Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1-15-1
Tiger

Zac will keep his job.9/22/21
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 06:15 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: We can ***** all we want, but we know he's not going to go anywhere.

Interim coaches aren't all that grand, anyways.  If we fire ZT and promote one of our "no way he should legimately be a HC" coordinators then we'll probably win 2 games with him and then he will be our HC going into 2022 and we'll be back on a plan to waste 3 years and that'll eat up Burrow's rookie contract.

Sunny disposition, I know, but come on...you know I'm being sensible here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Tiger

I wouldn't post anything like this! Ever
Its never going to be 1-15 & 1! OK
Bish
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 06:09 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: That would be just crazy if they lose to the Jaguars, who have dropped 17 straight, soon to be 18 after the Cardinals game this weekend.

If we get blown out by the Steelers, I think it sets the stage for the ZT's departure.  There's no reason we shouldn't play a good game against them unless he calls another terrible game like last week.  

No I don't expect us to lose to the Jags but if we did lose the next 2 weeks that would have me wanting us to fire Taylor. But otherwise I'd rather wait to fire him until after the season. I agree with you on the Steelers game from a talent stand point we should be right there with the Steelers. So if we end up losing by a substantial margin or just don't get anything going offensively then I think the writing should be on the wall for Taylor.
Reply/Quote
I dont know what to say..

It has always been said that Mike only cares about money, for example.

But he should understand at this point that only players like Burrow can increase revenue and success, not Zac. People like Burrow do not grow on trees ..., it is rare to get a talent like him in our ranks, very rare.

There is no choice but to throw Zac out, because he will ruin Burrow's career and throw the team back many, many years if he is allowed to continue. 9 sacks allready..???

This is complete madness, if this is allowed to continue.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 06:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Interim coaches aren't all that grand, anyways.  If we fire ZT and promote one of our "no way he should legimately be a HC" coordinators then we'll probably win 2 games with him and then he will be our HC going into 2022 and we'll be back on a plan to waste 3 years and that'll eat up Burrow's rookie contract.

Good point.  Now, about that gif in your avatar!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 06:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Interim coaches aren't all that grand, anyways.  If we fire ZT and promote one of our "no way he should legimately be a HC" coordinators then we'll probably win 2 games with him and then he will be our HC going into 2022 and we'll be back on a plan to waste 3 years and that'll eat up Burrow's rookie contract.

This is usually the case with this team but I would not mind seeing how Simmons would do as a HC. He seems to always have good ST units and has a lot of NFL experience. Maybe try something new and hire a ST guy as HC. It worked for Baltimore…
Reply/Quote
I think Zac is on a shorter leash than some of us realize. Mike Brown didn't give him a glowing endorsement during the offseason conference. Even some of the beat guys have speculated/suggested that Zac won't make it a full season if the team continues to struggle. I can see the FO pulling the plug on Zac and give Simmons a shot to see if he can become the top guy or we completely clean house after this season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 01:19 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I think Zac is on a shorter leash than some of us realize. Mike Brown didn't give him a glowing endorsement during the offseason conference. Even some of the beat guys have speculated/suggested that Zac won't make it a full season if the team continues to struggle. I can see the FO pulling the plug on Zac and give Simmons a shot to see if he can become the top guy or we completely clean house after this season.

Bring back Merv!
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 06:58 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Bring back Merv!

You know something? I'm not entirely opposed to Marvin. If the choice is Zac or Marv it's definitely Marv.

I do feel a slight bit of sympathy for Zac... it has to suck to have the national media telling the world you're a moron.  Other than that he still needs fired.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 07:31 AM)grampahol Wrote: You know something? I'm not entirely opposed to Marvin. If the choice is Zac or Marv it's definitely Marv.

I do feel a slight bit of sympathy for Zac... it has to suck to have the national media telling the world you're a moron.  Other than that he still needs fired.

That's why I didn't add a sarcasm ninja.  I'm being semi-serious.  
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 01:19 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I think Zac is on a shorter leash than some of us realize. Mike Brown didn't give him a glowing endorsement during the offseason conference. Even some of the beat guys have speculated/suggested that Zac won't make it a full season if the team continues to struggle. I can see the FO pulling the plug on Zac and give Simmons a shot to see if he can become the top guy or we completely clean house after this season.

i havent understood why more ST's guys havent gotten legit shots as Head Coaches around the league.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 06:15 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: We can ***** all we want, but we know he's not going to go anywhere.

Lose 2 in a row and the stadium will look worse than the stadium looked last season with COVID in its prime. Ninja
Reply/Quote

People who say this are not paying much attention to Bengal history.

It has been over two decades since a Bengal Head coach returned after 3 straight losing seasons.  And Mike Brown had not opened up his purse strings to give any of those coaches $150 million in free agents.   Giving Taylor all those expensive free agents has put a lot more pressure on him to win. 
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 09:29 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: i havent understood why more ST's guys havent gotten legit shots as Head Coaches around the league.

I agree.

In a copycat league like the NFL you would think a lot of teams would be looking for the next John Harbaugh.
Reply/Quote