Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
week 2 injury report

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
Right Wrist-full Practice?  Is that just listed because of the surgery last year or soreness or his rehab? FP is good, no?
Reply/Quote
We might need Mims sooner than I thought if Trent Brown keeps looking like crap.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2024, 07:43 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: We might need Mims sooner than I thought if Trent Brown keeps looking like crap.

He's working his way back!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2024, 07:42 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Right Wrist-full Practice?  Is that just listed because of the surgery last year or soreness or his rehab? FP is good, no?

"Online sleuths wondered how his surgically repaired wrist felt after broadcast cameras captured him handling a water bottle in an unorthodox manner in the team's Week 1 loss to the New England Patriots. Burrow was oblivious to the discourse."

"I just drank water," Burrow said with a chuckle.

But after he was spotted flexing his wrist throughout the team's upset defeat Sunday, Burrow maintained the wrist felt great, and it was "absolutely not" affecting his throwing.

"It feels better this week than it did last week, than it did the week before, so it's continually getting better," Burrow said.

Burrow downplayed the significance or that the wrist was preventing him from making downfield throws.

"That's part of ligament injuries," Burrow said. "If you don't move it, you're going to lose it, so I'm always moving it around, keeping it loose, keeping my mobility the way it's supposed to be, so it's going to continue to happen." "

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/41223575/bengals-joe-burrow-wrist-absolutely-not-affecting-throws
Reply/Quote
Well he and Zac would both be great politicians. If it is bothering him he isn't gonna say yea, it hurts like a motherf. I wouldn't either. I'll bet it is sore as can be after a nights sleep from not moving it.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2024, 07:42 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Right Wrist-full Practice?  Is that just listed because of the surgery last year or soreness or his rehab? FP is good, no?

I assume the wrist is just listed because the surgery. It was on the week 1 list in the same way. Full participant so he appears to be full go. Was a little scary with the cameras catching him flexing and moving it around. But just keeping it loose seems a plausible explanation especially when no trainers are looking at him.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2024, 10:23 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I assume the wrist is just listed because the surgery. It was on the week 1 list in the same way. Full participant so he appears to be full go. Was a little scary with the cameras catching him flexing and moving it around. But just keeping it loose seems a plausible explanation especially when no trainers are looking at him.

That, and unfortunately, he already had experience with torn ligaments. I guess people forget him riding the bike on the sidelines between series the year after he shredded his knee. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

I read that if you receive treatment for an injury, you're going to be listed on the injury report. I think we will see that for the rest of his career.

For better or worse, but just saying that out loud, sounds terrible. I hope we have not seen the best of Joe burrow, we needed the best to win a SB. Anything less doesn't work on this team with no D.
Reply/Quote

Remember last year when the Bengals were chastised for not listing Burrow on the injury report before a Thurday night game?  Maybe that has something to do with it, not sure.  I know it seems like everyone made a big deal out of it.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2024, 07:51 PM)Nepa Wrote: "Online sleuths wondered how his surgically repaired wrist felt after broadcast cameras captured him handling a water bottle in an unorthodox manner in the team's Week 1 loss to the New England Patriots. Burrow was oblivious to the discourse."

"I just drank water," Burrow said with a chuckle.

But after he was spotted flexing his wrist throughout the team's upset defeat Sunday, Burrow maintained the wrist felt great, and it was "absolutely not" affecting his throwing.

"It feels better this week than it did last week, than it did the week before, so it's continually getting better," Burrow said.

Burrow downplayed the significance or that the wrist was preventing him from making downfield throws.

"That's part of ligament injuries," Burrow said. "If you don't move it, you're going to lose it, so I'm always moving it around, keeping it loose, keeping my mobility the way it's supposed to be, so it's going to continue to happen." "

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/41223575/bengals-joe-burrow-wrist-absolutely-not-affecting-throws

I'd be more concerned if his accuracy was all over the place or it was affecting his mechanics, which it didn't seem to.  His problems were all upstairs.
Reply/Quote
This is what I just don't understand. A supposed top 5 NFL QB paid like one with problems "upstairs" Mental game issues? I don't get that.
Reply/Quote
This is from Yahoo Fantasy.

Quote:[Image: 32.png] The internet had thoughts about Joe Burrow’s wrist. If you follow any number of fantasy and NFL social accounts, then you've probably seen the clips from Sunday in which Burrow flexed his wrist. He was also seen picking up a water bottle in a stylish-yet-non-traditional manner.

Burrow himself said he’s fine, which is consistent with the actual football-playing portion of his tape. We'll make no guarantees about Burrow’s production this week at Kansas City, but we can tell you his main problem in the opener appeared to be the fact that he was working with Mike Gesicki, Tanner Hudson and Andrei Iosivas.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2024, 11:09 AM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: This is what I just don't understand. A supposed top 5 NFL QB paid like one with problems "upstairs" Mental game issues? I don't get that.

I will point to Lamar Jackson and his career 75.7 passer rating and 9 turnovers in 6 playoff games as Exhibit A...
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2024, 12:56 PM)Whatever Wrote: I will point to Lamar Jackson and his career 75.7 passer rating and 9 turnovers in 6 playoff games as Exhibit A...

Lamar is a fraud. an MVP version of Dalton. Regular season king, playoff joke. His limited trowing ability kills him come crunch time

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
and yes, I think Burrow is in his own head about the wrist

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Hope Logan Wilson is ready to go. One of the few bright spots in that loss. Also would like to see Mims play if Trent Brown
keeps playing like that. Need Kris Jenkins to also show some good stuff for us as he is a good run stopper and would like to
see Myles Murphy if Hubbard keeps playing poorly. Also BJ Hill needs to play decent in an already rough DT room.

Oh yeah, would like to see Erick All out there in case Hudson can't go. I liked Erick All this preseason and his blocking.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2024, 01:09 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: and yes, I think Burrow is in his own head about the wrist

I don't think he's in his own head about the wrist, I just think he's a slow starter who takes a few games to feel comfortable the pocket and see the game like he wants. It's happened every year since he's been in the league. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
good news and bad news

good-

Logan is in full uniform and looks to practice today

so-so

Jenkins is back on rehab field

bad
Tee is in street clothes on rehab field

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2024, 02:43 PM)pally Wrote: Tee is in street clothes on rehab field

I would expect nothing less. I can't believe so many of us wasted time discussing this dude in the offseason. He's turning out to be a liability.
Reply/Quote