Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 RB in Rushing Yards this week so far is...
Phillip Lindsay - 19 carries for 157 yards and 2 TD's.

But...hey...it's injuries. We'll be better once Vigil is back. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Phillip Lindsay - 19 carries for 157 yards and 2 TD's.

But...hey...it's injuries. We'll be better once Vigil is back.  Hilarious

Lindsay has been a "hot" running back .  The Bengals linebackers are in poor shape though.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We forced six punts, forced under 40 % on 3rd downs, and held a QB under 60% completion attempt (and only 7.1 YPA). I would say we did some good things on defense and Vigil did have an effect particularly in coverage.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:30 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We forced six punts, forced under 40 % on 3rd downs, and held a QB under 60% completion attempt (and only 7.1 YPA). I would say we did some good things on defense and Vigil did have an effect particularly in coverage.

Keenum had a 95.5 passer rating. And Lindsay rushed for 8.3 yards per carry.

8.3 yards per carry!
Reply/Quote
Denver rushed for 218 yards against us! 218 yards.

I don't call that 'Doing some good things' on defense.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Keenum had a 95.5 passer rating. And Lindsay rushed for 8.3 yards per carry.

8.3 yards per carry!
And how does that change anything I said? 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:37 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: And how does that change anything I said? 

Ummm...we didn't do good things on defense.

Teams don't give up 218 yards rushing...157 yards @8.2 yards per carry to one RB...and say...we did some good things on defense.

Keenum has struggled all year and he had a 95.5 passer rating against us! And was 12/21.

They didn't have to pass more because we could stop the run. We gave up 6.4 yards per carry!
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Ummm...we didn't do good things on defense.

Teams don't give up 218 yards rushing...157 yards @8.2 yards per carry to one RB...and say...we did some good things on defense.

Keenum has struggled all year and he had a 95.5 passer rating against us! And was 12/21.

They didn't have to pass more because we could stop the run. We gave up 6.4 yards per carry!

You cannot keep handing the ball back to an offense and expect great stats by a defense.

The defense has not played well this year but they played a solid game today. The offense and penalties lost the game against the Broncos.

You can't score 3 points in one half then turn the football over twice and expect to win in the NFL.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:44 PM)Synric Wrote: You cannot keep handing the ball back to an offense and expect great stats by a defense.

The defense has not played well this year but they played a solid game today. The offense and penalties lost the game against the Broncos.

By not giving up 300-400 yards passing it seemed like they played better...but giving up 6.4 ypc is not good. It's not what a winning defense does.

And we actually had a better TOP than the Broncos. So the excuse that the offense played bad so the defense was at a disadvantage doesn't fly.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Phillip Lindsay - 19 carries for 157 yards and 2 TD's.

We did get better....no wide open players in the middle of the field in the passing game. 

Vigil is a huge upgrade over the rest of this LB core.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Keenum had a 95.5 passer rating. And Lindsay rushed for 8.3 yards per carry.

8.3 yards per carry!

He came in at just under 6... Dude can play football... I know the Bengals suck, but he's been doing it all year. The only team to slow him was Houston... And Baltimore... When he punched a Raven, and was ejected.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: By not giving up 300-400 yards passing it seemed like they played better...but giving up 6.4 ypc is not good. It's not what a winning defense does.

And we actually had a better TOP than the Broncos. So the excuse that the offense played bad so the defense was at a disadvantage doesn't fly.

The offense playing bad effects the defense just like the defense playing bad effects the offense as it has in previous weeks.

The defense gave them most of the first half to take control of the game but the offense and penalties in the first half and 2 turn overs in the third quarter lost the football game...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: By not giving up 300-400 yards passing it seemed like they played better...but giving up 6.4 ypc is not good. It's not what a winning defense does.

How bout the excuse that Bengals suck? Does that excuse fly? Newsflash... Lindsay is good, the Bengals aren't.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Yeah it's the injuries..   Ninja  yet all our starters were on the field except Preston Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Keenum had a 95.5 passer rating. And Lindsay rushed for 8.3 yards per carry.

8.3 yards per carry!

Besides the 65-yard TD... He averaged 5.1 yards per carry. And coming in to this game he averaged 5.8... 

Stats can be misleading. I think excluding the outlier shows a pretty average day for him. He even had more carries today than any other game this year.

Honestly, most teams can put up numbers either way the last few weeks. I can't really be surprised at this point.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 12:39 AM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Besides the 65-yard TD... He averaged 5.1 yards per carry. And coming in to this game he averaged 5.8... 

Stats can be misleading. I think excluding the outlier shows a pretty average day for him. He even had more carries today than any other game this year.

Honestly, most teams can put up numbers either way the 

I love when people try to take away the big runs to explain how well a defense played. We did give up a 65 yard TD. You can't just take it away. It happened. The 7 points from it counted too.

The way the defense played...they would give up 40 to the Saints. Denver isn't NO though.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:30 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We forced six punts, forced under 40 % on 3rd downs, and held a QB under 60% completion attempt (and only 7.1 YPA). I would say we did some good things on defense and Vigil did have an effect particularly in coverage.

Marvin Lewis is that you
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 12:44 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Marvin Lewis is that you

"We did some good things today. We just need guys to do their jobs better."
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 12:42 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I love when people try to take away the big runs to explain how well a defense played. We did give up a 65 yard TD. You can't just take it away. It happened. The 7 points from it counted too.

The way the defense played...they would give up 40 to the Saints. Denver isn't NO though.

Understanding outliers in data is pretty basic.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 12:46 AM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Understanding outliers in data is pretty basic.

Did you take out all the 'big runs' when calculating his ypc on the season too? I'm guessing a 65 yard run wasn't his biggest of the season.
Reply/Quote