Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Quarterbacks in their first playoff start
(01-17-2022, 08:37 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Lol. Dalton sucks fellas. Sorry. He is an average middle of the road QB who is never going to win a playoff game. Something Burrow has done on his first healthy attempt at a season.

I am not one to look at stats for the most part. I feel as though you can twist stats to suit your argument. For me its the eye test 85% with stats filling in the 15%. Dalton simply never passed the eye test. Maybe he would for a few games but that was it. I think Carr is a very good comparison QB to Dalton in that he is a good QB that can get it done or you. He just can't get it done when it matters and never will. So while he is a 16/32 range QB he will never ever take you to the next level. I view that as someone holding you back. In fact I will post a thread soon about someone I think is holding a team in our division back on. (It is NOT Baker) Lmao.

For the eye test purpose Burrow certainly passes. This game I felt as though he was a bit hand cuffed at times by the play calling. But he still makes the checks at the line and swaps into a good play. He knows where the open WR/TE is and knows how each one of them likes the ball thrown to them. That is key. Look where he puts the ball for each guy. It is different. He knows what they like and gives it to them. He has it all and will win us many more playoff games to come.

I look forward to it as should we all!

WHO DEY!!!

It's not like we're suffering through post-2015 Dalton anymore, I don't blame Bengals fans for having warm memories of him and the playoff streak even after the playoff heartbreak. 
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 08:37 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Lol. Dalton sucks fellas. Sorry. He is an average middle of the road QB who is never going to win a playoff game. Something Burrow has done on his first healthy attempt at a season.

I am not one to look at stats for the most part. I feel as though you can twist stats to suit your argument. For me its the eye test 85% with stats filling in the 15%. Dalton simply never passed the eye test. Maybe he would for a few games but that was it. I think Carr is a very good comparison QB to Dalton in that he is a good QB that can get it done or you. He just can't get it done when it matters and never will. So while he is a 16/32 range QB he will never ever take you to the next level. I view that as someone holding you back. In fact I will post a thread soon about someone I think is holding a team in our division back on. (It is NOT Baker) Lmao.

For the eye test purpose Burrow certainly passes. This game I felt as though he was a bit hand cuffed at times by the play calling. But he still makes the checks at the line and swaps into a good play. He knows where the open WR/TE is and knows how each one of them likes the ball thrown to them. That is key. Look where he puts the ball for each guy. It is different. He knows what they like and gives it to them. He has it all and will win us many more playoff games to come.

I look forward to it as should we all!

WHO DEY!!!

Sorry Cloe, but Andy doesn't suck; didn't then, didn't now. He's bog-standard, middle of the pack. Won't lose you a game, but won't win it for you either, just with better numbers: an ascended Dilfer.

You said so yourself, 16/32 range.

Anyways, I agree that we should look forward to the future and what Burrow will bring us; it's a high I've been on since the Fiesta Bowl, 2019 (thanks to Whitworth, I'm a de facto LSU fan Big Grin)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 12:07 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Sorry Cloe, but Andy doesn't suck; didn't then, didn't now. He's bog-standard, middle of the pack. Won't lose you a game, but won't win it for you either, just with better numbers: an ascended Dilfer.

QB Purgatory (where the Bengals canceled their lease in 2020 and the current penthouse owner is the Minnesota Vikings).
Reply/Quote
The folks over on CJ are saying that Kyler's straight up not an NFL QB, which I think is a bit hyperbolic but that is the language of social media. Rough days happen, its just unfortunate that it can happen during the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 12:29 AM)34inXXIII Wrote: QB Purgatory (where the Bengals canceled their lease in 2020 and the current penthouse owner is the Minnesota Vikings).

Oof at least we never paid Dalton that kind of money…

Gotta hit on your QB draft picks boys and girls. Even an average one costs a fortune in FA.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 12:30 AM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: The folks over on CJ are saying that Kyler's straight up not an NFL QB, which I think is a bit hyperbolic but that is the language of social media. Rough days happen, its just unfortunate that it can happen during the playoffs.

That’s ridiculous.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 01:11 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s ridiculous.

The national audience is tough. Most of the posts are saying he should've picked the Athletics etc
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 12:30 AM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: The folks over on CJ are saying that Kyler's straight up not an NFL QB, which I think is a bit hyperbolic but that is the language of social media. Rough days happen, its just unfortunate that it can happen during the playoffs.

What he isn't is the transformational QB they thought they were getting at the top of the first round. He is, however, okay. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 12:07 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Sorry Cloe, but Andy doesn't suck; didn't then, didn't now. He's bog-standard, middle of the pack. Won't lose you a game, but won't win it for you either, just with better numbers: an ascended Dilfer.

Anyways, I agree that we should look forward to the future and what Burrow will bring us; it's a high I've been on since the Fiesta Bowl, 2019 (thanks to Whitworth, I'm a de facto LSU fan Big Grin)

Well you right. He doesn't suck. 

But Middle of the road just keeps your team there. So in that sense he sucks as he is holding the team back
Reply/Quote