Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 Player Every NFL Team Must Bench Immediately
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2798437

Cincinnati Bengals: OG Alex Redmond

Cincinnati Bengals offensive guard Alex Redmond leads the league in offensive holding penalties, with four through four weeks. He's also tied for the second-most penalties overall behind Houston Texans offensive tackle Julie'n Davenport (six).

Redmond struggled run-blocking in Week 1 versus the Indianapolis Colts, as noted by Pro Football Focus. Austin Gayle of PFF said Redmond allowed the most pressures and was last in pass-blocking efficiency through two weeks. The pressure number is now 16 through four weeks (third-most in the NFL).

In fairness to Redmond, the third-year pro has never started prior to this season, and the Bengals offense looks sharp en route to a 3-1 record. But the team may be best served making a change at right guard and inserting backup Christian Westerman to see what he can do.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
A couple weeks ago I'd have said Hart was our weak link, he's played better. Now I'd say it's Redmond. I'm all for giving Westerman a shot.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 11:28 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: A couple weeks ago I'd have said Hart was our weak link, he's played better. Now I'd say it's Redmond. I'm all for giving Westerman a shot.

I've been a bit confused all along that Redmond got the spot over Westerman to begin with.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 11:28 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: A couple weeks ago I'd have said Hart was our weak link, he's played better. Now I'd say it's Redmond. I'm all for giving Westerman a shot.

put westerman in place of Redmond.Our famous O-line coach should see this no brainer, or will he. if not leave Hopkins at center and put billy price in redmonds place.He played this position in college and was really good at it. come on you stupid coaches,don't you want to win ??? Or is it all about favorite guys?
Reply/Quote
If it aint broke................ I am sorry I might have missed which game(s) the Bengals Offense was struggling. Which game(s) were those again?
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 11:44 AM)fortyyearfan Wrote: put westerman in place of Redmond.Our famous O-line coach should see this no brainer, or will he. if not leave Hopkins at center and put billy price in redmonds place.He played this position in college and was really good at it. come on you stupid coaches,don't you want to win ??? Or is it all about favorite guys?

Huh??
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 11:49 AM)bambino5130 Wrote: If it aint broke................ I am sorry I might have missed which game(s) the Bengals Offense was struggling. Which game(s) were those again?

Redmond has allowed third-most pressures of all guards in NFL, and Cordy Glenn has allowed the sixth-most among all offensive tackles.

The reason it doesn't look bad is because Andy Dalton currently has the highest QBR in the NFL when blitzed (145.5).

It's hard to keep that up though. Props to what he has done so far, but we are playing with fire right now when it comes to pressure. It's better to have the line perform up to expectations, so Andy doesn't have to face that challenge.
Reply/Quote
Can’t really argue with ours being Redmond.

Reply/Quote
Must be nice to have “no one” for the Rams lol

I see Reggie Nelson and Jonathan Joseph made the list.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 12:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Must be nice to have “no one” for the Rams lol

I see Reggie Nelson and Jonathan Joseph made the list.

I saw that too haha

They are operating at a whole different level than the rest of the league right now.
Reply/Quote
Can I bench some defensive coaches? We knew the o-line was in transition. We were gashed for 230 yards rushing one game, and are giving up over 300 per in passing overall.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 11:49 AM)bambino5130 Wrote: If it aint broke................ I am sorry I might have missed which game(s) the Bengals Offense was struggling. Which game(s) were those again?

That applies on a bunch of things but not here, ask the Patriots. All NFL teams have to strive to get better each week and attempting to fix/replace your weak links is where it starts.

How many plays get disrupted going forward with a guy giving up 5 pressures a game vs. a guy giving up 1 ? What could that do to a win vs. a loss somewhere in the future ? Ross was wide open on the go route but Dalton couldn't see it with the DT in his lap.

Sitting on your hands and saying meh we're good enough is a recipe for failure.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 12:27 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Can I bench some defensive coaches?  We knew the o-line was in transition.  We were gashed for 230 yards rushing one game, and are giving up over 300 per in passing overall.

Austin has one and a half eyebrows of mine up. If it goes to 2 he's outta here.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 12:27 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Can I bench some defensive coaches?  We knew the o-line was in transition.  We were gashed for 230 yards rushing one game, and are giving up over 300 per in passing overall.

I've figured out the intent of Austin's schemes.  Let receivers run free all day long and hope they get tired.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 01:31 PM)McC Wrote: I've figured out the intent of Austin's schemes.  Let receivers run free all day long and hope they get tired.

The rope a dope D  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 11:44 AM)McC Wrote: I've been a bit confused all along that Redmond got the spot over Westerman to begin with.

We have all been confused by this. Well most of us.
Reply/Quote

Agree not broke because we are 3-1 but we could be 4-0. Granted there are some other things that happened in the Panthers game but it was Redmond’s holding penalty that took away a first down run and essentially took us out of FG range. That was a pivotal point of that game.

He definitely needs to clean up the play.
Reply/Quote
Redmond ain't going anywhere . He beat out Westerman according to the coaching staff and they get to decide as opposed to letting Bleacher Report decide.. 

But heck. Just throw in the guy who couldn't win the job all during training camp because ...bleacher report sez so.. Makes sense..and besides.. Redmond and Marvin have been hanging out in dark alleys after practices since the season started..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 05:12 PM)grampahol Wrote: Redmond ain't going anywhere . He beat out Westerman according to the coaching staff and they get to decide as opposed to letting Bleacher Report decide.. 

But heck. Just throw in the guy who couldn't win the job all during training camp because ...bleacher report sez so.. Makes sense..and besides.. Redmond and Marvin have been hanging out in dark alleys after practices since the season started..

It's not letting Bleacher Report decide, it's letting the tape decide.

And what the tape says, is Redmond has been awful. There's no debating that.
Most holding penalties among all lineman.
3rd most pressures among all offensive guards.
Just because the offense AROUND Redmond does well, does not make him good.

And it's not like this is a one game thing, Redmond has struggled all year.

With Glenn, there's at least bright spots.
His first two weeks, he allowed only two pressures.
Since then, he's allowed 8.

When healthy, Glenn is very good. When unhealthy, he's not.
That's been his entire career.

Redmond has not been good. Nor has Hart.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 05:12 PM)grampahol Wrote: Redmond ain't going anywhere . He beat out Westerman according to the coaching staff and they get to decide as opposed to letting Bleacher Report decide.. 

post of the day lmfao
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote