Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
‘Go home!’ Mayor tweets after white nationalist tiki torch ‘flash mob’
http://wtvr.com/2017/10/07/charlottesville-rally/

Quote: Officials in Virginia denounced white supremacist Richard Spencer and dozens of his supporters who held another rally holding tiki torches in Charlottesville on Saturday night.

The city's mayor, Mike Signer had a blunt message for them: "Another despicable visit by neo-Nazi cowards. You're not welcome here! Go home!"

Charlottesville was rocked by violence nearly two months ago during clashes between white supremacists and counterprotesters. Heather Heyer, 32, was killed in the event August 12 when a car plowed into a crowd of counterprotesters.
On Saturday around 7:40 p.m., a group of about 40 to 50 people, including Spencer, gathered at Emancipation Park, where the statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee stands, Charlottesville police said.

The group held a brief rally that police estimated took about five to 10 minutes. They dressed similarly in white shirts and some wore sunglasses in the dark while chanting, "You will not replace us. You will not erase us."

"Hello, Charlottesville. We have a message. We're back and we're going to keep coming back," one speaker said.

Spencer and his supporters alleged that Charlottesville was suppressing their speech and said that its residents should "get used to the alt-right. You're going to have to get used to white identity."

After the rally, they left the park, boarded a tour bus and departed from the city, Charlottesville police said. Police cars followed the tour bus to make sure the group was leaving the city.

"Our department is conferring with city leadership and the Commonwealth Attorney's office to determine what legal action may be taken in response to this event," police said in a statement.

Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe tweeted: "We are monitoring this situation as we continue to oppose these racists and their message of hate."

Spencer has now held three torch rallies in his former college town. The first event occurred in May, also at Emancipation Park where they protested the city's plans to remove the Lee statue. The second event was in August at the University of Virginia.

View image on Twitter
[Image: DLktXLIWAAArecs.jpg:small]

Quote:[/url] Follow
[Image: -8wpzY4D_normal.jpg]Matt Talhelm 

@MattTalhelm
HAPPENING NOW: @RichardBSpencer & white nationalist supporters are back with their torches in front of Lee statue in #Charlottesville.
7:53 PM - Oct 7, 2017
[Image: TDCy6Rdn3PGRJ8qc.jpg]
Quote: Follow

@MattTalhelm
White nationalists now chanting - “We will be back”. About 3 dozen supporters in Emancipation Park. Plenty of police on standby in park.
7:57 PM - Oct 7, 2017

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/MattTalhelm] Follow

@MattTalhelm
UPDATE: After short torchlit protest in front of the tarp-covered Lee monument in #Charlottesville, white nationalists have left the park.
8:02 PM - Oct 7, 2017

Please note I am unsure if they had a permit this time.  However it seems this was entirely a white nationalist group so I am assuming no "good people".

The POTUS tweeted immediately:

Oh wait...must have been the next one:

Wait...must have been the next dayL

Well, I bet he'll get around to addressing Nazis marching any day now because we KNOW he doesn't like them or want their support!  Amiright?

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I see how this work...offend veterans that are mostly too old to be alive to be offended. White people, you clever scamps!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
See what happens when you don't give these idiots the press they desire. They become irrelevant; as this is a non-story. But there will be some that try to push it as such.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-09-2017, 11:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://wtvr.com/2017/10/07/charlottesville-rally/

Please note I am unsure if they had a permit this time.  However it seems this was entirely a white nationalist group so I am assuming no "good people".

Well, I bet he'll get around to addressing Nazis marching any day now because we KNOW he doesn't like them or want their support!  Amiright?

Mellow

[Image: blckcry.jpg]
(10-10-2017, 12:44 AM)bfine32 Wrote: See what happens when you don't give these idiots the press they desire. They become irrelevant; as this is a non-story. But there will be some that try to push it as such.

Dino surely has to be disappointed his Antifa heroes didn't show up. Would have made his non-story a story.
They could have at least burned or destroyed something like liberals do.
Not in the story is how immediately following the carbetbagging bigots' showing, a group of students and locals counter-protested. Was rather interesting. This was, and still is, all over the news here.
(10-10-2017, 07:48 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not in the story I see how immediately following the carbetbagging bigots' showing, a group of students and locals counter-protested. Was rather interesting. This was, and still is, all over the news here.

I'm sure it's still a big deal.  As it should be when these cowards show up.  Ignoring them allows them to think no one is opposing them because they are the IQ of a slug.

Sadly there are so many Nazi supporters around here they'd rather make stuff up about people protesting the Nazis than denounce the Nazis.
(10-09-2017, 11:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://wtvr.com/2017/10/07/charlottesville-rally/

Mellow

Wasn't there a thread that complained that the POTUS was violating the constitution by complaining about protesters on twitter, but now you want him to complain about protesters on twitter?  Their abhorrent message is not the point, at least not where the 1st amendment is concerned.  If they gathered legally then the Constitution gives them the right to do just that.  In any event, I follow national and world news very closely, although admittedly not as much on the weekends, and this is the first I'm hearing of this "rally".
(10-10-2017, 09:09 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Wasn't there a thread that complained that the POTUS was violating the constitution by complaining about protesters on twitter, but now you want him to complain about protesters on twitter?  Their abhorrent message is not the point, at least not where the 1st amendment is concerned.  If they gathered legally then the Constitution gives them the right to do just that.  In any event, I follow national and world news very closely, although admittedly not as much on the weekends, and this is the first I'm hearing of this "rally".

Normally when you try to spin one of my posts it's better than this.

Must be too early?

The POTUS called peaceful protesters SOBS and called for their employer to fire them versus....silence about marching Nazis.

Please, try harder.  You can do better!  I expect it from you!  Rock On
Tiki torches? A little girlie don't you think?

And I'm on the ignore side. They don't look at that as nobody opposes. They look at it as nobody cares.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-10-2017, 09:43 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Tiki torches?  A little girlie don't you think?

And I'm on the ignore side.  They don't look at that as nobody opposes.  They look at it as nobody cares.

They took the mild denouncement from the POTUS as him supporting them.

If no one shines a light on these cowards they keep thinking they can get bolder.
(10-10-2017, 09:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: They took the mild denouncement from the POTUS as him supporting them.

If no one shines a light on these cowards they keep thinking they can get bolder.

They want the light and they don't care if it's good or bad.  If they start yelling out their nonsense, and nobody is there to hear it, what the hell have they accomplished?  Do you think NFL players are on one knee during the national anthem while they are watching MNF on TV?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-10-2017, 09:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: They took the mild denouncement from the POTUS as him supporting them.

Yeah right. They're as bold as they're gonna be.

Apparently you've got a lot of time on your hands.
Research all the KKK rallies from 2008 -2016 and find out how many Obama responded to or ignored.
(10-10-2017, 12:44 AM)bfine32 Wrote: See what happens when you don't give these idiots the press they desire. They become irrelevant; as this is a non-story. But there will be some that try to push it as such.

Could've (should've) done the same with Marshawn Lynch, Colin Kaepernick, and Michael Thomas.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(10-10-2017, 11:04 AM)jason Wrote: Could've (should've) done the same with Marshawn Lynch, Colin Kaepernick, and Michael Thomas.

No, no, no!  Don't you know the right has a list of who we can and cannot comment about?

Ignore the Nazis...they'll probably just give up and go away.

Complain about the players kneeling because they are disrupting the very fabric of the nation and must be shamed now!

Mellow
In a related story, of the couple hundred carpetbagging bigots that showed up in August, a study found that they came from around 35 different states. Mostly east coast, but some even from Alaska.
(10-10-2017, 11:14 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: In a related story, of the couple hundred carpetbagging bigots that showed up in August, a study found that they came from around 35 different states. Mostly east coast, but some even from Alaska.

Alaska was part of the confederacy...right?   Ninja
(10-10-2017, 11:13 AM)GMDino Wrote: No, no, no!  Don't you know the right has a list of who we can and cannot comment about?

Ignore the Nazis...they'll probably just give up and go away.

Complain about the players kneeling because they are disrupting the very fabric of the nation and must be shamed now!

Mellow

Except they showed them on national tv every week.  

(10-10-2017, 11:38 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Except they showed them on national tv every week.  

Well the media is a bunch of liberals.  I'm talking about redblooded conservatives that know what is best for the country.   Mellow
I meant Michael Bennett in my post. I unintentionally slandered my number 1 fantasy WR, and fellow Buckeye Michael Thomas, who is surely a very respectful, and upstanding young man.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021