Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
10 people injured at KC Super Bowl Parade
(02-15-2024, 12:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: Ah, yes.  The traditionally non-progressive areas of NYC, Baltimore and Chicago. Ninja

If anyone wonders how leftists can be presented with clear evidence of their utter failure and still manage to avoid confronting it, here it is.  Baltimore is second in the nation in homicides in 2022.  So even with a drop in the rate their numbers are still astronomical. Congrats Baltimore on going from shitty to slightly less shitty.

https://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/baltimore-ranks-among-top-2-cities-with-homicide-rate-problems-according-to-study

Chicago is ranked 7th.  New York held out a bit longer than most "progressive" areas, but look for their numbers to have increased in 2023 (not homicide specifically, crime in general).  So, your drops are drops from way higher rates to just much higher rates.  

You literally could not be a more perfect example of someone using statistics to deceive.

Quote:Also, again. Rates started rising in 2019. "pre-Biden".

It could be your location bias.  It could be your job bias.  

It's not bias, it's called evidence.  And I provided evidence of this not being an issue specific to Los Angeles County.  Literally how much more evidence do you need to finally admit that the far left has utterly failed the people on this issue?  That their radical ideology is victimizing people and costing them their lives and livelihood?  Is your blind deference to anything Democrat so strong that you cannot find fault in them for anything, no matter how strong the evidence?

Quote:Either way I agreed that repeat offenders and violent offenders need to treated more harshly.

Except ultimately you do not.  If you actually believed that then you'd join the majority of us who recognize the root of this problem and you'd be demanding the resignation of these soft on crime, and criminals, DAs.  But you're not, your defending them, both in this thread and others.

Reply/Quote
The actual "facts" are that you said crime was up since 2020 for "some reason" and I shared multiple sites that show crime was rising in 2019 and has since seen a leveling off or decrease in many areas...including "progressive" areas.

If Baltimore is #2 but decreasing that is a good thing that it is decreasing.  

If violent crimes are decreasing (for the most part) that is a good thing and it seems whatever adjustment that you say caused the spike is being adjusted the other way for "some reason".

That's it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2024, 12:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: The actual "facts" are that you said crime was up since 2020 for "some reason" and I shared multiple sites that show crime was rising in 2019 and has since seen a leveling off or decrease in many areas...including "progressive" areas.

If Baltimore is #2 but decreasing that is a good thing that it is decreasing.  

If violent crimes are decreasing (for the most part) that is a good thing and it seems whatever adjustment that you say caused the spike is being adjusted the other way for "some reason".

That's it.

It's both fascinating and horrifying to witness how utterly indoctrinated you are.  You literally cannot find fault with the Democrats, no matter how strong the evidence.  I'm going to stop now because you literally cannot provide stronger evidence for my position, and there is no chance of convincing you of the obvious truth.  Enjoy the rest of your day.

Reply/Quote
I apologize for derailing the thread to show violent crime is in fact decreasing overall and giving my opinion that that is a positive thing despite the shooting in KC.

On topic I heard on the news this morning that it is *possible* some of the suspects are minors and that is leading to so little information being released about them.  *Speculation* was that it may have been an incident between the suspects and not directed at the parade participants or spectators.

We shall wait and see.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2024, 02:50 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I generally follow that train of thought on not going back to the dark ages. But I'm out of ideas for solutions to the problem. Prisons are over crowded. And people with death penalties and life without parole sentences who are clearly guilty spending years hanging out in prison is tax money I would rather spend elsewhere and one of the issues I've always had with the justice system. So I'm willing to think outside the box. Kill two birds with one stone. Eww now there's and idea. Maybe let the people in the crowds that get shot up stone the shooter/s. Good old fashioned biblical stoning? Put it on TV. Then the next school that gets shot up we'll do a wake/pep rally/stoning and let the kids do it. Make a tiktok video of the kids going nuts taking revenge and maybe the next kid thinking about shooting up a school will think twice? Shocked

WTF

Maybe.  I know Trump was praising China's speedy trials and executions and his crowd was cheering and in awe of how awesome having a "tough-on-crime" government like that would be.  Maybe he's more your speed than you think.  Trump could be a double bonus for you, because I'd argue that the most likely way this country faces an overturning or alteration of the 2A is for us to willingly discard democracy first and hand power over to someone who, among other unconstitutional things, has expressed an interest in taking guns first and worrying about the legality later.

I can get why people feel this way, we're desperate and depressed with how not depressing people getting shot is.  If you leave your house to have fun at a parade and get shot, well, you knew what you were getting into.  Life is cheap, maybe it always has been.  This feeling of unfair status quo BS is why people feel compelled to hand over their country to "strongman" leaders who will promise to keep you safe by going after bad people with an merciless fury.  Short-term, feels pretty good.  I can see why people like the idea of it.

I wouldn't rule out public executions becoming a thing in this country during my lifetime.  Lord knows I didn't expect my response to a shooting at a SB parade to be "Well, of course that happened."

Oh and side note, if mass shooters are publicly executed people are going to stop watching because it happens all the time.  We'll be numb to yet another daily shooting and yet another daily execution.  I doubt a society that is so numb to death of various types is ready to ascend into a golden age.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 06:11 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Gang bangers will gang bang.

Not exactly a difficult one, but I called this one early.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/14/us/kansas-city-chiefs-rally-shooting-thursday/index.html

I guess "personal dispute" is the new leftist word for gang violence.

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2024, 01:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe.  I know Trump was praising China's speedy trials and executions and his crowd was cheering and in awe of how awesome having a "tough-on-crime" government like that would be.  Maybe he's more your speed than you think.  Trump could be a double bonus for you, because I'd argue that the most likely way this country faces an overturning or alteration of the 2A is for us to willingly discard democracy first and hand power over to someone who, among other unconstitutional things, has expressed an interest in taking guns first and worrying about the legality later.

I can get why people feel this way, we're desperate and depressed with how not depressing people getting shot is.  If you leave your house to have fun at a parade and get shot, well, you knew what you were getting into.  Life is cheap, maybe it always has been.  This feeling of unfair status quo BS is why people feel compelled to hand over their country to "strongman" leaders who will promise to keep you safe by going after bad people with an merciless fury.  Short-term, feels pretty good.  I can see why people like the idea of it.

I wouldn't rule out public executions becoming a thing in this country during my lifetime.  Lord knows I didn't expect my response to a shooting at a SB parade to be "Well, of course that happened."

Oh and side note, if mass shooters are publicly executed people are going to stop watching because it happens all the time.  We'll be numb to yet another daily shooting and yet another daily execution.  I doubt a society that is so numb to death of various types is ready to ascend into a golden age.

I'm surprised we haven't had televised executions yet.  Pay per view style.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2024, 02:14 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Not exactly a difficult one, but I called this one early.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/14/us/kansas-city-chiefs-rally-shooting-thursday/index.html

I guess "personal dispute" is the new leftist word for gang violence.

or the cop term since that is how the Chief of Police phrased it.   I haven't met too many police chiefs who fall into the "leftist" category

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2024, 02:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm surprised we haven't had televised executions yet.  Pay per view style.

Dude, you're talking to someone who spent a goodly portion of his youth sitting in a building against his will kneeling before a statue of a man being executed. We love our executions as long as they are totally warranted or totally not warranted.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2024, 03:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Dude, you're talking to someone who spent a goodly portion of his youth sitting in a building against his will kneeling before a statue of a man being executed. We love our executions as long as they are totally warranted or totally not warranted.

Yeah, I'm a recovering Catholic myself.  I can dig it.
Reply/Quote
Interesting perhaps only because the suspects are minors.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/3851553-missouri-lawmakers-vote-against-banning-children-from-carrying-guns-in-public/

Quote:Missouri lawmakers vote against banning children from carrying guns in public
BY [/url]JULIA SHAPERO - 02/09/23 2:54 PM ET

[url=https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fthehill.com%2Fhomenews%2Fstate-watch%2F3851553-missouri-lawmakers-vote-against-banning-children-from-carrying-guns-in-public%2F&picture=https%3A%2F%2Fthehill.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F2%2F2023%2F01%2FAP22260110005251-e1679351578130.jpg%3Fw%3D900&title=Missouri%20lawmakers%20vote%20against%20banning%20children%20from%20carrying%20guns%20in%20public&description=Missouri%20state%20lawmakers%20voted%20down%20a%20proposal%20on%20Wednesday%20to%20ban%20children%20from%20carrying%20guns%20in%20public.%20The%20amendment%20to%20a%20public%20safety%20bill%2C%20brought%20to%20the%20floor%20by%20Democratic%20state%20Rep.%20Donna%20Baringer%20from%20St.%20Louis%2C%20was%20defeated%20104-39.%20The%20provision%20was%20originally%20part%20of%20House%20Bill%20301%2C%20a%20public%20safety%20bill%20developed%20by%26hellip%3B]SHARE
TWEET

[Image: AP22260110005251-e1679351578130.jpg?w=2000&ssl=1]The Missouri State Capitol is seen Friday, Sept. 16, 2022, in Jefferson City, Mo. (AP Photo/Jeff Roberson)

Missouri state lawmakers voted down a proposal on Wednesday to ban children from carrying guns in public.
The amendment to a public safety bill, brought to the floor by Democratic state Rep. Donna Baringer from St. Louis, was defeated 104-39.

The provision was originally part of House Bill 301, a public safety bill developed by a bipartisan working group on crime. Baringer served as a member of the working group.

However, when the legislation came before the larger Crime Prevention and Public Safety Committee, the provision barring children from publicly carrying guns was removed.

“We knew from the very beginning, when we had those conversations, every time we talked about the provision related to guns, we knew that that was going to be difficult on our side of the aisle,” said Republican state Rep. Lane Roberts from Jasper, who chaired the working group.

Baringer offered up the amendment to add it back in before the entire Missouri House of Representatives on Wednesday, noting that it had been requested by police officers in St. Louis.

“We have 14-year-olds walking down the middle of the street in the city of St. Louis carrying AR-15s,” she said the officers told her. “What has happened to us?”

“Until they actually brandish them, and brandish them with intent, our police officers’ hands are handcuffed, they are tied,” Baringer added.

This particular issue has arisen since the Missouri legislature repealed a state law in 2016 that required permits to carry a concealed weapon, Baringer noted. Without concealed carry permits, there is currently no way to set a minimum age requirement, she said.

Across the country, gun control laws have faced an uphill battle in the courts, following the Supreme Court’s decision in New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen last June. The high court overturned a concealed carry law in New York state, finding that gun laws must be in line with the country’s historic traditions.
Reply/Quote
There is something cynically fascinating about minors carrying guns. I say that as someone who has only been in situations where lethal force would have been legal for self defense before I turned 18.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2024, 03:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: There is something cynically fascinating about minors carrying guns.  I say that as someone who has only been in situations where lethal force would have been legal for self defense before I turned 18.

Italy have their wine.
France have their white flags. 
Portugal have their fish.
Brazil have their war on pubic hair.
America have their guns. 

For better and worse, guns and gun violence have just become part of American culture along with fast food and western movies. 
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2024, 03:16 PM)pally Wrote: or the cop term since that is how the Chief of Police phrased it.   I haven't met too many police chiefs who fall into the "leftist" category

LEO Department heads are appointed (or elected) positions, you'd best damned well believe they are leftists in heavily left jurisdictions like KC.  I've met a large number of them, how many have you met?

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2024, 03:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: Interesting perhaps only because the suspects are minors.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/3851553-missouri-lawmakers-vote-against-banning-children-from-carrying-guns-in-public/

If the DA has any decency they will be charged as adults and then we'll get considerably more info on them.  I'd bet heavily they are all prohibited persons and it's equally likely the firearms in their possession where not legally purchased by, or for, them.  As for your article, we'd need some actual meat to comment properly.  Lawmakers on both sides like to slip BS laws within what would otherwise be a very reasonable amendment.

Reply/Quote
https://archive.is/cUqta

Charges have been filed against two juveniles in the mass shooting Wednesday that killed one woman and wounded 22 others.
The two teens are being held at the Juvenile Detention Center on gun-related and resisting arrest offenses, according to the family court division of Jackson County Circuit Court.

No murder charges? Odd seeing as how a person is dead from a gunshot wound and the suspects, and their firearms, are in custody. I guess we need more gun control laws to really hold them accountable and keep everyone else safe.

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2024, 02:16 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: https://archive.is/cUqta

Charges have been filed against two juveniles in the mass shooting Wednesday that killed one woman and wounded 22 others.
The two teens are being held at the Juvenile Detention Center on gun-related and resisting arrest offenses, according to the family court division of Jackson County Circuit Court.

No murder charges?  Odd seeing as how a person is dead from a gunshot wound and the suspects, and their firearms, are in custody.  I guess we need more gun control laws to really hold them accountable and keep everyone else safe.

If a red state doesn't charge two black teens as adults with murder it'll legit challenge my views. 
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2024, 02:38 AM)Nately120 Wrote: If a red state doesn't charge two black teens as adults with murder it'll legit challenge my views. 

Red state means nothing when it comes to actually charging a criminal.  It's the county DA that does that.  As I have have already mentioned the DA in KC is "progressive".  Sorry to ruin that argument for you.

Not really. Cool

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2024, 02:48 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Red state means nothing when it comes to actually charging a criminal.  It's the county DA that does that.  As I have have already mentioned the DA in KC is "progressive".  Sorry to ruin that argument for you.

Not really. Cool

Ah yeah good point.  Meanwhile I live in an area so red if someone shot me the DA would probably let them off with the "he looked like he could have been Mexican or an Arab" defense. 
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2024, 02:38 AM)Nately120 Wrote: If a red state doesn't charge two black teens as adults with murder it'll legit challenge my views. 

Since I'm not an expert in everything legally involved in every state and jurisdiction I guess my question is: Are there specific circumstances for charges like "murder" vs "involuntary homicide" vs some other charge where the suspects actions resulted in a death?

If you and I have a shootout over the last donut and accidentally shoot Dill who is walking by the building is that the same as aiming at Dill and killing him?  

And do we know the age of the suspects?  I've been busy and we're leaving for the weekend so I didn't read any links yet this morning.  Can we charge 15 year olds as adults in KC?  13?  

Those are serious questions that I do not know the answers to.

Anyway when we get settled I'll come back to the "Bengals Wanna Be Lawyer Subforum" and I'm sure by then there will be an answer backed with links and backing information.   Ninja

That was the joke because I DO know that won't happen.   Smirk
Reply/Quote