Poll: Is it okay for Christian conservatives to steal?
This poll is closed.
Yes
11.11%
1 11.11%
No
88.89%
8 88.89%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Illegal TV Streams Compatible with Conservative/Christian Values?
(09-28-2015, 02:03 PM)Au165 Wrote: This is not a Christian issue, but a human race issue. It is seen often in religion when deciding which rules to follow and which to explain away, but the reality is it happens to everyone in every day life. Reasoning is one of mans greatest traits, but also one of our biggest downfalls. The idea of moral relativity is alive and well with pretty much everyone as every day people who consider themselves law abiding citizens speed, or text and drive, or maybe don't claim everything on a tax form they should, or lie about their kids age at a restaurant. Most will explain away these offenses as petty, but the reality is they are laws that are being broken. I am by no means a religious person, but I am not sure it makes someone with "Conservative Christian Values" any worse than you or me, as we should all strive to follow all laws.

It's not really the law.  It is not immoral to disobey the law by itself.  It's just a lot of our laws address things that are also immoral.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-28-2015, 02:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It's not really the law.  It is not immoral to disobey the law by itself.  It's just a lot of our laws address things that are also immoral.  

Missed the point a bit, but I don't want to hijack the thread. Bottom line someones view on minor offenses (Not necessarily laws, maybe rules) does not make anyone a bad person or bad "insert religion" it is just a natural human function of explaining minor things away.
(09-28-2015, 11:47 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: Islam blah blah

Where did you get this dumb notion that I am pro-Islam? Because Ann Coulter told you that the "libroolz" love Muslim terrorists or something?

Also, how come everything you have said in this thread is completely off-topic? Perhaps you should start your own thread on the topic of Islam and I will be happy to share my views on it there.
(09-28-2015, 01:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I said in my first response, nothing is being "stolen" by streaming a free broadcast; regardless how hard the OP tries to make it appear so. Sometimes, you just have to recognize who you are dealing with and just disengage.

Now if a person streams premium content or rebroadcasting for profit; then you can consider that person to be stealing.

And until you're prepared to e-mail the FBI or, hell, even just the NFL and let them know what you did Sunday, it's apparent that you know your claim is horse shit.

"Do as I say, not as I do." The eternal calling card of your entire religious and political philosophy.
(09-28-2015, 04:56 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: Well duh, no kidding since 83% of Americans identify themselves as Christians...and I'd venture to say that most of those don't even practice their faith, sre Christian in name only.

You forgot persecuted by the other 17%.
(09-28-2015, 11:11 AM)Donnyho Wrote: actually, it's not really that simple. From this article in the International Business Times:

Steaming is kind of weird.  The person providing the stream is obviously on the wrong side of the law.  But the person watching said stream isn't really doing anything that is technically illegal. 

If you are watching the stream on your computer at home aren't you downloading the stream?
(09-28-2015, 11:47 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: You do realize that Muslims also believe that there lives a Wizard in the sky

Do you and StLucie realize Muslims, Christians, and Jews share the same Wizard in the sky?
(09-28-2015, 06:24 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If you are watching the stream on your computer at home aren't you downloading the stream?

No. Steaming and downloading are different.
(09-28-2015, 04:28 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: And until you're prepared to e-mail the FBI or, hell, even just the NFL and let them know what you did Sunday, it's apparent that you know your claim is horse shit.

"Do as I say, not as I do." The eternal calling card of your entire religious and political philosophy.

Send an email then....... are you just gonna yap all day little doggie..... Or you gonna finally bite.
(09-28-2015, 07:12 PM)Donnyho Wrote: No. Steaming and downloading are different.

Thanks.
(09-28-2015, 08:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Send an email then....... are you just gonna yap all day little doggie..... Or you gonna finally bite.

This is exactly how the Bible says you're supposed to defend your faith when confronted with your hypocrisy btw.

"Thou shalt mock and dare those who ask why ye sin to doeth something about it; thou art still superior to them for at least pretending thou liveth according to the Bible." Lucie 3:16
(09-28-2015, 06:27 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Do you and StLucie realize Muslims, Christians, and Jews share the same Wizard in the sky?

WTF???  Look up, the point just went over your head.