck. Our CBs suck. Can’t pressure qb, can’t stop run. Can’t run block, can’t rush, can’t throw deep. TE’s can’t catch. No one besides chase can get open. Being “average” at all our positions does not equal SB. You need F’N elite players. And again, as I’ve always said, we have 2. And those 2 didn’t play well today
Reply/Quote