Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
100 Days Til Opening Day!
I figured we could make a thread for a countdown to the first game against the Steelers that's at Paul Brown, and today marks 100 days until they come to The Jungle to get their asses handed to them!

The start to a Super Bowl win comes against our biggest rivals and one of the most successful franchises in NFL history!

100 DAYS!

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2022, 02:14 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I figured we could make a thread for a countdown to the first game against the Steelers that's at Paul Brown, and today marks 100 days until they come to The Jungle to get their asses handed to them!

The start to a Super Bowl win comes against our biggest rivals and one of the most successful franchises in NFL history!

100 DAYS!

WHO-DEY!

Should be a tough game even if our team is way more stacked talent wise and we have the much better QB and Defense.

Will need some time for the new OL to gel. Nice feeling out game though against an inferior opponent most likely but yah never
know about the Steelers. They are always competitive for the most part even when they suck just like last year. I thought them 
drafting Kenny Pickett was smart as he was really the only QB I really liked in this last Draft. They had a great draft just like the 
Ravens IMO.

Hoping they start Biscuit over Pickett. 
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2022, 05:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Should be a tough game even if our team is way more stacked talent wise and we have the much better QB and Defense.

Will need some time for the new OL to gel. Nice feeling out game though against an inferior opponent most likely but yah never
know about the Steelers. They are always competitive for the most part even when they suck just like last year. I thought them 
drafting Kenny Pickett was smart as he was really the only QB I really liked in this last Draft. They had a great draft just like the 
Ravens IMO.

Hoping they start Biscuit over Pickett. 

Mercy Nate! Do you realize you're giving the squeelers credit for..anything?  Turn in your fan card until you apologize..  Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2022, 05:26 PM)grampahol Wrote: Mercy Nate! Do you realize you're giving the squeelers credit for..anything?  Turn in your fan card until you apologize..  Cool

Apologize Gramps. Smirk

Still hate them worse than any team ever.

Hope we beat the shit out of them even worse than last year, but have to have some perspective when looking at this game. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Currently riding a 3 game win streak vs the Steelers.... last time we won more than 3 was from 1988-1990 when we won 6 in a row.

I was not alive for transparency.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2022, 06:14 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Currently riding a 3 game win streak vs the Steelers.... last time we won more than 3 was from 1988-1990 when we won 6 in a row.

I was not alive for transparency.

Nice, LETS DO IT AGAIN!!! Yes
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2022, 08:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice, LETS DO IT AGAIN!!! Yes

The one thing that rests my soul is our run defense. It was superb in the last few games. Our division opponents like to run the ball. I’m confident that they will struggle to do so. The Steelers will finish last in the division. They are in transition.
Reply/Quote
Who knows,Pickett could be a fast learner and put everything together in the early going.If so,the Steelers could be competitive.But,the Bengals should win.Handing a blowout to the Steelers in the first game of the season,and making a statement would be nice.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2022, 09:44 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Who knows,Pickett could be a fast learner and put everything together in the early going.If so,the Steelers could be competitive.But,the Bengals should win.Handing a blowout to the Steelers in the first game of the season,and making a statement would be nice.

https://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/33422/steelers-first-round-pick-kenny-pickett-taking-third-string-reps-i-didnt-think-i-was-going-to-walk-in-and-be-the-1?device=featurephone

Can't even immediately beat Mason Rudolph for 2nd team reps.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2022, 09:34 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The one thing that rests my soul is our run defense. It was superb in the last few games. Our division opponents like to run the ball. I’m confident that they will struggle to do so. The Steelers will finish last in the division. They are in transition.

Feel the same. I love having a good run Defense, hated all those years of getting ran all over. Nothing makes me angrier.

Sure, if a team passes on you and scores tons of points on you it sucks but not being able to stop the run to me is worse.

At least if you can stop the run you can put Offenses into tough situations and go after the QB.

(06-03-2022, 09:44 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Who knows,Pickett could be a fast learner and put everything together in the early going.If so,the Steelers could be competitive.But,the Bengals should win.Handing a blowout to the Steelers in the first game of the season,and making a statement would be nice.

He seems that type but he would be a rookie in his first game, but hey, it is against the Bengals who always seem to 
struggle against backup QB's they know nothing about. We are much better when we know something about the QB.

(06-04-2022, 07:05 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: https://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/33422/steelers-first-round-pick-kenny-pickett-taking-third-string-reps-i-didnt-think-i-was-going-to-walk-in-and-be-the-1?device=featurephone

Can't even immediately beat Mason Rudolph for 2nd team reps.

That is nice. Wink
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2022, 12:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Feel the same. I love having a good run Defense, hated all those years of getting ran all over. Nothing makes me angrier.

Sure, if a team passes on you and scores tons of points on you it sucks but not being able to stop the run to me is worse.

At least if you can stop the run you can put Offenses into tough situations and go after the QB.
Also being able to control the clock and keep the opposing offense on the sideline, while also limiting turnover risks, also is a big advantage to a team, which is more benefits to having a good run defense. 

Also being able to get a good chunk of yards on first and (sometimes) second down makes for easier second and third down play calls because it leaves the playbook wide open when you only need five or less yards on second or third down.

Like you said, it's easy to get after the QB on third and long when you know they have to throw and the QB needs some time for his receivers to get into their routes and far enough downfield to get the first down.

(06-04-2022, 12:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He seems that type but he would be a rookie in his first game, but hey, it is against the Bengals who always seem to 
struggle against backup QB's they know nothing about. We are much better when we know something about the QB.

It always has seemed that way but it times are changin in The Jungle, so maybe with a home crowd going nuts, we'll make his life hell!
Reply/Quote
Well I’m pumped my two sons just told me for my birthday flying me to NYC for the Jets/Bengals game ( 1 lives there) get to go on sideline before game and go by team hotel Saturday Night and see friends.
Reply/Quote
Steelers are not going to start their rookie... they will let the season play out and if it turns sour like suspected they will turn over the reigns mid-season to Pickett
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2022, 02:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Also being able to control the clock and keep the opposing offense on the sideline, while also limiting turnover risks, also is a big advantage to a team, which is more benefits to having a good run defense. 

Also being able to get a good chunk of yards on first and (sometimes) second down makes for easier second and third down play calls because it leaves the playbook wide open when you only need five or less yards on second or third down.

Like you said, it's easy to get after the QB on third and long when you know they have to throw and the QB needs some time for his receivers to get into their routes and far enough downfield to get the first down.

It always has seemed that way but it times are changin in The Jungle, so maybe with a home crowd going nuts, we'll make his life hell!

That is why I like this team so much the FO and Coaches have built. This team can stop the run and the 3 major upgrades 
on the OL are fantastic run blockers. This goes a long way in winning Time of Possession. I could see times a changin' when 
we are at Home, but just last year that Mike White guy torched us when we played the Jets in their place.

This needs to stop lol

(06-04-2022, 02:27 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Well I’m pumped my two sons just told me for my birthday flying me to NYC for the Jets/Bengals game ( 1 lives there) get to go on sideline before game and go by team hotel Saturday Night and see friends.

Awesome! Happy for you Soonerpeace! Should be a blast!  Rock On

(06-04-2022, 03:02 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Steelers are not going to start their rookie... they will let the season play out and if it turns sour like suspected they will turn over the reigns mid-season to Pickett

Probably right, just in time to play us the second time around lol
Reply/Quote
How come no one has done

[Image: 96596133-big-green-number-99.jpg]

days, yet?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2022, 04:46 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: How come no one has done

[Image: 96596133-big-green-number-99.jpg]

days, yet?

I almost did but I was in a hurry this morning but I got on here specifically to do that now, but you already had lol

THANKS!
Reply/Quote
This is like counting bottles of beer on the wall. lol The Bengals should win the game against the Steelers. I'm thinking it will be competitive and Steeler fans will overtake PBS like usual.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2022, 08:01 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: This is like counting bottles of beer on the wall. lol The Bengals should win the game against the Steelers. I'm thinking it will be competitive and Steeler fans will overtake PBS like usual.

I'm going to chalk this up to sarcasm I hope.  I think the days of Steelers out-numbering the Bengals is over for a while.  
Reply/Quote

The Stealers will open the season with Mitch Trubisky as the QB. He is actually better than people give him credit for, and his experience will win him the starting gig for a while. Still, I see no way they hang with the Bengals. With the new offensive line giving JoeyB an extra second on each play, that's an extra second for Chase, Higgins and Boyd to work their magic downfield and get open. That's something no team in the league really wants to deal with. Expect a lot of defensive holding and pass interference this year. Now whether we get it called or not is the question.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2022, 08:06 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I'm going to chalk this up to sarcasm I hope.  I think the days of Steelers out-numbering the Bengals is over for a while.  

Thinking the same. The Jungle should be rockin' with Bengals fans more than ever. Won't be like in the Marv days where 
those damn piss yellow shitsburg bastids would come in an out number our fans. We got a massive fanbase started after 
this last Postseason and even in the SuperBowl where we made it a lot closer than anyone predicted.

(06-05-2022, 10:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The Stealers will open the season with Mitch Trubisky as the QB. He is actually better than people give him credit for, and his experience will win him the starting gig for a while. Still, I see no way they hang with the Bengals. With the new offensive line giving JoeyB an extra second on each play, that's an extra second for Chase, Higgins and Boyd to work their magic downfield and get open. That's something no team in the league really wants to deal with. Expect a lot of defensive holding and pass interference this year. Now whether we get it called or not is the question.

The refs will try to keep it close no doubt. Expect Hendrickson and others to be held all day with no calls going our way.

Just the way it goes when we play the Stealers, have to play against 2 teams and overcome both...

The piss yellow and black and the zebras.
Reply/Quote