Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Week 3 injuries
Zac said in his press conference that they are looking at potentially bringing in some outside players. Both BJ and Rankins injured their hamstrings. They will know more as the week progresses. It helps to have an extra day.

Jenkins should return to practice this week and how he does will determine his status for next week

Tee is trending in a positive direction but Zac won't commit to him playing next Monday.

Last week both Murphy and Jackson were on the rehab field which is a positive towards them being ready to go after week 4

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 04:11 PM)pally Wrote: Zac said in his press conference that they are looking at potentially bringing in some outside players.  Both BJ and Rankins injured their hamstrings.  They will know more as the week progresses.  It helps to have an extra day.

Jenkins should return to practice this week and how he does will determine his status for next week

Tee is trending in a positive direction but Zac won't commit to him playing next Monday.

Last week both Murphy and Jackson were on the rehab field which is a positive towards them being ready to go after week 4

Are we talking about real hamstring injuries?  Ninja
Reply/Quote
I said this last year, it might be time to start looking at the training staff with all the hamstring injuries. These tend to occur when the front and back of the leg are not worked out equally. When you start having multiple hammys, it's time to look at what's going on in the weight room.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2024, 08:27 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I said this last year, it might be time to start looking at the training staff with all the hamstring injuries. These tend to occur when the front and back of the leg are not worked out equally. When you start having multiple hammys, it's time to look at what's going on in the weight room.

I don't think they have an abnormally high number of hamstring issues.  BJ, for example, I know does reformer pilates which is something specifically designed to work muscle groups equally and improve flexibility and balance

Reply/Quote
Both Tee and Kris Jenkins will be practicing today.  It may be limited but they will be out there.

BJ and Sheldon are both day to day and will not practice

Reply/Quote
If Higgins makes it back on the field for MNF, how much can we rely on him? He won't be at game speed and is a few weeks behind the others. Add his issues with dropped passes, I hope they play him in a limited fashion instead of making him a vital part of the gameplan. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
FP
Joe Burrow-wrist

LP
Vonn Bell-back....this happened during practice
Mike Gesicki-Back
Tee Higgins-hamstring
Kri Jenkins-thumb
Amarius Mims-Pectoral

DNP
Sheldon Rankins-hamstring
BJ Hill-hamstring
Tanner Huson-knee

Reply/Quote
(4 hours ago)HarleyDog Wrote: If Higgins makes it back on the field for MNF, how much can we rely on him? He won't be at game speed and is a few weeks behind the others. Add his issues with dropped passes, I hope they play him in a limited fashion instead of making him a vital part of the gameplan. 

He's a professional.  If he's on the field, he should be ready to go, and game-planned as such.
Reply/Quote
(4 hours ago)HarleyDog Wrote: If Higgins makes it back on the field for MNF, how much can we rely on him? He won't be at game speed and is a few weeks behind the others. Add his issues with dropped passes, I hope they play him in a limited fashion instead of making him a vital part of the gameplan. 

Everyone was talking about what a great camp he had

Reply/Quote