Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tanner Hudson

Hudson caught the ball in the middle of the defense, multiple players were near him. He is a practice squad player on any other team.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 09:24 AM)casear2727 Wrote:

Hudson caught the ball in the middle of the defense, multiple players were near him.  He is a practice squad player on any other team.

He needs to be held accountable. Up to the coaches to determine how to do that. Same thing with Charlie Jones. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Hudson caught the ball in the middle of the defense, multiple players were near him.  He is a practice squad player on any other team.

Should pull a Woody Hayes on him and make him carry a football 24/7. Or better yet sit him a couple games no matter what.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Let's not play "pin the tail on the donkey". Hudson also made a spectacular one handed catch. Besides, if the ball hadn't jarred loose from Gesicki's grip on the previous play, we're likely having an entirely different discussion today.

No singular player is at fault for that flat performance. The team just wasn't ready to play ball, and that falls on the coaching. Between soft training camps and contract melodrama, this team was anything but focused to play a live game versus an AFCN like opponent.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 09:27 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He needs to be held accountable. Up to the coaches to determine how to do that. Same thing with Charlie Jones. 

Charlie Jones and Trenton Irwin would be battling for WR7 on most teams.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 09:30 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Charlie Jones and Trenton Irwin would be battling for WR7 on most teams.

Just behind Burton at WR6.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 09:29 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Let's not play "pin the tail on the donkey". Hudson also made a spectacular one handed catch. Besides, if the ball hadn't jarred loose from Gesicki's grip on the previous play, we're likely having an entirely different discussion today.

No singular player is at fault for that flat performance. The team just wasn't ready to play ball, and that falls on the coaching. Between soft training camps and contract melodrama, this team was anything but focused to play a live game versus an AFCN like opponent.

1)many good teams don't play their starters in preseason and do well the first games of the year..2) many teams go through the contract drama with players  and it has no affect on the team..if you have ever been around a football locker room ..half the players on offense don't really know half the players on defense and visa versa..the majority of players could care less about chase and his contract.....you have one point correct..this is about good coaching  or lack thereof
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 09:29 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Let's not play "pin the tail on the donkey". Hudson also made a spectacular one handed catch. Besides, if the ball hadn't jarred loose from Gesicki's grip on the previous play, we're likely having an entirely different discussion today.

I never blamed the game on Hudson.  Im not a Hudson fan and his lack of awareness simply reveals that he is not a primetime player.  

I blame the performance on Zac, Lou, the defense, and Joe Burrow.  These 4 lost the game.  

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 09:33 AM)ERIC1 Wrote: 1)many good teams don't play their starters in preseason and do well the first games of the year..2) many teams go through the contract drama with players  and it has no affect on the team..if you have ever been around a football locker room ..half the players on offense don't really know half the players on defense and visa versa..the majority of players could care less about chase and his contract.....you have one point correct..this is about good coaching  or lack thereof

We've watched it for several seasons now, it does not work for this particular team.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

For sure this game doesn't come down to one player or one or two plays, the refs or anything else. In summary we sucked !! And weren't prepared - AT ALL
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 09:35 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: We've watched it for several seasons now, it does not work for this particular team.

That's a BINGO
Reply/Quote

But he was a donkey on that play. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 09:34 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I never blamed the game on Hudson.  Im not a Hudson fan and his lack of awareness simply reveals that he is not a primetime player.  

I blame the performance on Zac, Lou, the defense, and Joe Burrow.  These 4 lost the game.

And another BINGO
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 09:30 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Charlie Jones and Trenton Irwin would be battling for WR7 on most teams.

OK? They are backup level players. They aren't considered starters for us. They were playing because the circumstances dictated it. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 09:36 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: For sure this game doesn't come down to one player or one or two plays, the refs or anything else. In summary we sucked !! And weren't prepared - AT ALL

I'm still not agreeing with the call on Gesicki. He caught the ball, landed on the ground with it under control. He survived the ground, should have been end of play, as the ball didn't move until he was hit by a defender, after the play should have been over. (in my mind, anyway)

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 09:36 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: For sure this game doesn't come down to one player or one or two plays, the refs or anything else. In summary we sucked !! And weren't prepared - AT ALL

They were obviously not prepared and for Zac to blame the game on a couple of fumbles and some missed tackles is so amateur. We could have won the game without those for sure, but, that doesnt change the most obvious issues:

Everyone in the world knew that NE's only chance was to run the ball.  They still rushed for 170.

Burrow was pressured the 3rd least in his career and still only averaged 5 yards per attempt.  This game plan of taking only what the defense gives you is pathetic.  Why wont every team just play us like this? Other than Jamar we have ZERO chance at yards after the catch. 

Our RBs averaged 4.9 yds per touch but rarely got the ball.

We likely need to fix more than just a couple fumbles and some missed tackles. 

Reply/Quote

The way he was moving his arm after making the catch was weird.
Like flailing it out there begging for someone to smack the ball out.
Uncharacteristic of him compared to last year.

With that said, I think he proved last year he deserves to be on a 53.
He can be a solid lower-end or backup receiving TE.
He needs to prove though that yesterday's game was an anomaly, not a trend, as he may find himself expendable or inactive in favor of the younger McLachlan if he's not careful. The leash for things like that should just be about 3-4 games this year.

You may wanna look around all the other teams' TE depth charts, as I'm fairly confident you'll find plenty of teams with worse backup receiving TEs than him.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 09:39 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: OK? They are backup level players. They aren't considered starters for us. They were playing because the circumstances dictated it. 

Right, they played because ONE guy sat out.  That means that neither are WR7.   This is not a great WR room right now.

Jones & Irwin shouldn't get that many snaps.  I also am not nearly as confident as many that Iosivas is ready.

They need to figure out how to get Burton squared away soon.

Reply/Quote

Irwin has made plays for us in the past and Jones seemed like a good prospect in the draft. I think both would make most rosters as a 5th and 6th WR.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 09:45 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The way he was moving his arm after making the catch was weird.
Like flailing it out there begging for someone to smack the ball out.
Uncharacteristic of him compared to last year.

With that said, I think he proved last year he deserves to be on a 53.
He can be a solid lower-end or backup receiving TE.
He needs to prove though that yesterday's game was an anomaly, not a trend, as he may find himself expendable or inactive in favor of the younger McLachlan if he's not careful. The leash for things like that should just be about 3-4 games this year.

You may wanna look around all the other teams' TE depth charts, as I'm fairly confident you'll find plenty of teams with worse backup receiving TEs than him.

Mclachlan is way more dynamic, as is Burton.  Figure a way to coach them up and get them the ball.

Outside of Chase we do not have guys that can break a tackle and get yards.  Taking only what the defense gives you is not a good strategy if receivers cannot move the ball after the catch.

Reply/Quote