Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
10/23 Ruler of the Jungle
Bring out your old Devon Still jerseys. Devon and his daughter Leah will be the Rulers of the Jungle on Sunday in honor of NFL's Cancer Awareness Month. Leah was diagnosed with Stage IV cancer in 2014 at age 4. Now 12, she has been cancer free for 7 years.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 06:22 PM)pally Wrote: Bring out your old Devon Still jerseys.  Devon and his daughter Leah will be the Rulers of the Jungle on Sunday in honor of NFL's Cancer Awareness Month.  Leah was diagnosed with Stage IV cancer in 2014 at age 4.  Now 12, she has been cancer free for 7 years.

Great story and, as a father, i'm really happy for her and her parents and wish them nothing but the best. 

All that said...a Bengals loss is now guaranteed. That won't be very popular and it has nothing to do with what a great story Leah is. It just is what it is. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 06:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Great story and, as a father, i'm really happy for her and her parents and wish them nothing but the best. 

All that said...a Bengals loss is now guaranteed. That won't be very popular and it has nothing to do with what a great story Leah is. It just is what it is. 

So should we even bother showing up, or just go ahead and play?  Ya know, for the kids.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 06:22 PM)pally Wrote: Bring out your old Devon Still jerseys.  Devon and his daughter Leah will be the Rulers of the Jungle on Sunday in honor of NFL's Cancer Awareness Month.  Leah was diagnosed with Stage IV cancer in 2014 at age 4.  Now 12, she has been cancer free for 7 years.

I gotta give Mikey credit for what he did for that family. Carried a guy on the roster that wasn't even going to play so Leah would have insurance. That's all class right there. Say what you will about Mike, and Lord knows I have, but that earned him some respect in my book. Then selling his jerseys and giving them the proceeds was even better.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 06:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Great story and, as a father, i'm really happy for her and her parents and wish them nothing but the best. 

So, we finally jettison the Bo and Andy curses, but now there's a Devon Still curse?  Jesus, these curses are a minefield.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Good for them. That should be a lot of fun for her.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 06:36 PM)JumboTron Wrote: So should we even bother showing up, or just go ahead and play?  Ya know, for the kids.

You always fake it and go through the motions for the kids. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 07:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: I gotta give Mikey credit for what he did for that family. Carried a guy on the roster that wasn't even going to play so Leah would have insurance. That's all class right there. Say what you will about Mike, and Lord knows I have, but that earned him some respect in my book. Then selling his jerseys and giving them the proceeds was even better.

100%

and so happy for Leah, Devon and the family.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 07:17 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: So, we finally jettison the Bo and Andy curses, but now there's a Devon Still curse?  Jesus, these curses are a minefield.  

Burrow is the curse breaker, feel it guarantees the victory. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 07:05 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I gotta give Mikey credit for what he did for that family. Carried a guy on the roster that wasn't even going to play so Leah would have insurance. That's all class right there. Say what you will about Mike, and Lord knows I have, but that earned him some respect in my book. Then selling his jerseys and giving them the proceeds was even better.

Is that the best move he ever made as owner? It is; isn't it?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 09:07 PM)jason Wrote: Is that the best move he ever made as owner? It is; isn't it?

I think so....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 09:07 PM)jason Wrote: Is that the best move he ever made as owner? It is; isn't it?

Absolutely 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Why would you say that. The entire city embraced the Still family and it is a huge heartwarming story. I expect huge applause when they are introduced.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 07:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: I gotta give Mikey credit for what he did for that family. Carried a guy on the roster that wasn't even going to play so Leah would have insurance. That's all class right there. Say what you will about Mike, and Lord knows I have, but that earned him some respect in my book. Then selling his jerseys and giving them the proceeds was even better.

For sure

And so happy to hear she's doing well.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 07:05 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I gotta give Mikey credit for what he did for that family. Carried a guy on the roster that wasn't even going to play so Leah would have insurance. That's all class right there. Say what you will about Mike, and Lord knows I have, but that earned him some respect in my book. Then selling his jerseys and giving them the proceeds was even better.

This!

The Mike Brown and bengals were all class with how they handled that. So happy she is still in remission. Her story hits close to home
Reply/Quote
Great idea... So glad to see Leah doing well.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 08:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Why would you say that. The entire city embraced the Still family and it is a huge heartwarming story. I expect huge applause when they are introduced.

Agree and see this as being a very popular move and expecting some TV coverage about Leah and Devon as a reminder for those who don't recall as well. 

Thought Devon would be a solid player and have have to believe this situation weighed him down and detoured his transition to the NFL.

So glad it worked out for the family and expecting the Jungle to Roar when they're announced.  

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

This and not moving the team to another city when the entire fanbase has had torches and pitchforks coming for him specifically right behind it. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 06:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: All that said...a Bengals loss is now guaranteed. That won't be very popular and it has nothing to do with what a great story Leah is. It just is what it is. 

When I read OP's post, I got the opposite feeling. I feel like this is going to inspire the Bengals. I already predicted a win, but with this inspirational story in front of them, I'm thinking we might get a complete game from BOTH the offense and defense leading to a blow out.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 08:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Why would you say that. The entire city embraced the Still family and it is a huge heartwarming story. I expect huge applause when they are introduced.

That's why i pointed out it has nothing to do with the Still family at all. It is a great, heartwarming story. 

Reply/Quote