Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 Seed
Yes, the 1 seed...

Shall we just win out and get the 1 seed? I say yes.

We are going to be favored in maybe every game but the Bills game.

Browns
@Bucs
@Pats
Bills
Ravens

Anyone confident that we can't beat any of the teams mentioned above? Win out or maybe one loss secures the 1 seed. They gotta play us.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 11:04 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yes, the 1 seed...

Browns
@Bucs
@Pats
Bills
Ravens

Anyone confident that we can't beat any of the teams mentioned above? Win out or maybe one loss secures the 1 seed. They gotta play us.

Even if we win out KC still has to drop one more.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 11:14 AM)Mer Wrote: Even if we win out KC still has to drop one more.

Seahawks will gladly give them that L for us. 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 11:14 AM)Mer Wrote: Even if we win out KC still has to drop one more.

KC is just damn lucky that the rest of their division didn't live up to the offseason hype.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Browns
@Bucs
@Pats
Bills
Ravens

Only 2 games worry me: the Bills game, for obvious reasons and the Browns, if only because they seem to own us (like we own the Chiefs ThumbsUp)
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 11:18 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: KC is just damn lucky that the rest of their division didn't live up to the offseason hype.

Yeah, I remember all the talk about how there were so many good teams in the AFC that will be vying for playoff spots. Looks like that was a lie.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 11:18 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: KC is just damn lucky that the rest of their division didn't live up to the offseason hype.

That would have been helpful. Sometimes, though, the teams that are already out of the playoffs play looser and better because there's nothing left to lose.
Reply/Quote
Still need some help for 1 seed, but we control everything to get to the 2 seed.
Reply/Quote

Yeah it's actually a pretty bad division.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

Browns
@Bucs
@Pats
Bills
Ravens

its reasonable to think 4-1 on rest of sked
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 11:19 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Only 2 games worry me: the Bills game, for obvious reasons and the Browns, if only because they seem to own us (like we own the Chiefs ThumbsUp)

Watson being back actually helps us I feel like. He looked awful/rusty as hell last week. 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 11:20 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Yeah, I remember all the talk about how there were so many good teams in the AFC that will be vying for playoff spots. Looks like that was a lie.

Anytime a team adds a high profile FA, the media goes crazy thinking they'll flip to like 4+ more wins.

They thought the Raiders, who went 10-7 last year, would be even better with Davante Adams and Josh McDaniels. We all know McDaniels' history as a HC though, so not surprised they're underperforming this year.

They thought the 7-10 Broncos were magically going to be a playoff contender with Russell Wilson and Nathaniel Hackett. But they traded away one of their offensive weapons to get Wilson and Javonte Williams went down early. The offense has been far worse than expected, even with Fant and Williams gone.

And the Chargers...everyone seems to have a love affair with Justin Herbert, who couldn't even get his team to the playoffs since he's been in the league. He's good, but he's not Burrow-level. Herbert is 15th in passer rating, and only 4th in passing yards despite being 1st in passing attempts (leading Burrow by 70!!). Their defense also has been bottom-tier the past 2-3 years. If their defense was better, maybe they could win more games.

I will say that it's the AFC East and NFC East that are the most surprising divisions this year. Who would have thought both of those divisions would have had 0 teams with losing records after 13 weeks? Those divisions have notoriously been atrocious year-after-year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 11:41 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah it's actually a pretty bad division.

With the way that the NFL broadcasting community celebrated and trumpeted every signing, pickup, trade and acquisition that any of the AFCW teams made over the offseason, they had it built up to be the division of doom for the rest of the league. 

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 12:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With the way that the NFL broadcasting community celebrated and trumpeted every signing, pickup, trade and acquisition that any of the AFCW teams made over the offseason, they had it built up to be the division of doom for the rest of the league. 

Figured we would have to win the division since they were sending four to the playoffs. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I'd like you guys to play the Cheifs again before we do. See you in a month!
Reply/Quote
I don't know this is really the place to post this, so mods please move if you feel it belongs elsewhere...
Tua Tagovailoa has really blossomed into an elite QB like some of us thought he could.
It's amazing what another great offensive weapon and a new offensive scheme can do for someone with the talent of Tua, who quite a few were considering a flop after his first two seasons.
I was one who really liked both Tua and Burrow in that draft class, would have been happy with either one. Had Tua not gotten injured that year, I think the debate on who deserved to go 1st overall really would have been a valid one.
Happy to see both he and Burrow thriving now.
The AFC is flooded with young QB talent - Burrow, Mahomes, Tagovailoa, Allen, Herbert, Lawrence
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The way this team keeps evolving, they are built to contend. Early on this season, I don't think much of anyone would be talking about how the Bengals just took down a pair of division leaders, on back to back weekends, by playing tough, physical, ball-control football.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 02:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't know this is really the place to post this, so mods please move if you feel it belongs elsewhere...
Tua Tagovailoa has really blossomed into an elite QB like some of us thought he could.
It's amazing what another great offensive weapon and a new offensive scheme can do for someone with the talent of Tua, who quite a few were considering a flop after his first two seasons.
I was one who really liked both Tua and Burrow in that draft class, would have been happy with either one. Had Tua not gotten injured that year, I think the debate on who deserved to go 1st overall really would have been a valid one.
Happy to see both he and Burrow thriving now.
The AFC is flooded with young QB talent - Burrow, Mahomes, Tagovailoa, Allen, Herbert, Lawrence

2020 was such a great QB class. It's funny how each QB fits their franchises perfectly too. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

Browns
@Bucs
@Pats
Bills
Ravens

Let's go for it. I don't know if anybody can beat this team, we will see with the Stains and Bills as those are the questions.

I think we win the rest of these games for sure if bad things don't occur and we stay blessed on this run.

But we could win out and it wouldn't surprise me and get the #1 seed, IT IS POSSIBLE.
Reply/Quote

Browns
@Bucs
@Pats
Bills
Ravens

After the Bengals win their next three, I bet they ARE favored in Buffalo.  Regardless of odds, the Bengals are red hot and their depth is helping win games.  
Reply/Quote