Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
11 OFFENSIVE LINEMAN BENGALS FIRST 2 ROUNDS
The Bengals are just awful with no blocking which means no running game, no passing game, few points, quarterback taking extra hits.

Tackle is often most logical pick at #12 in round one and Bengals are in need of a good tackle.  Three players stay high on most NFL Prospect Lists be it ESPN, CBS, Walter....Mike McGlinchey of Notre Dame,  Orlando Brown of Oklahoma and Kolton Miller of UCLA....I look for one of these 3 to become a Bengal at pick 12 because it's a good safe pick consistent with trying to find a Left Tackle high in Round One and fills a huge need.  

Besides Tackle, there are others to watch.  Guard- Quenton Nelson of Notre Dame should be drafted by time Bengals pick but if he isn't it raises problem for Bengals. He is considered best blocker in draft but Mike Brown has refused to keep and pay guards Montoya, Steinbach, Zeitler.  What's the point in drafting him high just to coach him up and let him go in a couple years ?  .....Also at 12 could be Billy Price of Ohio State that is ranked as a top Center but also ranked as a top Guard.  Again we run into the problem of Bengals paying him in a couple years. It makes no sense to draft guards and centers if Mike Brown refuses to pay guards and centers.

Five others to watch are guards Will Hernandez of UTEP and Braden Smith of Auburn.  Center/ Guard possibles are Frank Ragnow of Arkansas, Bradley Bozeman of Alabama, Isaiah Wynn of Georgia, Ross Pierchbacher of Alabama.

Again, the Bengals have the worst blocking in the NFL.  The O Line that started 8-0 in 2015 is long gone.  Since Bengals refuse to pay guards and centers, then Left Tackle seems the pick at 12 if you are looking for a player for the next 10 years.  Hopefully out of McGlinchey, Brown and Miller they find and pick a Pro Bowl Left Tackle for the next 10 years for Bengals as Munoz or Whitworth and it becomes a great pick.   ....Even if they get a good Left Tackle in Round One, they still need more blocking being the worst O Line in NFL.   A Second Round pick of a Center/Guard type would help.  Billy Price, Frank Ragnow, Bradley Bozeman, Isaiah Wynn, Ross Pierchbacher  with the Bengals deciding that if this Second Round pick works out that they will indeed pay this guard or center in a couple years and stop this garbage that Mike Brown refuses to pay guards and centers.

So that's the 10 Offensive Linemen that are at the top of all the different draft lists out there.  The Bengals O Line is awful and worst blocking in NFL.  They need to go O Line in Rounds ONE and TWO.  Get the Left Tackle and then one of these talented Center/ Guard option types and THAT should bring much needed blocking to the worst blocking team in the NFL.  Of course Bengals have to learn that when a blocker becomes Pro Bowl type, you have to pay the money and keep such a blocker.  To go cheap over and over is just stupid. When blockers become Pro Bowl types, you must pay them.

IF the Bengals in ROUND ONE take either McGlinchey, Brown or Miller at Left Tackle...and in ROUND TWO grab either Price, Ragnow, Bozeman, Wynn or Pierchbacher.....Then they will have brought in much needed blocking talent to address the worst blocking in NFL.
'
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 03:40 PM)kevin Wrote: The Bengals are just awful with no blocking which means no running game, no passing game, few points, quarterback taking extra hits.

Tackle is often most logical pick at #12 in round one and Bengals are in need of a good tackle.  Three players stay high on most NFL Prospect Lists be it ESPN, CBS, Walter....Mike McGlinchey of Notre Dame,  Orlando Brown of Oklahoma and Kolton Miller of UCLA....I look for one of these 3 to become a Bengal at pick 12 because it's a good safe pick consistent with trying to find a Left Tackle high in Round One and fills a huge need.  

Besides Tackle, there are others to watch.  Guard- Quenton Nelson of Notre Dame should be drafted by time Bengals pick but if he isn't it raises problem for Bengals. He is considered best blocker in draft but Mike Brown has refused to keep and pay guards Montoya, Steinbach, Zeitler.  What's the point in drafting him high just to coach him up and let him go in a couple years ?  .....Also at 12 could be Billy Price of Ohio State that is ranked as a top Center but also ranked as a top Guard.  Again we run into the problem of Bengals paying him in a couple years. It makes no sense to draft guards and centers if Mike Brown refuses to pay guards and centers.

Five others to watch are guards Will Hernandez of UTEP and Braden Smith of Auburn.  Center/ Guard possibles are Frank Ragnow of Arkansas, Bradley Bozeman of Alabama, Isaiah Wynn of Georgia, Ross Pierchbacher of Alabama.

Again, the Bengals have the worst blocking in the NFL.  The O Line that started 8-0 in 2015 is long gone.  Since Bengals refuse to pay guards and centers, then Left Tackle seems the pick at 12 if you are looking for a player for the next 10 years.  Hopefully out of McGlinchey, Brown and Miller they find and pick a Pro Bowl Left Tackle for the next 10 years for Bengals as Munoz or Whitworth and it becomes a great pick.   ....Even if they get a good Left Tackle in Round One, they still need more blocking being the worst O Line in NFL.   A Second Round pick of a Center/Guard type would help.  Billy Price, Frank Ragnow, Bradley Bozeman, Isaiah Wynn, Ross Pierchbacher  with the Bengals deciding that if this Second Round pick works out that they will indeed pay this guard or center in a couple years and stop this garbage that Mike Brown refuses to pay guards and centers.

So that's the 10 Offensive Linemen that are at the top of all the different draft lists out there.  The Bengals O Line is awful and worst blocking in NFL.  They need to go O Line in Rounds ONE and TWO.  Get the Left Tackle and then one of these talented Center/ Guard option types and THAT should bring much needed blocking to the worst blocking team in the NFL.  Of course Bengals have to learn that when a blocker becomes Pro Bowl type, you have to pay the money and keep such a blocker.  To go cheap over and over is just stupid. When blockers become Pro Bowl types, you must pay them.
'

A couple years?  More like 6 years.  4 year deal, 5th year option, 6th year tag.

Yes, that is worth it, even if he walks in year 7.  Any time you get 6 years out of a player, you are doing pretty damn good.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 03:40 PM)kevin Wrote: The Bengals are just awful with no blocking which means no running game, no passing game, few points, quarterback taking extra hits.

IF the Bengals in ROUND ONE take either McGlinchey, Brown or Miller at Left Tackle...and in ROUND TWO grab either Price, Ragnow, Bozeman, Wynn or Pierchbacher.....Then they will have brought in much needed blocking talent to address the worst blocking in NFL.
'

I think the couple games we saw of Westerman and Richmond affected the needs just a bit.
No longer do I see OG as an absolute need. OT and C are much bigger needs IMO.
And when it comes to OT and C, I think there's a better chance of a really good C being available at 46 than a really good OT.
So I'd lean toward OT at 12, C at 46 if going OL in the first two rounds.
But ideally I think the Bengals might even be able to wait until Round 3 for a C and go BPA defensive player in Round 2.

Regardless, you're absolutely right that OL needs upgraded and there are some very good (if not elite) options in this draft to really help improve it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 03:45 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: A couple years?  More like 6 years.  4 year deal, 5th year option, 6th year tag.

Yes, that is worth it, even if he walks in year 7.  Any time you get 6 years out of a player, you are doing pretty damn good.

I'm looking at Zeitler being gone fast.  ....This is one reason I say take the Left Tackle in Round One.  ...But come back early in Round Two and grab the best Center/ Guard player on the board and there are a few of them.  If Price is still on board certainly.  Ragnow, Bozeman, Wynn are also able to challenge Bodine at center or a guard for playing time. ...BUT THE BENGALS HAVE TO STOP THIS NONSENSE OF NOT PAYING GOOD VETERAN GUARDS AND CENTERS.  .....Lets say they get lucky and get a Left Tackle and also Price and both become Pro Bowlers.  I'm sorry, but you have to PAY and KEEP THEM because it IS STUPID not to. .....So besides trying to have a good draft, Bengals must also CHANGE and PAY MONEY if the draft picks become Pro Bowl type Blockers, the kind we need to get to Super Bowl as in 1980's. 

The perfect draft might be...might be....ROUND ONE- LEFT TACKLE-MIKE McCLINCHEY-NOTRE DAME....and falling to Bengals in ROUND TWO- CENTER/GUARD- BILLY PRICE-OHIO STATE....Now that would be close to perfect, but I don't look for Price to fall to 2. Center/Guard Frank Ragnow of Arkansas in 2 would be OK...Bengals might want Brown or Miller over McGlinchey at Left Tackle.

Because Bengals go cheap on guards and centers, I say Left Tackle with high First Round Pick. Address the other in Round Two if a Price or Ragnow still on the board. Hopefully Bengals learn to pay good centers and guards in the future because blocking is key in football.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 04:07 PM)kevin Wrote: I'm looking at Zeitler being gone fast.  ....This is one reason I say take the Left Tackle in Round One.  ...But come back early in Round Two and grab the best Center/ Guard player on the board and there are a few of them.  If Price is still on board certainly.  Ragnow, Bozeman, Wynn are also able to challenge Bodine at center or a guard for playing time. ...BUT THE BENGALS HAVE TO STOP THIS NONSENSE OF NOT PAYING GOOD VETERAN GUARDS AND CENTERS.  .....Lets say they get lucky and get a Left Tackle and also Price and both become Pro Bowlers.  I'm sorry, but you have to PAY and KEEP THEM because it IS STUPID not to. .....So besides trying to have a good draft, Bengals must also CHANGE and PAY MONEY if the draft picks become Pro Bowl type Blockers, the kind we need to get to Super Bowl as in 1980's. 

With westerman and redmond playing so well I agree with Ocho OG is not as much of a need as RT and OC....we will leave Boling at LT so drafting a LT in round 1 is a waste...if we draft Orlando Brown he will start at RT day one. I'd almost rather draft Vita Vae in 1 and come back with Isaiah Wynn in 2 and play him at OC and then come back in 3 with a RT and LB.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 04:16 PM)pulses Wrote: With westerman and redmond playing so well I agree with Ocho OG is not as much of a need as RT and OC....we will leave Boling at LT so drafting a LT in round 1 is a waste...if we draft Orlando Brown he will start at RT day one. I'd almost rather draft Vita Vae in 1 and come back with Isaiah Wynn in 2 and play him at OC and then come back in 3 with a RT and LB.

Boling at LT might have been a band aid.  ...The goal should be a Super Bowl O Line....At pick 12 we should get a top Left Tackle in either McGlinchey, Brown or Miller, which ever one Bengals like best.  That Pick 12 in One should be like drafting Munoz or a Whitworth and anchor Left Tackle for next 10 years. ...This moves Boling back to guard.  ...This makes us set at 2 of the 5 O Line spots...A lot of talk on here about Westerman and Redmond. Then at right tackle there is still maybe Ogbuhei or Fisher.  Smith and Winston getting up in age. Bodine at center.  ...I'll be honest, other than Boling, I don't think much of our O Line and it is the worst in NFL.  Bengals are easily THE WORST blockers in NFL. ....This is why get a Top Left Tackle with that Top Pick and move Boling back to guard and then hammer down taking a center/guard type like Price or Ragnow in 2.  Hopefully Westerman or Redmond can man the other guard spot opposite Boling.  Price or Ragnow challenge Bodine or man that guard spot.  Right Tackle may go to Ogbuhei if he can cut it.  He was a top pick and maybe right tackle more suited to him.  There is Fisher and others if Og fails at right tackle.  Right Tackle in Free Agency may be a need. 

I like getting a good solid Left Tackle with the Top Pick and moving Boling back to guard.  The hope being Westerman or Redmond can handle the other guard spot, plus bring in a Price or Ragnow to play center or guard.  Depth in Boling able to play Left Tackle if needed.  Depth at LT, LG, C, RG in all this....Ogbuhei and Fisher get one last chance at RT but with others if they fail.  Here is where a Westerman or Redmond may have to man RT if Ogbuhei and Fisher don't man up.  

Boling being able to play left tackle is a good thing, but with this top pick, looking for a left tackle for next 10 years makes sense.  You put Boling back at guard and try to man up at center, right guard, right tackle. You claim right guard should be no problem. I say get a good center/ guard like Price or Ragnow in there with Bodine and these guards in round 2. 

IF we can fix the blocking, I like our play-off chances, especially if Mixon and Ross have good second years to go with Dalton to Green. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
It’s either Price or a defensive player for me at 12.

Plenty of depth in the oline this year if we went on the defense side first.

I know we need a tackle. I just haven’t concluded there is value there at 12.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
A quick depth Add On

LT : #12 pick in Round One or Boling
LG: Boling or Westerman or Redmond or pick in Round Two
C : Bodine and pick in Round Two
RT : Westermann or Redmond or pick in Round Two
RT : Ogbuhei or Fisher or Smith or Westerman or Redmond.

and this is why we need the Left Tackle in One and the Center/ Guard in Two because even with these top picks it will be hard turning the worst O Line in NFL into a Super Bowl O Line. It is possible though, especially if Ogbuhei or Fisher would live up to their high draft picks and man down right tackle, that would be most helpful.....Injuries happen, so looking also at depth.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 05:08 PM)Goalpost Wrote: It’s either Price or a defensive player for me at 12.  

I know we need a tackle.  I just haven’t concluded there is value there at 12.
The good Left Tackles go early.  Most good Left Tackles are Top Picks.  ....However if they take Price in Round One, I can see that IF they are willing to PAY HIM when he becomes veteran status and none of this Mike Brown Don't Pay Guards And Centers garbage. .....I would love the luxury of a top linebacker but really our defense is much better than our blocking.  Having the worst blocking in NFL means only 3 or 4 wins but it also means the quarterback and running backs get injured. ...I can't see D in Round One at all, but I can see Price over Left Tackle.  Problem is we are not going to find a good Left Tackle after Round One, but we could find a good Center/ Guard after Round One. I think we can get good D help after we draft a couple blockers. The good Left Tackles always go fast in the draft and on everybody's radar. .....WE DIDN'T ADDRESS LOSING WHITWORTH or ZEITLER in 2017 Draft and 2018 Draft DEMANDS IT.

I could see Price and Boling at Left Tackle maybe. He would have to if we don't draft Left Tackle. NFL people are saying Price is a rare player, I can see adding Price.....I can't see Round One defense when we have the worst O Line in NFL.......NFL SCOUTS are SOLD on PRICE. Price could be a Pro Bowl Center for 10 years in NFL. I'm all for that.

So I'm with you on Price at #12. He is about the only one that I would pass on Left Tackle for. We have to get a Munoz on the line, somebody out of college the scouts see Pro Bowl O Line for year to come, be it Left Tackle, Center, Guard, we need to come out of Round One with a Future Pro Bowl O Lineman and possible Hall Of Fame to bring Blocking Back To Bengals. Of course If Price is this good, Mike Brown will have to change his attitude about what centers get paid.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 04:58 PM)kevin Wrote: Boling at LT might have been a band aid.  ...The goal should be a Super Bowl O Line....At pick 12 we should get a top Left Tackle in either McGlinchey, Brown or Miller, which ever one Bengals like best.  That Pick 12 in One should be like drafting Munoz or a Whitworth and anchor Left Tackle for next 10 years. ...This moves Boling back to guard.  ...This makes us set at 2 of the 5 O Line spots...A lot of talk on here about Westerman and Redmond. Then at right tackle there is still maybe Ogbuhei or Fisher.  Smith and Winston getting up in age. Bodine at center.  ...I'll be honest, other than Boling, I don't think much of our O Line and it is the worst in NFL.  Bengals are easily THE WORST blockers in NFL. ....This is why get a Top Left Tackle with that Top Pick and move Boling back to guard and then hammer down taking a center/guard type like Price or Ragnow in 2.  Hopefully Westerman or Redmond can man the other guard spot opposite Boling.  Price or Ragnow challenge Bodine or man that guard spot.  Right Tackle may go to Ogbuhei if he can cut it.  He was a top pick and maybe right tackle more suited to him.  There is Fisher and others if Og fails at right tackle.  Right Tackle in Free Agency may be a need. 

I like getting a good solid Left Tackle with the Top Pick and moving Boling back to guard.  The hope being Westerman or Redmond can handle the other guard spot, plus bring in a Price or Ragnow to play center or guard.  Depth in Boling able to play Left Tackle if needed.  Depth at LT, LG, C, RG in all this....Ogbuhei and Fisher get one last chance at RT but with others if they fail.  Here is where a Westerman or Redmond may have to man RT if Ogbuhei and Fisher don't man up.  

Boling being able to play left tackle is a good thing, but with this top pick, looking for a left tackle for next 10 years makes sense.  You put Boling back at guard and try to man up at center, right guard, right tackle. You claim right guard should be no problem. I say get a good center/ guard like Price or Ragnow in there with Bodine and these guards in round 2. 

IF we can fix the blocking, I like our play-off chances, especially if Mixon and Ross have good second years to go with Dalton to Green. 

LT Boling
LG Westerman
OC Isaiah Wynn
RG Redmond
RT Orlando Brown or later pick/ Maybe even Ogbuehi

Wynn gives us depth across the whole line and fills a need we have at center where he can start from day one. As I feel Price will go in the 1st and Ragnow in the 2nd.

Another possibility at RT is Zach Crabtree from Okla St. Most have not heard a whole lot about him but he will be moving up the draft boards here soon...Should be able to get him in the 3rd or 4th.  3 year starter. We could still draft a OG later on for depth and competition,maybe someone like Wyatt Teller possibly.
Reply/Quote

'
wrong....
if we draft Nelson we don't have him or "a couple' of years as you state....
we sign him for a 4 year contract.....pick up the 5th yr option....then franchise him for the 6th year....
so that's 6 years of having a pro bowl OG....
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 05:29 PM)kevin Wrote: The good Left Tackles go early.  Most good Left Tackles are Top Picks.  ....However if they take Price in Round One, I can see that IF they are willing to PAY HIM when he becomes veteran status and none of this Mike Brown Don't Pay Guards And Centers garbage. .....I would love the luxury of a top linebacker but really our defense is much better than our blocking.  Having the worst blocking in NFL means only 3 or 4 wins but it also means the quarterback and running backs get injured. ...I can't see D in Round One at all, but I can see Price over Left Tackle.  Problem is we are not going to find a good Left Tackle after Round One, but we could find a good Center/ Guard after Round One. I think we can get good D help after we draft a couple blockers. The good Left Tackles always go fast in the draft and on everybody's radar. .....WE DIDN'T ADDRESS LOSING WHITWORTH or ZEITLER in 2017 Draft and 2018 Draft DEMANDS IT.

I could see Price and Boling at Left Tackle maybe. He would have to if we don't draft Left Tackle.    NFL people are saying Price is a rare player, I can see adding Price.....I can't see Round One defense when we have the worst O Line in NFL.......NFL SCOUTS are SOLD on PRICE.  Price could be a Pro Bowl Center for 10 years in NFL.  I'm all for that.  

So I'm with you on Price at #12.  He is about the only one that I would pass on Left Tackle for.  We have to get a Munoz on the line, somebody out of college the scouts see Pro Bowl O Line for year to come, be it Left Tackle, Center, Guard, we need to come out of Round One with a Future Pro Bowl O Lineman and possible Hall Of Fame to bring Blocking Back To Bengals.  Of course If Price is this good, Mike Brown will have to change his attitude about what centers get paid.

just saw the Bleacher reports top 50 players today...
they had OG Nelson at #3....
Price at #29
I just don't see all this love for Price....some of you even want him picked at #12....
SMH....
I guess it's b/c he's out of Ohio st....
if we can get him in rd #2, fine....but i'd bet the ranch we will NEVER pick him in rd #1.....NO WAY....
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 05:08 PM)Goalpost Wrote: It’s either Price or a defensive player for me at 12.  

I know we need a tackle.  I just haven’t concluded there is value there at 12.

the Bengals will NEVER pick Price at #12.....
he's mocked in the 20's constantly....
Bleacher report today....they're top 50 players has him at 29....
it has to be he's out of Ohio st....???
Reply/Quote
I think a good center is needed, one that can call line play. The center sets the tone for the entire line. A big fast tackle is needed, could be a draft or a trade.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 03:45 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: A couple years?  More like 6 years.  4 year deal, 5th year option, 6th year tag.

There not gonna tag him at something like 12+ million. That's not happening.
(01-08-2018, 04:16 PM)pulses Wrote: With westerman and redmond playing so well I agree with Ocho OG is not as much of a need as RT and OC....we will leave Boling at LT so drafting a LT in round 1 is a waste...if we draft Orlando Brown he will start at RT day one. I'd almost rather draft Vita Vae in 1 and come back with Isaiah Wynn in 2 and play him at OC and then come back in 3 with a RT and LB.
Boling got destroyed at left tackle by one of the worst dline in the nfl. I'd rather have ogbuehi at lt over boling.
(01-08-2018, 10:02 PM)Steve Wrote: wrong....
if we draft Nelson we don't have him or "a couple' of years as you state....
we sign him for a 4 year contract.....pick up the 5th yr option....then franchise him for the 6th year....
so that's 6 years of having a pro bowl OG....

They're not paying 12+ million for a guard franchise tag
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 06:46 AM)Jpoore Wrote: There not gonna tag him at something like 12+ million. That's not happening.
Boling got destroyed at left tackle by one of the worst dline in the nfl. I'd rather have ogbuehi at lt over boling.

They're not paying 12+ million for a guard franchise tag

Ogbuehi PFF for the year was a 41.....Boling was 75.6 for the year......nice try
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 07:08 AM)pulses Wrote: Ogbuehi PFF for the year was a 41.....Boling was 75.6 for the year......nice try

1. Pff is notorious garbage at oline grades.
2. Boling got destroyed by Ziggy and ah and Tahir Whitehead , who the lions are gonna just let walk.  And he was giving ur pressure in Ravens game all damn game. Again I'd take ogbuehi at lt over boling. The people acting like ogbuehi was good at left tackle are just not smart.
Reply/Quote
I am a Kolton Miller fan as far as tackles go, but if the thought it you got Boling on a cheap deal (guard deal) but he can play LT go guard/center. I think we bring in a O lineman in FA and G/C seems like the deeper group than Tackle.

Rumor is Derwin James makes it to us at 12 though, if that's the case you have to go with James.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 10:08 PM)Steve Wrote: just saw the Bleacher reports top 50 players today...
they had OG Nelson at #3....
Price at #29
I just don't see all this love for Price....some of you even want him picked at #12....
SMH....
I guess it's b/c he's out of Ohio st....
if we can get him in rd #2, fine....but i'd bet the ranch we will NEVER pick him in rd #1.....NO WAY....

They also had Lamar Jackson at 15 and Sam darnold 1 in the mock draft so I take that with a grain of salt.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 10:56 AM)Jpoore Wrote: 1. Pff is notorious garbage at oline grades.
2. Boling got destroyed by Ziggy and ah and Tahir Whitehead , who the lions are gonna just let walk.  And he was giving ur pressure in Ravens game all damn game. Again I'd take ogbuehi at lt over boling. The people acting like ogbuehi was good at left tackle are just not smart.

Yeah and you're the brains and they don't know anything....typical response from you the so called expert.
Reply/Quote