Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor
This guy has to coach better than he has so far in his tenure here to date..We have a 55m dollar qb with the ball in his hands late in the game 4th and 5 for all the marbles and what does Zac do he punts smh..
If we're going to be a team that needs the defense to carry it then resources needs to start being applied ASAP because last I checked most of our cap is invested in Zac Taylor joe burrow and this offense..
Reply/Quote
Zac will never change.
Reply/Quote
I think Zac could be one of the all time great HC if he just gave up the playcalling. Let the OC - and ONLY the OC - call the plays. Zac can have input, sure, like any HC, but let the OC call plays. And get back to being aggresive - don't punt on that 4th down. I get the thought process, but honestly, he should've gone for it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 01:55 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I think Zac could be one of the all time great HC if he just gave up the playcalling. Let the OC - and ONLY the OC - call the plays. Zac can have input, sure, like any HC, but let the OC call plays. And get back to being aggresive - don't punt on that 4th down. I get the thought process, but honestly, he should've gone for it.

I was told all off-season by folks on this board that our run game is going to be better because we'll be more diverse under center/shotgun/play action, etc. Folks hoped and wished by listening to coach speak, saying the same thing they've said every off-season while ignoring the facts of when Burrow + Taylor are here, it's the same vanilla offense. 

Something tells me it's not burrows calf or any other excuse, it's Burrow's preference to play the way the offense is called. 
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 02:01 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: I was told all off-season by folks on this board that our run game is going to be better because we'll be more diverse under center/shotgun/play action, etc. Folks hoped and wished by listening to coach speak, saying the same thing they've said every off-season while ignoring the facts of when Burrow + Taylor are here, it's the same vanilla offense. 

Something tells me it's not burrows calf or any other excuse, it's Burrow's preference to play the way the offense is called. 

I think what you were told all off-season can still hold true.  The problem is we went behind, which typically kills the run game.  I can say what we saw from Moss was encouraging.  I think we as fans (this at least applies to me) didn't know New England's defense was that good.  

A good coach does play to his players strengths, and when you have Joe Burrow you certainly should cater to what works for him.  That's how we made it to a SB and two AFCCG's.  We can't discount that.  Zac knows what he's doing, but that doesn't mean perfect seasons or never losing.  Sometimes players just don't have good days.  If this becomes a pattern, we should start to worry.  But there's plenty of historical data to speak to the contrary.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 02:07 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: I think what you were told all off-season can still hold true.  The problem is we went behind, which typically kills the run game.  I can say what we saw from Moss was encouraging.  I think we as fans (this at least applies to me) didn't know New England's defense was that good.  

A good coach does play to his players strengths, and when you have Joe Burrow you certainly should cater to what works for him.  That's how we made it to a SB and two AFCCG's.  We can't discount that.  Zac knows what he's doing, but that doesn't mean perfect seasons or never losing.  Sometimes players just don't have good days.  If this becomes a pattern, we should start to worry.  But there's plenty of historical data to speak to the contrary.

"if this becomes a pattern, we should start to worry" - Buddy, there couldn't be more of a pattern lol. It was 0-0 after the 1st. It was a 1 score game the entire 2nd quarter. It was never more than a two score game. If you're excusing the run game by going behind by 7 points, then you'll find an excuse for everything. 

NE's defense should be solid. They were also without their best player on defense. NE also ran all over us with one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL. People also told me all off-season that loosing one of the best run stuffing DL in the NFL and replacing him with a pass rushing 3T and two safeties (one with serious tackling problems), was going to improve the run defense. lol..yea people just convince themselves of anything. 
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 02:13 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: "if this becomes a pattern, we should start to worry" - Buddy, there couldn't be more of a pattern lol. It was 0-0 after the 1st. It was a 1 score game the entire 2nd quarter. It was never more than a two score game. If you're excusing the run game by going behind by 7 points, then you'll find an excuse for everything. 

NE's defense should be solid. They were also without their best player on defense. NE also ran all over us with one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL. People also told me all off-season that loosing one of the best run stuffing DL in the NFL and replacing him with a pass rushing 3T and two safeties (one with serious tackling problems), was going to improve the run defense. lol..yea people just convince themselves of anything. 

Funny enough, after posting I went onto some other thread and someone posted a few videos showing the scheme and the play for the last drive where it turns out Burrow simply panicked and failed to throw to the open receiver.  Very un-burrow-like.  I think that's the problem we should all be concerned with for real.  I didn't want to believe it, but seeing is believing.  He's either still hurt or doesn't trust that he's fully healthy.
Reply/Quote
What I don't get is we have a running back who is the 2nd fastest player in the NFL. Why cam we not seem to get him the ball in space?
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 02:13 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: "if this becomes a pattern, we should start to worry" - Buddy, there couldn't be more of a pattern lol. It was 0-0 after the 1st. It was a 1 score game the entire 2nd quarter. It was never more than a two score game. If you're excusing the run game by going behind by 7 points, then you'll find an excuse for everything. 

I think this is 3 years in a row where the offense looked terrible to start the year.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 02:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think this is 3 years in a row where the offense looked terrible to start the year.

Agreed, but I don't think each year is the same thing..... or is it?  As I posted above, someone posted a few videos that are very telling about Burrow.  The plays were there, he simply failed to get them there.  Wild.  He's either still hurt or in his head about getting hurt.  
Reply/Quote
Ja'marr saying "ask zac" when being questioned on why we didn't have more deep routes that game, maybe he doesn't want to mention our OC's name but is Zac still calling plays? Damn.

Burrow is in his head and you know Mike Brown is paying for that sports psychologist (sarcasm, do we even have one on staff?).

I think he has a constant reminder to stay in his head, since his wrist is probably hurting. He doesn't want to lose all grip strength like he did last year. It will take a beast of a mind to get over that, but I do think Burrow is built for that. He's just not ready yet.

Imagine the pain he is feeling when throwing is similar to last year before the snap and couldn't hold the ball anymore, he needs a psychologist lol. A snap of that ligament would now look career ending, that is too much to process along with the actual game going on.

I have no pain throwing a football, most of us don't. Once you start feel pain your first inclination is to try again to see if the pain is still there, then you stop.

It's only his first real game back, since he doesn't see any real action in practice or preseason. Nobody is trying to hurt him in practice. It takes Burrow time, that he has shown.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 02:01 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: I was told all off-season by folks on this board that our run game is going to be better because we'll be more diverse under center/shotgun/play action, etc. Folks hoped and wished by listening to coach speak, saying the same thing they've said every off-season while ignoring the facts of when Burrow + Taylor are here, it's the same vanilla offense. 

It's one game, dude. Yes, it wasn't good and questioning the future is perfectly fine and natural. But to think the offense is going to be the same exact offense for the next 16 games, well, I don't know what to tell you.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 02:26 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Ja'marr saying "ask zac" when being questioned on why we didn't have more deep routes that game, maybe he doesn't want to mention our OC's name but is Zac still calling plays? Damn.

Burrow is in his head and you know Mike Brown is paying for that sports psychologist (sarcasm, do we even have one on staff?).

I think he has a constant reminder to stay in his head, since his wrist is probably hurting. He doesn't want to lose all grip strength like he did last year. It will take a beast of a mind to get over that, but I do think Burrow is built for that. He's just not ready yet.

Imagine the pain he is feeling when throwing is similar to last year before the snap and couldn't hold the ball anymore, he needs a psychologist lol. A snap of that ligament would now look career ending, that is too much to process along with the actual game going on.

I have no pain throwing a football, most of us don't. Once you start feel pain your first inclination is to try again to see if the pain is still there, then you stop.

It's only his first real game back, since he doesn't see any real action in practice or preseason. Nobody is trying to hurt him in practice. It takes Burrow time, that he has shown.

He has a bigger chance of reinjuring it taking sacks then he will throwing the ball.
Reply/Quote
Calling a spade a spade. The OL is average. The slow starts are accumulating and that’s on the staff, mostly Zac. Joe didn’t have his best decision making game. The Chase fiasco hasn’t helped. The turnovers cost us the game but the offense should be better. The offense has always had good efficiency numbers under Joe. But I’ll say it for the millionth time. A running game matters.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 02:32 PM)PhilHos Wrote: But to think the offense is going to be the same exact offense for the next 16 games, well, I don't know what to tell you.

It's been the same exact offense since Burrow has been here..... These complaints from fans aren't new.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
What do we expect honestly? This man went 13 quarters at the University of Cincinnati without a touchdown..13 QUARTERS. While he was at UC his offense was BOTTOM 5..... and somehow he's an NFL head coach. Nepotism at its finest. (Sherman)
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 03:11 PM)740Bengal Wrote: What do we expect honestly? This man went 13 quarters at the University of Cincinnati without a touchdown..13 QUARTERS. While he was at UC his offense was BOTTOM 5..... and somehow he's an NFL head coach. Nepotism at its finest. (Sherman)

Yet Dan Campbell named him interim OC at Miami when their jobs were on the line. Sean McVay hired him.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 02:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: What I don't get is we have a running back who is the 2nd fastest player in the NFL. Why cam we not seem to get him the ball in space?

We can't get anybody out in open space.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 03:16 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Yet Dan Campbell named him interim OC at Miami when their jobs were on the line. Sean McVay hired him.

His scoring stats at Miami were bad too though, worse than when he took over.  The Dolphins went 2-4 and they were all fired.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 02:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think this is 3 years in a row where the offense looked terrible to start the year.

Zac has scored over 20 points in week 1 once. That was against the Vikings in OT (the only game he's won)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote