Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
“Welcome to the end of democracy."
When they say the quiet part out loud

At CPAC, noted right-wing commentator announced Jack Posobiec the goal to end democracy.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I don't get it ... It wasn't antifa in 2020 ?

You better take these guys very serioulsy, they have no limit.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
They'll probably chant 1776 while they do it, too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2024, 09:30 AM)pally Wrote: When they say the quiet part out loud

At CPAC, noted right-wing commentator announced Jack Posobiec the goal to end democracy.  

I have never heard of the guy. Is it possible he is a right wing nut job like the squad are left wing nut jobs, far right are not the party of Trump and far left are not the party of Biden.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Jesus. Do we get to vote for the end of democracy?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2024, 01:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Jesus. Do we get to vote for the end of democracy?

No, sorry.  It's god's will.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
So, I watched the clip and it came off to me that he was mocking the claims from the left that they want to end democracy. Essentially, that such claims are hysterical. I don't know who that guy is though, so maybe he was being serious.

Do you know who he is, Pally?

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2024, 01:51 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So, I watched the clip and it came off to me that he was mocking the claims from the left that they want to end democracy.  Essentially, that such claims are hysterical.  I don't know who that guy is though, so maybe he was being serious.

Whoever he is, the jokes on him.  We're not a pure democracy anyway, we're a Democratic Republic.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2024, 02:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Whoever he is, the jokes on him.  We're not a pure democracy anyway, we're a Democratic Republic.

So few know why, and how, there's a difference.  If you watched it, did you get the impression he was being serious?

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2024, 11:52 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have never heard of the guy. Is it possible he is a right wing nut job like the squad are left wing nut jobs, far right are not the party of Trump and far left are not the party of Biden.

He's the guy who pushed Pizzagate and really enjoys the company of white nationalists.

Also he's speaking at CPAC.  P01135809 will headline the event Saturday.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/cpac-live-conference-speakers-2024-b2500638.html

I have to admit I get a kick out of all the people who are so tuned into to politics and then when someone makes a stupid comment (even in jest) they "never heard of the guy".
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2024, 02:17 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So few know why, and how, there's a difference.  If you watched it, did you get the impression he was being serious?

Sounded like he was saying it sarcastically, as if to mock the notion that Jan 6 was an attempt to "overthrow the democracy".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2024, 02:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: He's the guy who pushed Pizzagate and really enjoys the company of white nationalists.

I didn't see anything in your link about white nationalists.  What is a white nationalist anyway?  A white person who is also a nationalist?

Quote:Also he's speaking at CPAC.  P01135809 will headline the event Saturday.

Yes, that was made clear in the OP.

Quote:https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/cpac-live-conference-speakers-2024-b2500638.html

I have to admit I get a kick out of all the people who are so tuned into to politics and then when someone makes a stupid comment (even in jest) they "never heard of the guy".

I do enjoy how often you whine about others telling you how you feel, or what you meant, but have zero issue insinuating that people are lying about things as inane as this.  At least be man enough to just say it.  Ask yourself this, what would anyone gain from such a lie?  I hate to be the one to tell you this, but this sub-forum isn't as important a part of everyone else's life as it appears to be for you.

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2024, 02:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sounded like he was saying it sarcastically, as if to mock the notion that Jan 6 was an attempt to "overthrow the democracy".

Yeah, that seemed to be very much the case to me as well.  How knows though, maybe he meant it?  Regardless, it provided the perfect opportunity to paint conservatives as wanting to overthrow our government, so it absolutely should have been posted as such.

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2024, 01:51 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So, I watched the clip and it came off to me that he was mocking the claims from the left that they want to end democracy. Essentially, that such claims are hysterical. I don't know who that guy is though, so maybe he was being serious.

Former naval intelligence officer turned right wing commentator on OANN. Prominent enough conservative to regularly appear on Steve Brannon’s show and be the opening speaker at CPAC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2024, 01:51 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So, I watched the clip and it came off to me that he was mocking the claims from the left that they want to end democracy.  Essentially, that such claims are hysterical.  I don't know who that guy is though, so maybe he was being serious.

It's one of those "This is a joke, but it's seriously what I want" statements. I can't be the only dude here who has "jokingly" asked a gf if she would think it'd be totally funny and silly to bring another female into the bedroom.

Anyways, as much as we can pretend this guy is a fringe nut there is a chance he gets what he wants soon.

(02-23-2024, 02:17 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: If you watched it, did you get the impression he was being serious?

Yes, conservatives aren't known for their humor but I don't know this guy is he a comedian of some sort?  The thin veil of "it's a joke, bro lighten up" has been used for many things.  Also, Trump himself admitted 1/6 was an insurrection insofar as he followed up by saying it was Nancy Pelosi/Nimroda Rawhanada's fault so meh, there are times when "jokes" aren't so funny.  Or maybe this guy really is the Carrot Head of the RNC and it's all a funny ass joke.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2024, 02:31 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I didn't see anything in your link about white nationalists.  What is a white nationalist anyway?  A white person who is also a nationalist?

https://www.splcenter.org/splc-investigation-far-right-oann-anchor-jack-posobiecs-rise-tied-white-supremacist-movement

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/bumble-dating-app-jack-posobiec-alt-right-leader-whit-nationalist-hate-speech-racism-a8178091.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/08/15/trump-retweets-right-wing-provocateur-known-for-pushing-false-conspiracy-theories/

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-far-right-american-nationalist-who-tweeted-macronleaks

https://americasvoice.org/blog/cpac-to-display-the-conspiratorial-white-nationalism-rotting-the-gop-from-the-inside-out/

(02-23-2024, 02:31 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yes, that was made clear in the OP.

I do enjoy how often you whine about others telling you how you feel, or what you meant, but have zero issue insinuating that people are lying about things as inane as this.  At least be man enough to just say it.  Ask yourself this, what would anyone gain from such a lie?  I hate to be the one to tell you this, but this sub-forum isn't as important a part of everyone else's life as it appears to be for you.

A guy like Jack has been around for quite a while and is quite high-profile in right-wing circles. More people should know who he is. I never said anyone lied about not knowing...just that I found it amusing.

I mean you're telling me what I meant after you tell me I "whine" about it. I meant I find it funny that people claim they know a lot about politics and claim to hate the extremist in both parties but don't know who those people are. Or when stupid thing like this goes viral someone will come along later and say they never even heard it. We're all pretty in tune around here, some more than others, and given the number or posts and replies I'd say there's a solid group who make this sub-forum a pretty "important" part of their day if that's word you want to use. Personally I really enjoy reading it on and off all day. Helps pass the time along with listening to the radio, working, skimming other social media sites.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2024, 02:51 PM)pally Wrote: Former naval intelligence officer turned right wing commentator on OANN.  Prominent enough conservative to regularly appear on Steve Brannon’s show and be the opening speaker at CPAC.

Right, he's at CPAC, he's not exactly standing on the corner with his pants around his ankles and a handmade sign outlining this stuff.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2024, 02:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Whoever he is, the jokes on him.  We're not a pure democracy anyway, we're a Democratic Republic.

(02-23-2024, 02:17 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So few know why, and how, there's a difference.  If you watched it, did you get the impression he was being serious?

Even fewer know that democracy and republic actually mean the same thing and the idea that there is a difference is really just an invention of James Madison and is not really accurate. More appropriately, what we have would be called a representative democracy. Or, if you are a Dahl enthusiast, we could discuss the concepts of polyarchies.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2024, 02:32 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yeah, that seemed to be very much the case to me as well.  How knows though, maybe he meant it?  Regardless, it provided the perfect opportunity to paint conservatives as wanting to overthrow our government, so it absolutely should have been posted as such.

Conservatives, no. They do not deserve to be painted as such in their entirety. But CPAC specifically, these folks are increasingly suspicious and I find nothing wrong with stating as much. Just for underlying it with an example of many, whoever hangs around with Orban, praises illiberate democracies and lets all kinds of extremists speak at their conventions might not be a force for democracy.

As for Mr. Posobiec, he is one of these agent provocateurs it seems, someone always tiptoeing the line and banking on the benefit of the doubt time and again as kind of a publicity and business model - see Dino's links for example. Like uh, ah, the things I stated might not have been a slur, might not have been a white supremacy code, might not have been antisemitism, might just be trolling, you can not definitely prove otherwise, so stop your hate. But at the same time all the actual white supremacists, racists, antisemites and nazis sure take these codes as proof he is just one of them and usually, types like Mr. Posobiec are well aware of that.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2024, 11:52 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have never heard of the guy. Is it possible he is a right wing nut job like the squad are left wing nut jobs, far right are not the party of Trump and far left are not the party of Biden.

[Image: Fn4oPZOXkAEHocn.jpg]

Pizzagate master, married to a belarus, right wing influencer, Trump supporter since day 1 ? Religious fool who speaks with a crucible in his hands to show off ? 

OMG always the same puzzle pieces. What could that mean ? 

Even in my 3rd world country, I know him. And republicans know him either because he won't be in the CPAC right ?

What's next ? You don't know the Pillow guy ? Infowars and all the complete nutjobs who does the same propaganda as you do ? 

Lying is a sin. But one less, one more ... 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote