Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Hampshire lawmakers spar over public breastfeeding
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/31/politics/new-hampshire-bill-breastfeeding-nipples-comments/index.html

Quote:A New Hampshire state House debate about public breastfeeding is getting ugly, following a legislative proposal that would make it a misdemeanor to expose nipples while in public.

State Rep. Amanda Bouldin, a Democrat, isn't happy about the idea and expressed her opposition on Facebook. Bouldin called for the bill's sponsor, State Rep. Josh Moore, to kill it or at least exempt new mothers who are breastfeeding.

"The very least you could do," Bouldin wrote, "is protect a mother's right to FEED her child."

The bill does exempt breastfeeding mothers, she later acknowledged to CNN, but she didn't know at the time of the Facebook post.

The post prompted a comment from Rep. Moore -- later deleted -- in which he wrote, "If it's a woman's natural inclination to pull her nipple out in public and you support that, than you should have no problem with a mans inclantion [sic] to stare at it and grab it. After all... It's ALL relative and natural, right?"

Another colleague, State Rep. Al Baldasaro, Republican, also commented the post: "No disrespect, but your nipple would be the last one I would want to see ... You want to turn our family beach's into a pervert show."

Bouldin said she wasn't shocked by her colleagues' comments because she often posts to Facebook to start a discussion about bills she doesn't approve of.

Bouldin said she still doesn't support the bill, even with the breastfeeding exemption. The representatives pushing the measure are "chasing an imaginary threat," she said. Public nudity just isn't a pressing public policy matter in New Hampshire, she said.

"I never offered to show anyone my nipples, so I'm not sure why (Baldasaro) said that," she told CNN. "What is worse is that I have no desire to be nude in public ... I'm not trying to villainize anyone."

CNN has reached out to Moore and Baldasaro for comment, but they have not yet responded.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
on breast feeding in general:
If these women just did the best they could and attempted to hide the breast feeding as much as possible. If they just tried this then I can't see why there would be a problem. A business should be able to remove you if they desire.
It's a war on babies!!!!
Personally, I am offended by Rep. Moore's commentary that paints men as sex-crazed beings incapable of controlling themselves.
(01-01-2016, 03:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: on breast feeding in general:
If these women just did the best they could and attempted to hide the breast feeding as much as possible.   If they just tried this then I can't see why there would be a problem.   A business should be able to remove you if they desire.

So, in general, you think women just plop them out and hang them them there with no shame?

(01-01-2016, 07:18 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Personally, I am offended by Rep. Moore's commentary that paints men as sex-crazed beings incapable of controlling themselves.

Exactly.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
No big deal. Let em do it.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-01-2016, 07:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: So, in general, you think women just plop them out and hang them them there with no shame?

Exactly.

No I don't. But unfortunately you have the militant ones who just act ridiculous.

This really isn't a big deal. Just like anything else, you expect someone to respect your ways then at least respect others as well while you do what you do.

As for the guy wanting to touch nipples. I have no idea what he is talking about and I hope that's just taken out of context.
So if I'm reading the OP correctly: This lady is in favor of letting women expose their nipples/breasts in public, regardless if they are breast feeding or not.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

I would totally love to take some of these hung-up cats to a bike week.
Hilarious
(01-02-2016, 02:15 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I would totally love to take some of these hung-up cats to a bike week.
Hilarious

Hell, I'd rather take the female State Rep that is down with showing tits. 

But I would not be keen on taking her to the local Sizzler. 

show someone getting beaten/shot/stabbed?

yay!

show a nipple?

Cry

priorities people.
(01-02-2016, 02:22 AM)Benton Wrote: show someone getting beaten/shot/stabbed?

yay!

show a nipple?

Cry

priorities people.

Well I'd also be opposed to any legislation that allowed public display of people getting beaten/shot/stabbed. But I'm conservative like that. 

(01-01-2016, 08:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So if I'm reading the OP correctly: This lady is in favor of letting women expose their nipples/breasts in public, regardless if they are breast feeding or not.

If guys can then why not women? It's legal in places like New York.

(01-02-2016, 07:39 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: If guys can then why not women? It's legal in places like New York.

Well, I'm not in favor of a guy exposing his nipples when I take the family to Applebees either. 

But to each their own. 

(01-02-2016, 12:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well, I'm not in favor of a guy exposing his nipples when I take the family to Applebees either. 

But to each their own. 

I never figured Fred for an Applebee's kind of guy.
(01-02-2016, 12:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well, I'm not in favor of a guy exposing his nipples when I take the family to Applebees either. 

But to each their own. 

Pretty sure most restaurants don't let shirtless men in. I'm talking about being out(side) in public.

(01-02-2016, 03:17 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Pretty sure most restaurants don't let shirtless men in. I'm talking about being out(side) in public.

But isn't the law in the OP talking about Restaurants and other such places.

Didn't realize it was only talking about walking around. 

(01-02-2016, 03:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But isn't the law in the OP talking about Restaurants and other such places.

Didn't realize it was only talking about walking around. 

We're not, but considering that businesses may set their own dress codes that do not discriminate against a class of people, it's irrelevant to mention Sizzler and Applesbees as the law would never extend there unless the restaurant  chose to get rid of their no shirt no shoes policy. 

Also, to clarify, it's a general public decency law, not a law to allow exposing your nipples.

Edit: I believe what she is saying is "why are we worrying about public nudity right now?"

If there is one thing I noticed about laws and the status quo, it is that people seem to think making anything legal, or removing the long-held taboo on something is implausible. Here is how it goes:

1. ____ is deemed offensive, illegal, inappropriate
2. ____ is deemed to be unjustly offensive, illegal, inappropriate
3. ____ is declared no longer offensive, illegal, inappropriate
4. Some people think the world is going to end, society will crumble
5. Society does not crumble (hopefully)
6. People forget ____ was ever offensive, illegal, inappropriate
7. Life goes on and something else is deemed offensive, illegal, inappropriate

The way I see it, in 50 years a guy is going to react the same way when he sees a woman take out her boobage to feed a kid as I did the first time I saw a black guy use the same water fountain put there for me. And that reaction is absolutely nothing. I didn't react, because I never lived in a society where such a thing was deemed WRONG, or detrimental. Eventually breastfeeding in public is going to be a non-issue and if that sounds like too much to wrap your head around, then I guess you have time to get used to it, refuse to accept it, and/or die.