Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
0-5 within the division let that sink in!
I'm sick to my stomach living in Baltimore with a diehard core of afc north fanatics;they won't let me dismiss the fact that we're winless in the division and honestly I can't blame them..I have a cousin that's a steelers fan I wouldn't answer her calls after the game because I had to cool down 1st, but her words were damn cuz are yall win any afc north game any time soon??

That hurt like a gut punch,but to twist the knife even deeper she said you guys have a college football defense ;she said I know we got 2 easy wins next year smdh..I knew the defense was bad but I didn't know we was this bad, bengals fans I don't think this is a quick fix unfortunately..
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 04:23 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: I'm sick to my stomach living in Baltimore with a diehard core of afc north fanatics;they won't let me dismiss the fact that we're winless in the division and honestly I can't blame them..I have a cousin that's a steelers fan I wouldn't answer her calls after the game because I had to cool down 1st, but her words were damn cuz are yall win any afc north game any time soon??

That hurt like a gut punch,but to twist the knife even deeper she said you guys have a college football defense ;she said I know we got 2 easy wins next year smdh..I knew the defense was bad but I didn't know we was this bad, bengals fans I don't think this is a quick fix unfortunately..

We are not good vs the Ravens or the Browns. The Steelers are the only ones our record doesn't look silly (3-2 with Burrow). We only have 1 win vs Lamar (1-5) and 1 win vs the Browns (1-5) with Burrow.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We've been pretty good for these past 3 seasons. Yet we're 7-10 in the AFC North across those, and that includes 2 division wins. We're a very good team when everyone is healthy and a SB contender, but the AFCN teams aren't a good matchup for us.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 09:24 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: We've been pretty good for these past 3 seasons. Yet we're 7-10 in the AFC North across those, and that includes 2 division wins. We're a very good team when everyone is healthy and a SB contender, but the AFCN teams aren't a good matchup for us.

AFC North is a bad match up for the entire league. TJ Watt and Myles Garrett ruin offensive game plans. The Ravens don't have the premier pass rusher but they have a variety and rotate through them all. Bengals are still inconsistent in the trenches on offense and the DL took a step back this year now with Reader hurt BJ Hill is playing nose tackle and it went as well as everyone expects. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The Bengals D doesn't currently belong in the AFC-N, they don't have that identity. Burrow just covers it up, healthy Burrow and they're in the playoffs trying to drag this D to the superbowl somehow. Also there are other problems we have that the rest of them don't, like a shitty punter who can't flip the field or pin teams. There was a Steelers game earlier this year they almost had 2 safeties, I can't even imagine getting 1 on our team lol.

Late into this season they were averaging giving up 8-10 explosive plays per game, just 1 of those plays can end your superbowl run in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 04:23 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: I'm sick to my stomach living in Baltimore with a diehard core of afc north fanatics;they won't let me dismiss the fact that we're winless in the division and honestly I can't blame them..I have a cousin that's a steelers fan I wouldn't answer her calls after the game because I had to cool down 1st, but her words were damn cuz are yall win any afc north game any time soon??

I live in Cleveland, at least somehow they're not delirious that Flacco will take them to the superbowl whereas I think he could lol. Browns Defense when healthy can take over the game.
Reply/Quote

Really, you wouldn't take your cousin's call? DO you play for the Bengals? Does she play for the Stealers? It's professional sports, you are taking it way too seriously.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 10:02 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The Bengals D doesn't currently belong in the AFC-N, they don't have that identity. Burrow just covers it up, healthy Burrow and they're in the playoffs trying to drag this D to the superbowl somehow. Also there are other problems we have that the rest of them don't, like a shitty punter who can't flip the field or pin teams. There was a Steelers game earlier this year they almost had 2 safeties, I can't even imagine getting 1 on our team lol.

Late into this season they were averaging giving up 8-10 explosive plays per game, just 1 of those plays can end your superbowl run in the playoffs.

I defense has been the biggest part of our playoff runs the last 2 years. Your not gonna lose some key parts without taking a step back. When the offense isn't scoring its only gonna make this defense look worse. Look at the Steelers they're defense started looking alot better when we were down a couple of scores. But yeah we will definitely need some additions to improve our defense for next year.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 10:50 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I defense has been the biggest part of our playoff runs the last 2 years. Your not gonna lose some key parts without taking a step back. When the offense isn't scoring its only gonna make this defense look worse. Look at the Steelers they're defense started looking alot better when we were down a couple of scores. But yeah we will definitely need some additions to improve our defense for next year.

This is also a lot of them's 1st or 2nd season, and they will only get better. Everybody is creaming about losing Bates now, but they forget "pouting" Jessie was mostly bad during the season and good in the playoffs. 
Reply/Quote
if we have to choose, I'd say play better in the playoffs, if you can even get there though lol
Reply/Quote
Both Tomlin and Pickens had a difficult week leading up to this, and we literally let them both off the hook.
Reply/Quote
[Image: da0fvqF.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 10:52 AM)Sled21 Wrote: This is also a lot of them's 1st or 2nd season, and they will only get better. Everybody is creaming about losing Bates now, but they forget "pouting" Jessie was mostly bad during the season and good in the playoffs. 

That's why I said maybe a throw away year might be ok. Get burned, then learn. Burrow was healthy for like 6 hours. We have the last gasp of Mixon's time here. Not on some fan boy delirium here. I see no reason, with a few upgrades, the AFC championship game is possible again.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote

First game with Cleveland Burrow was maybe 65% and Burrow no preseason work. Second game against the Ravens Burrow is maybe 75% against a SB team. Still little preseason work interfering but barely lose. Third game against the Ravens again. We go up 10-7 then Joe is knocked out for the season. Fourth game Jake’s first as starter we lose 16-10. Fifth game Jake throws 3 INT. and we play poorly on defense.

What am I missing?
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
A loss to the stains* would ensure our third golden turd in franchise history...ALL under the guidance of Mikey Brown.

1993 AFC Central
0-2 vs Titans
0-2 vs Steelers
0-2 vs Browns

2002 AFC North
0-2 vs Steelers
0-2 vs Browns
0-2 vs Ravens

2023 AFC North
0-2 vs Ravens
0-2 vs Browns*
0-2 vs Steelers
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 12:36 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: First game with Cleveland Burrow was maybe 65% and Burrow no preseason work. Second game against the Ravens  Burrow is maybe 75% against a SB team. Still little preseason work interfering but barely lose. Third game against the Ravens again. We go up 10-7 then Joe is knocked out for the season. Fourth game Jake’s first as starter we lose 16-10. Fifth game Jake throws 3 INT. and we play poorly on defense.

What am I missing?

and we all assume Burrow comes back to his old self after this freak injury which has a 4 to 6 month recovery in his throwing arm???
its reality check in offseason. If im a FA considering Bengals my main concern is if Burrow will be back 100 % to start season...and thats really muddy right now to me
Reply/Quote
0-5, and not a single one with a healthy Joe Burrow.

Can't take much away from it this year.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 12:44 PM)kalibengal Wrote: and we all assume Burrow comes back to his old self after this freak injury which has a 4 to 6 month recovery in his throwing arm???
its reality check in offseason. If im a FA considering Bengals my main concern is if Burrow will be back 100 % to start season...and thats really muddy right now to me

I don’t think you need to worry about free agents being scared off because of Burrow’s injury. I don’t know a major position of need on offense that’s going to require a FA. Nobody medically seems to think the wrist injury is not a long term worry.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 12:07 PM)Destro Wrote: That's why I said maybe a throw away year might be ok. Get burned, then learn. Burrow was healthy for like 6 hours. We have the last gasp of Mixon's time here. Not on some fan boy delirium here. I see no reason, with a few upgrades, the AFC championship game is possible again.

Right, are the KC boards wanting to blow everything up because they are having a tougher year? 
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 01:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Right, are the KC boards wanting to blow everything up because they are having a tougher year? 

They have on of the rare healthy starting QBs in 2023 and he's a healthy QB who has 2 SB rings, to boot.  If I know NFL fanbases outside of my own, being in that situation puts you in a "expect the best until you see otherwise" mentality.  

Right now I think the AFC playoff picture is:

Dolphins/Ravens - got to find that extra gear for the playoffs
Bills - getting Josh Allen hot at the right time
Chiefs - stay the course, don't botch the NFL wanting you to win it all so Taylor Swift can blah blah blah
Steelers - oh crap, Rudolph and Tomlin are going to get extensions now
Jaguars - make it into the playoffs with Trevor Lawrence somewhat alive
Browns/Colts - playing with backup QB swag and nothing to lose

I had the Bengals in the same category as the Browns and Colts until they laid an egg in Picksburgh.  7 AFC playoff teams are going to either be based around riding a proven franchise QB or doing the impossible with a backup.  We still have an outside chance to get the 7th slot and it'll be right back to the idea that we can clearly go into Jacksonville and win and from there, who knows.
Reply/Quote