Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 seed in AFC - Ha!
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace/

Who Dey!

Which of these teams scare you the most?

For me:

1. Tennessee. They look SOLID on both sides of the ball.

2. Oakland only due to their T.E. who is already a beast
and we don’t cover T.E’s well.

3. I think the Browns are much better than their record.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 10:20 AM)Whacked Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace/

Who Dey!

For me:

Browns are going to Brown. I said it prior to the season. And OBJ is back and already causing problems with Mayfield
Reply/Quote
Only because the Raiders are mentioned, I'd like to point out that Derek Carr went 31 for 34 yesterday. I'm not sure how relevant it is to this thread but I think that's pretty amazing.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 10:20 AM)Whacked Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace/

Who Dey!

For me:

Don't forget the Chargers, I know they got blown out by the Ravens but they are very good on both sides of the ball.
Reply/Quote
I don’t want any part of Tennessee
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 10:58 AM)Housh Wrote: I don’t want any part of Tennessee

1. We beat them last year.

2. They lost to the lowly Jets

Honestly, the Ravens were the team I was the most concerned with after what they did to Burrow last year (plus running for like 500 yards in the 2nd game), but we all saw how that played out…
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
The Bills are probably our biggest competition in the AFC.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 10:39 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Only because the Raiders are mentioned, I'd like to point out that Derek Carr went 31 for 34 yesterday. I'm not sure how relevant it is to this thread but I think that's pretty amazing.

I think when we play them we will get enough pressure to not allow that to happen. From what I’ve seen of Derek Carr he’s a great QB when comfortable, but it doesn’t take too much to knock him off his spot.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 10:58 AM)Housh Wrote: I don’t want any part of Tennessee

Buffalo either.
Reply/Quote

Who Dey!

For me:

Thing im most worried about is testing our Depth....

Ravens will be hard to beat twice i think.

Buffalo and Tennessee will be challenges as well
Reply/Quote
I’m using SRS as my measure here. Buffalo is the top team in the AFC with a rating of 13.2. Cincinnati is now SECOND with a rating of 7.6. Tennessee is third at 5.3 and Baltimore/Indy round out the top five with 3.4 and 3.1, respectively. The Browns, Raiders and Chargers are all pretty ‘meh’ by SRS because of average schedules and very close games.

Biggest competition in the AFC is Buffalo, Tennessee and Baltimore currently.
Reply/Quote
Tennessee doesn't bother me at all. King Henry's bread and butter is punishing defenders, our defense is built for it.

Vegas doesn't bother me. The boost they got from replacing Gruden will be short-lived

Browns, Baltimore, and Buffalo worry me.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Ravens/Browns, solely due to division. It's hard enough beating a divisional opponent twice. Three rounds is a big ask (and a stressful one).
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I think the Bills are the team of this bunch that is most formidable. I follow Tennessee closest of NFL teams besides the Bengals of course, and they are pulling off some impressive feats of late, because their secondary is decimated right now. They are well coached and have significantly improved their pass rush. Landry has been finally playing lights out, and Dupree is back and looking spry. Their young LB David Long looks better each week (I wanted us to draft him that year lol). Having said that, I believe we match up better against the Titans than the Bills. Lastly, Henry is such a joy to watch play and I try to take advantage of the chance to watch him when I can.
Reply/Quote
I’m surprised the Browns aren’t getting more respect.

IMO, they are better than the Rat Turds when firing on all cylinders.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 02:15 PM)Whacked Wrote: I’m surprised the Browns aren’t getting more respect.

IMO, they are better than the Rat Turds when firing on all cylinders.

The amount of injuries is going to hold them back.

Mayfield is going to need surgery at the end of the season.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote

Who Dey!

For me:

I agree on the Browns, and Tennessee to me poses some huge problems. What a cast they have on that side, and if Henry makes it to the third level, I worry about Bates trying to bring him down.

I believe we can handle Oakland, but it will be a good game.

And please don’t murder me people! BUT: I don’t believe we are actually the best team in the AFC. I still think the Bills could give us a beat down. What a great turnaround though!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 02:17 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The amount of injuries is going to hold them back.

Mayfield is going to need surgery at the end of the season.

I think they're going to put him on the shelf for the rest of the year.  

Just can't see some 300 lb. DL landing on that broken shoulder and not hear Baker screaming from outside the stadium.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 03:07 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I think they're going to put him on the shelf for the rest of the year.  

Just can't see some 300 lb. DL landing on that broken shoulder and not hear Baker screaming from outside the stadium.

Wouldn't surprise me at all. Feel like each time he gets hit he is just risking further injury.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
It’s hard to gauge the competition at this stage, teams get better and worse as the season unfolds. The team we saw in Baltimore was better than the team that just beat Jacksonville by a large margin. If they keep getting better like this no one would really scare me.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote