Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1-15-1
These numbers say it all..........

This is Zac's record on the road in his 3 years.............1 freaking win.........not sure how you defend this atrocity......
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 11:03 AM)corpjet Wrote: These numbers say it all..........

This is Zac's record on the road in his 3 years.............1 freaking win.........not sure how you defend this atrocity......

Is there anyone that is still defending him aside from those on the team?
Reply/Quote
I'm just patiently waiting for the day he is fired.
Reply/Quote

I don't think anyone defends it. Some can look and see some bright things, things that can be built upon - optimists, if you will (although the number of these people gets smaller and smaller every week) - but I don't think anyone defends Zac's record.

And considering that absolutely NONE of us has any say in who the coaches are, we are left with either being miserable and hoping for the best or being miserable and trying to make everyone else miserable too.  ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 11:06 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't think anyone defends it. Some can look and see some bright things, things that can be built upon - optimists, if you will (although the number of these people gets smaller and smaller every week) - but I don't think anyone defends Zac's record.

And considering that absolutely NONE of us has any say in who the coaches are, we are left with either being miserable and hoping for the best or being miserable and trying to make everyone else miserable too.  ThumbsUp
If not for Katie trying to defend her selection to her daddy....he would be long gone as a swirlie down the bowl by now. 
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 11:15 AM)kalibengal Wrote: If not for Katie trying to defend her selection to her daddy....he would be long gone as a swirlie down the bowl by now. 

I don't think Mike Brown is running things anymore and considering that the last 2 offseasons, we've actually gone after quite a few non-Bengal free agents (more than we usually do), I feel confident that if Zac Taylor ends up with anything less than 7 or 8 wins, he'll be let go.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 11:04 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Is there anyone that is still defending him aside from those on the team?

those numbers are starting to dwindle already with QB and WR1 calling him out
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 11:06 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't think anyone defends it. Some can look and see some bright things, things that can be built upon - optimists, if you will (although the number of these people gets smaller and smaller every week) - but I don't think anyone defends Zac's record.

only bright side....   Is it will be harder for him to get worse on the road.
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor should've never been hired his resume wasn't anything special to begin with..probably one of the most under qualified hires in recent history..
Reply/Quote

You don't defend that... You fire that. I wonder what his record is in the division.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 11:05 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm just patiently waiting for the day he is fired.

Bengals bye week is Week 10. If Taylor only gets 2 more wins (or less) within the next 7 games, he may get let go by then.
You'd think though that the Bengals would be able to pick up wins at least against the Jets, Lions, and maybe Jags though, which would put them at 4-5 going into the bye.

With that said, the second half of the season is going to be brutal.
Raiders, Steelers, Chargers, 49ers, Broncos, Ravens, Chiefs, Browns.
I would be surprised if there's more than 2 wins in the 2nd half.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 02:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Bengals bye week is Week 10. If Taylor only gets 2 more wins (or less) within the next 7 games, he may get let go by then.
You'd think though that the Bengals would be able to pick up wins at least against the Jets, Lions, and maybe Jags though, which would put them at 4-5 going into the bye.

With that said, the second half of the season is going to be brutal.
Raiders, Steelers, Chargers, 49ers, Broncos, Ravens, Chiefs, Browns.
I would be surprised if there's more than 2 wins in the 2nd half.

I mean, even if we're relatively successful this year I think he should be fired. He is just not a good coach. He isn't creative as a playcaller, he doesn't adjust to what the opponent's defense is doing, he doesn't create easy throws and catches for his players, he schemes really shitty blocking schemes. If we are successful in spite of him, that isn't justification, in my opinion, to keep him.

If they fired him today, I'd be over the moon. There's just no coming back from what happened in that Bears game. 

Unfortunately, we know this isn't how ownership feels.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 11:17 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't think Mike Brown is running things anymore and considering that the last 2 offseasons, we've actually gone after quite a few non-Bengal free agents (more than we usually do), I feel confident that if Zac Taylor ends up with anything less than 7 or 8 wins, he'll be let go.

What is comical is how no one really knows who's in charge anymore.  All I know is Mike Brown is still in the office and still making plenty of team statements when need be.  While I do believe Katie has some input, MB's fingerprints are all over the ZT hire as you know he had to come really cheap.  I'm willing to bet he has plenty of input still as he has not indicated that he has stepped down in any way.  But yes, the offseason signings are puzzling as we know Mike Brown changes little in how he operates.

I think the silver lining in all of this is that Mike Brown has made 2 in-season coaching changes in the past (Coslet for Shula and LeBeau for Coslet).  He may just pull the trigger if we start going down the tubes again.
It's just a lot to ask of the fans to endure ZT if he continues to add to his abysmal coaching record.  I'm not saying it would fix things, but it would signal that the team isn't willing to just give up on the season because hiring a replacement head coach is hard.

This week's game will be very telling.  A vulnerable Steelers team should not rout us, but if they do, this will be the beginning of the end for ZT.
A win for ZT this week changes everything and is the most important game of the year, in my opinion.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 02:26 PM)jason Wrote: You don't defend that... You fire that. I wonder what his record is in the division.

2-10

1-5 each season
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 02:26 PM)jason Wrote: You don't defend that... You fire that. I wonder what his record is in the division.

I think he only has the one win over pitt in the Finley game.

*Xeno is correct, he also has 1 win against the Browns with Dalton to close out his first season.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow is yet to win a road game so does anything really change with this team?
I am just apathetic about the whole head coaching position. We all want Zac gone but then whoever replaces him will also fail, then we will call for his head and the cycle continues.

Just one loss but I have a feeling that this is going to be the same old same old for the foreseeable future. It doesn’t seem to matter what players they get the results are always disappointing. I really hope they surprise me this year because any optimism I had for this team is gone.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 02:37 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I mean, even if we're relatively successful this year I think he should be fired. He is just not a good coach. He isn't creative as a playcaller, he doesn't adjust to what the opponent's defense is doing, he doesn't create easy throws and catches for his players, he schemes really shitty blocking schemes. If we are successful in spite of him, that isn't justification, in my opinion, to keep him.

If they fired him today, I'd be over the moon. There's just no coming back from what happened in that Bears game. 

Unfortunately, we know this isn't how ownership feels.

Yea, I doubt Mike Brown would let Taylor go midseason.
However, I could see him forcing Taylor to give playcalling duties to Callahan by the bye week.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 03:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yea, I doubt Mike Brown would let Taylor go midseason.
However, I could see him forcing Taylor to give playcalling duties to Callahan by the bye week.

in the past i would have agreed... But recently we have fired a DC mid season and OC...    We dont really lose much firing Zach mid season.   other than whatever we have to pay out on his contract but that would be worth it too..
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 02:53 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Joe Burrow is yet to win a road game so does anything really change with this team?
I am just apathetic about the whole head coaching position. We all want Zac gone but then whoever replaces him will also fail, then we will call for his head and the cycle continues.

Just one loss but I have a feeling that this is going to be the same old same old for the foreseeable future.  It doesn’t seem to matter what players they get the results are always disappointing. I really hope they surprise me this year because any optimism I had for this team is gone.

It all starts with the ownership. Look at the Reds, look at the Bengals, look at the other terrible NFL and MLB franchises. 

When ownership commits to winning, they hire smart football people to run the team, GM's, scouts, analytical people. Then those smart people, hire and draft the correct players. When a meddlng old sack of monkey crap who thinks he is a football guru like his dad was is determined to do it "his way" and outsmart the league and prove to everyone he is so smart, you get the steaming pile of crap that is the 90's and last half decade.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 03:02 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: in the past i would have agreed... But recently we have fired a DC mid season and OC...    We dont really lose much firing Zach mid season.   other than whatever we have to pay out on his contract but that would be worth it too..

If Taylor was just the OC, I'd agree midseason, which is also why I think he could be forced to give up playcalling duties.
But the last time the Bengals fired a HC midseason was Dave Shula 25 years ago.
And Shula had a better record than Taylor.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote