Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
02 June 2017 Employment Situation Summary

According to the link in the OP, 7000 mining jobs were created in May.

Good chance some were coal mining jobs. Thanks President Trump.

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/319938-trump-signs-bill-undoing-obama-coal-mining-rule
(06-03-2017, 07:47 PM)Vlad Wrote:  
According to the link in the OP, 7000 mining jobs were created in May.

Good chance some were coal mining jobs. Thanks President Trump.

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/319938-trump-signs-bill-undoing-obama-coal-mining-rule

My hope is Trump finally does something really great for the unemployed whalers.
(06-03-2017, 02:27 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: The number of good jobs will continue to decline as technology improves.

The wage gap is one of if not the biggest problem of our country. One Obama tried to fix but made worse and a problem invisible to Trump.

Greed is ruining this country. And the fatal flaws of capitalism will become more apparent as the # of jobs capable of supporting a family decline.

Technology is partly responsible for fewer jobs--in some sectors of the economy, like manufacture.

But it's not the only or even the main cause of the wealth gap.

Far more important are innovations in business organization, which increase owners/stockholders ability to extract more profit from the same work or to harvest profit from increased productivity while keeping wages the same.

Add to this legal "innovations" like those in patent law, which allow corporations to reap profits for decades.

This is not a problem government can fix, except by redistributing wealth.  Not likely to happen in a country where so many working people think Republicans are listening to them and the Democrats aren't.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-03-2017, 08:59 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: My hope is Trump finally does something really great for the unemployed whalers.

What about buggy whip makers? You have to admit, they've been taking it on the chin for a long time! Carburetor makers, coon skin cap makers, and oil lamp makers could all also use a champion!
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Thread of the day.

Until such time as there is a thread of the day song, I honor this thread with the stat of the day song.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.