Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Higgins to miss week 2 (Chiefs)?
When it rains, it pours..

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/motorsports/bengals-star-wr-expected-to-miss-week-2-clash-with-chiefs/ar-AA1qgUlA?ocid=BingNewsSerp

Quote:The Cincinnati Bengals were among the biggest disappointments from Week 1 of the NFL season, dropping their home opener to the New England Patriots by a score of 16-10. It was a frustrating offensive game for Cincinnati and was highlighted by the absence of star wide receiver Tee Higgins.

Higgins missed the game due to an ongoing hamstring injury, limiting the Bengals' offensive attack. And now it seems that Cincinnati may head into a crucial Week 2 matchup with the reigning Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs, without the services of Higgins once again.

ESPN NFL insider Adam Schefter appeared on The Pat McAfee Show and said that he would be "surprised" if Higgins is able to go against Kansas City.
"Hamstring injury. He has a hamstring injury. We'll see how the week plays out but I'll be surprised if he plays on this week against the Chiefs."

The Bengals offense looked a little lifeless on Sunday against New England but that was partly due to them not practicing together much. Co-star Ja'Marr Chase hardly took the practice field during training camp while he dealt with a contract dispute with the front office.

It was clear on Sunday that the Bengals had very little cohesion on the field and it showed in their performance. But with them having to head to Arrowhead Stadium this weekend, the expected absence of Higgins looms large.

When on the field, Higgins gives the Bengals a big-bodied wide receiver who can make contested catches down the sidelines. He has shown his worth since being drafted in the second round of the 2020 NFL Draft so this is a significant blow to the Bengals' chances at an upset.

Last season, Higgins posted 42 catches for 656 yards and five scores over 12 games played. Injuries have taken over his career of late but the hope is that the upcoming free agent can get back on the field soon.

There is still time for Higgins to be cleared to play but hamstring injuries can be tough. They normally are nagging throughout a season so Cincinnati will likely play things safe unless Higgins is completely healthy.

This game against Kansas City could have big playoff implications so not having Higgins gives the advantage more so to the Chiefs. Both teams will be motivated to beat one another after some feisty playoff matchups in recent years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Shrugs. Damaged goods they should have unloaded when they could.

They knew his hamstring injury was a chronic issue. Even if fans didn't realize it yet, they had to know. 

And Tee. Well he should have jumped on the offer they had on the table. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 05:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: Shrugs. Damaged goods they should have unloaded when they could.

They knew his hamstring injury was a chronic issue. Even if fans didn't realize it yet, they had to know. 

And Tee. Well he should have jumped on the offer they had on the table. 

I agree. It will always be an issue. Bengals are always making the wrong decision. 
Reply/Quote
Damn

It was debated in a couple threads whether Tee's presence would have made a difference yesterday? And as bad as we played most of the game I'm just not sure it would have?

I sure hope we play much better next week and it sure would be nice to have him then.
Reply/Quote
*shrugs* Glass breaks all the time.

We've got a ton of talent at WR, though...oh...wait...
Reply/Quote
So an injured Tee higgins(nothing new), and a dejected disgruntled Jamarr Chase.

Real good stuff

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 05:29 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: So an injured Tee higgins(nothing new), and a dejected disgruntled Jamarr Chase.

Real good stuff

It's the Bengal way unfortunately for us fans.
Reply/Quote
There's nothing new here except Shefty speculating.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 05:29 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: So an injured Tee higgins(nothing new), and a dejected disgruntled Jamarr Chase.

Real good stuff

And a possibly hurt QB as well with the hand, wrist. Maybe not but wouldn't surprise me to see him on the weekly injured list soon with it. I just don't think he is 100%.
I didn't think Tee would be ready.
Reply/Quote
You need to put several ???? behind your thread title. I have bad eyesight and panic quickly.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 06:08 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: And a possibly hurt QB as well with the hand, wrist. Maybe not but wouldn't surprise me to see him on the weekly injured list soon with it. I just don't think he is 100%.
I didn't think Tee would be ready.

First, i don;t think Burrow is hurt but it is the NFL, but even if he is a slightly hurt how many players play majority of games hurt including QBs ?  alot of them.  I feel about 100% confident he is not injured, that is what matters, he is very capable of playing, he just needs to play better 
Reply/Quote
Im more concerned about Burrows brain being hurt. He dropped his eyes faster than any other time I have ever seen.

Not sure if he is seeing ghosts or what but he needs to pull it together and play to his well deserved reputation. What we saw was NOT Joe being Cool or courageous and standing in the pocket.

Reply/Quote
Hope you are right but he sure as heck played like he was hurt Yesterday. If not physically then mentally. He looked unsure and undecided at times. Would be reassuring to see him throw for 250-300 yds and a couple TD's even if they lose to KC.  ** Meant my response for Essex but yes, agree on the mental aspect.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 07:07 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Hope you are right but he sure as heck played like he was hurt Yesterday. If not physically then mentally. He looked unsure and undecided at times. Would be reassuring to see him throw for 250-300 yds and a couple TD's even if they lose to KC.

I would be thrilled with a loss on Sunday if the defense played tough and Burrow was back to killer Joe form.

* "Thrilled" may be a tad too much....

Reply/Quote
ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 07:06 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Im more concerned about Burrows brain being hurt. He dropped his eyes faster than any other time I have ever seen.

Not sure if he is seeing ghosts or what but he needs to pull it together and play to his well deserved reputation. What we saw was NOT Joe being Cool or courageous and standing in the pocket.

Yep. We can only hope it’s just a matter of not seeing real action since week 10 last year. Hear it all the time but you just can’t simulate real game speed.

Reply/Quote
Positives: Iosivas becomes #2 and I think he's solid. I'm not sure he was really into the gameplan this week. But he performed and he reminds me of a Brian Leonard type player. Hellova work ethic a solid talent. Our OL has to get their shit together, along with the rest of the team. The coaches need to prepare these guys to win, and play like every game is a playoff game because since we lost to one of the crappiest teams in the league, every game is a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 07:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Positives: Iosivas becomes #2 and I think he's solid. I'm not sure he was really into the gameplan this week. But he performed and he reminds me of a Brian Leonard type player. Hellova work ethic a solid talent. Our OL has to get their shit together, along with the rest of the team. The coaches need to prepare these guys to win, and play like every game is a playoff game because since we lost to one of the crappiest teams in the league, every game is a playoff game.

based on what? gut feeling? he was terrible on sunday. 6th rounder

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 07:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. We can only hope it’s just a matter of not seeing real action since week 10 last year. Hear it all the time but you just can’t simulate real game speed.

I believe a couple factors played into his horrible performance. Unprepared, Bad OL, lack of team effort and turnovers. He didn't look confident and seemed to have lacked the courage he once had. This team was not focused yesterday from top to bottom. Hopefully this is a wakeup call and we come back next week overflowing with pride in our team for bouncing back and beating the KC Swifties. However, if the spread is less than 7, I'm betting on KC because they got their shit together.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 07:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Positives: Iosivas becomes #2 and I think he's solid. I'm not sure he was really into the gameplan this week. But he performed and he reminds me of a Brian Leonard type player. Hellova work ethic a solid talent. Our OL has to get their shit together, along with the rest of the team. The coaches need to prepare these guys to win, and play like every game is a playoff game because since we lost to one of the crappiest teams in the league, every game is a playoff game.

Iosivas had 6 targets for 3 receptions going for 26 yards.  There is some room for improvement there for sure.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote