Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
“Wives Should Respect Husbands, Not Tell Them How to Be Better” – Kirk Cameron
(05-03-2016, 12:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: That is all part of open communication...versus being told god told me not to and just be quiet.

Next time you have some of that open communication, do us a favor and post it on youtube. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-03-2016, 12:46 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I perceived it as not demoralizing the husband (again he's referring to the male condition, as he identifies).
Telling a person what to do does nothing but create animosity.

With the "regardless of how their spouse is treating them", I'm seeing this including both parties and suggesting they turn the other cheek, setting an example for one another.

All well and good to see it differently. That is what I would expect a sane person to do.

However that is still not what he said:

Quote:“Wives are to honor and respect and follow their husband’s lead, not to tell their husband how he ought to be a better husband. When each person gets their part right, regardless of how their spouse is treating them, there is hope for real change in their marriage… A lot of people don’t know that marriage comes with instructions. And, we find them right there in God’s word.”

(05-03-2016, 12:46 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Fwiw... I think Cameron is a dork and I'm attempting to defend this out of boredom.

Oh, he's an idiot who cannot deviate from his "beliefs".

Truly this was low hanging fruit...but I knew someone would defend him. Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-03-2016, 12:48 PM)Griever Wrote: he really doesnt

Then why does my wife keep screaming his name ?
(05-03-2016, 12:52 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Next time you have some of that open communication, do us a favor and post it on youtube.  LOL

My wife and I *have* had discussions about stuff like this.  You don't just start yelling about how they can be "better".  But if a husband and wife can't talk about each other's faults and how they are treating each other it's not a marriage that will last anyway.

Well, unless you are a submissive woman following the word of god and not being demanding of your husband...the leader.

*cough*Duggars *cough*

Smirk
(05-03-2016, 12:54 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh, he's an idiot who cannot deviate from his "beliefs".

Truly this was low hanging fruit...but I knew someone would defend him. Smirk

I know damn well you can see me down here, from the curb.
Tongue
(05-03-2016, 12:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: My wife and I *have* had discussions about stuff like this.  You don't just start yelling about how they can be "better".  But if a husband and wife can't talk about each other's faults and how they are treating each other it's not a marriage that will last anyway.

Well, unless you are a submissive woman following the word of god and not being demanding of your husband...the leader.

*cough*Duggars *cough*

Smirk

Our open communication consists of her talking and me listening.  Or at least pretending to.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-03-2016, 02:17 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Our open communication consists of her talking and me listening.  Or at least pretending to.  

You need to make her read the bible.   Ninja
I am willing to submit to authority.

PM me for details.
(05-03-2016, 12:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: My wife and I *have* had discussions about stuff like this.  You don't just start yelling about how they can be "better".  But if a husband and wife can't talk about each other's faults and how they are treating each other it's not a marriage that will last anyway.

Well, unless you are a submissive man following the word of his wife and not being demanding of your wife...the leader.
Fixed it for you. Tell me I'm wrong!

Smirk
(05-03-2016, 04:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am willing to submit to authority.

PM me for details.

[Image: Smiley-Hood.png]